Projector/Mini PC Combo

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Righto, last chrissy we got a Nebula Capsule as a present. We've had a chromecast set up to it to stream Netflix, Foxtel, etc.. which has been good. But never ticked all the boxes for me, and I've been intrigued with Mini PC's the last couple of years, so I took the leap and purchased a Intel NUC i5 11th-gen. Mulled shit over for a bit and come up with this combo.

It was born out of necessity because I wanted everything to be included in a single unit for the ease of portability and quick setup.

The chassis for it.
001 frame.jpg

The projector on top, followed with the Mini PC in the middle, and the Mini PC's power supply unit on the bottom.
002 basics.jpg

And the rest of the kit, minus the wiring.
003 full kit.jpg

Hopefully tonight I'll get a chance to hook it all up and grab a video for a demo of the setup. (y)

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pure

Germinating
User ID
Sweet little portable setup. What do you intend on running on the NUC ? Have any particular platform preference ?

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Havent put it though its paces yet, mate. But I'm not intending on pushing it too far either. It'll be primarily for downloading/watching movies, and streaming. I'm expecting it'll handle some indie games, but yet to see where the boundaries are in that regard.

The extras that I purchased are fairly basic within the NUC, there's s a 1TB Kingston M.2 storage, and one stick of Crucial 16GB 3200.

Edit: I eventually installed Win10 Pro 64bit, but the fuckin thing had all sorts of drivers missing from display, network and other crucial shit. I was surprised that I got it all sorted within the same day. Something like 9-10 drivers missing. Cunt of a thing.. šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
Top Bottom