Portable Vape - Mighty+ vs ???

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
From what I’ve read the only difference is the + has a higher max temp than the medic and the medic is tga approved. Other than that identical devices

I just googled it, says the max temp is 210 for the medic which is the same.

I saw one at the dispensary yesterday, it’s identical to my mighty +.

Do these laws mean those shitty vape stores popping up everywhere will be shut down?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I just googled it, says the max temp is 210 for the medic which is the same.

I saw one at the dispensary yesterday, it’s identical to my mighty +.

Do these laws mean those shitty vape stores popping up everywhere will be shut down?
Little sticker that says "medic" on the back of the medic, otherwise identical!

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
From what I’ve read the only difference is the + has a higher max temp than the medic and the medic is tga approved. Other than that identical devices
Thanks, yeah looked the same, priced the same and a sticker to boot.
The Great War moves in a new direction. I’d be really pissed if I had to smoke again. Edibles are fine but you loose all the nuances of an organic flower.
This mob seem to be in on the con too, even have a deal for a Medic + and a Medic volcano. What are peoples thoughts on the Volcano? Portability is about 25% of my needs.

Randomer

Germinating
User ID
Na they’re also banning all reusable vape devices that aren’t tga approved or sold by a pharmacy. They aren’t saying they’re disposable and just want the manufacturers to spend the money to get approval
And they want us to spend the money paying doctors for scripts to get vapes. They need to keep expanding the medical market..
Wait until they start ramping up the penalties for growing your own and cracking down on hydro shops

R3za92

Baked
User ID
And they want us to spend the money paying doctors for scripts to get vapes. They need to keep expanding the medical market..
Wait until they start ramping up the penalties for growing your own and cracking down on hydro shops
Crack down on hydro shops how. It’s already illegal to grow weed or possess seeds. The nutrients and equipment can be used to grow anything including vegetables etc. you think they’re going to crack down on the ag shops who sell 25kg bags of nutrients to those who run bigger hydro systems in their back yards?

They're just cracking down on unregulated therapeutic devices which have flown under the radar for years. In some ways it’s a good thing as it’ll stop sub par devices coming into the local market, in other ways it’s just a money grab by the tga.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
So what do you all think about buying vapes from overseas. Do you think customs are going to be opening packages

It’s good that existing stock can still be sold atm but in the future if a new model vape is released Aust won’t have access to it.

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Thanks, yeah looked the same, priced the same and a sticker to boot.
The Great War moves in a new direction. I’d be really pissed if I had to smoke again. Edibles are fine but you loose all the nuances of an organic flower.
This mob seem to be in on the con too, even have a deal for a Medic + and a Medic volcano. What are peoples thoughts on the Volcano? Portability is about 25% of my needs.
Yeah, I'm also thinking of grabbing a Volcano while I still can. Portability isn't an issue for me. Would like opinions on these as well.

Reactions: SAW

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Most of my portable vapes, past and present, are little black electronic devices. Like a hundred other consumer devices. I think they will be hard to stop coming in, because in an X-ray/scan they would look pretty similar to a MP3 player, mobile phone, Gameboy, etc. Just a thought...

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Most of my portable vapes, past and present, are little black electronic devices. Like a hundred other consumer devices. I think they will be hard to stop coming in, because in an X-ray/scan they would look pretty similar to a MP3 player, mobile phone, Gameboy, etc. Just a thought...
A couple of thoughts - if the "Goods Description" on the import declaration - if it says "Vaporiser" or similar, it will be looked at and likely seized. If it misdescribes the goods as "MP3 Player" or "Gift" then it may get through screening but still get picked up via X-ray. Also it is a Customs offence to misdescribe goods.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I've read about a couple of intercepts, but not sure how much truth there is to the rumours of it. I've been bringing bits and piece's of ball vapes in from Chinah for a while now, last delivery was last week. Everything has lobbed so far.

Got a Mighty+ (sipper vape), it's been good unit for a while now. Wanted a Tiny might for some time because of better flow/vape, but there appears to be a issue of the power button shitting itself? Held off until I hear otherwise.

As for desktop vape, Ball Vape is still king of them all (for mine).

Reactions: SAW

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I've read about a couple of intercepts, but not sure how much truth there is to the rumours of it. I've been bringing bits and piece's of ball vapes in from Chinah for a while now, last delivery was last week. Everything has lobbed so far.

Got a Mighty+ (sipper vape), it's been good unit for a while now. Wanted a Tiny might for some time because of better flow/vape, but there appears to be a issue of the power button shitting itself? Held off until I hear otherwise.

Yeah I don’t see it effecting ball vape components just the kits that are labeled as such.

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
That’s some engineering Indy. I’ll look into that further. End game 🥸

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

They have replaced the power button. Mine shat it's self but I sent it back and they put the new button in it. Was a pain in the arse but!

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Update from AV

Firstly, a big cheers to all the AV fam. The response to the recent updates regarding reforms has been huge and we appreciate everyone's support and share the concerns about the not-so-far future of dry-herb extraction devices.
Following our recent update on the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) vaping reforms, we have some encouraging news to share with you 🙏

Australian Vaporizers Secures Import Licence​

We're chuffed to announce that Australian Vaporizers has successfully obtained our import licence. This is a the first step in navigating the reforms to ensure that Australians can have access to products compliant with TGA standards to suit their needs as well as information to make better choices.💪

Commitment to Compliance and Quality​

In response to the TGA's recent reforms, we're been proactively collaborating with industry leaders and regulatory bodies. Our focus has been twofold: to ensure our product range complies with the new standards and to advocate for your rights to access these essential devices and accessories. We understand the importance of providing you with not access to the products you need but also the info necessary to make the right choice for you✅

Your Resource Hub: Understanding Your Access Rights​

Recognizing the complexity of these changes, we're in the process of creating a centralized information page. This resource will serve as a comprehensive guide for patients and customers, clarifying what products you can access and where. As the landscape evolves and as retailers, including ourselves, navigate the inventory transition, we hope this page will be an invaluable tool for you to stay informed.

We're committed to ensuring that you're well-equipped with the necessary info to make informed decisions about your vaping needs. This includes understanding when and how you can legally purchase and use the affected devices and accessories post the March 1st importation changes.📚

Announcing AV Merch: By Popular Demand!​

You're asking for it! In response to your feedback and enthusiasm, we're excited to announce the upcoming launch of exclusive Australian Vaporizers merchandise! Like rain in a drought, this has been a long time coming and has been created to nourish our community's spirit and shared passion. Keep your eyes peeled for our pre-sale announcement, where you'll have the chance to secure your own limited edition pieces. These runs will be exclusive, so don't miss out on this opportunity to own a piece of AV history ⏳

Your engagement and feedback have been instrumental in bringing this project to life. We can't wait to see you sporting your AV gear and sharing in this new chapter with us.🤜🤛

Looking Ahead 🔭

As the market adjusts to these new regulations, it's possible that some retailers may eventually sell out of their stock imported before the March 1st deadline. Rest assured, Australian Vaporizers is aiming to continue supplying you with the products you rely on, thanks to our proactive approach and dedication to compliance and quality.

We're here to support you through these changes, ensuring that you have access to the most effective vaping products available. Stay tuned for updates on our centralized information page, which we'll share with you as soon as it's live.🍃

Your trust and support mean the world to us. If you have any questions or need further clarification, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team.

Cheers once again, Legends.

The Aus Vapes Squad 💚

Top Bottom