Nutes - which ones?

mlg

Vegetating
User ID
So my h&g coco a&b and Budrite a&b has pretty much run out.
I grow 100% perlite last 2 years. Used the h&g for veg and the budrite for flower.
Tbh I'm pretty happy with both but haven't really compared to anything else.
I don't want organic because I'm in recirc with the perlite.
Classic question, which hydro nutes are ppl using and do you run one all the way through or 2 seperate (veg & flower). I'm not interested in additives or boosters, they do my head in although I have a bit of nutrifields pk heavy left.
Suggestions?
MLG

Reactions: HGO

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
So my h&g coco a&b and Budrite a&b has pretty much run out.
I grow 100% perlite last 2 years. Used the h&g for veg and the budrite for flower.
Tbh I'm pretty happy with both but haven't really compared to anything else.
I don't want organic because I'm in recirc with the perlite.
Classic question, which hydro nutes are ppl using and do you run one all the way through or 2 seperate (veg & flower). I'm not interested in additives or boosters, they do my head in although I have a bit of nutrifields pk heavy left.
Suggestions?
MLG
Had good results with the Professors nutrients A+B 5L bottles are good value , same mix all the way thru 5mls of each per litre

Reactions: mlg

goomeat

Germinating
User ID
I like Green Planet Dual Fuel as base nutes and use their Rezin and Massive Bloom in flower.

Reactions: mlg

carbon

Germinating
User ID
The one nute brand I will go out of my way to warn people from using (besides Advanced) is reiziger. In a dual res system it's performance was beyond poor compared to HyGen, H+G, etc..

mlg

Vegetating
User ID
The one nute brand I will go out of my way to warn people from using (besides Advanced) is reiziger. In a dual res system it's performance was beyond poor compared to HyGen, H+G, etc..
Cheers. When you say "dual res" what do you mean?

carbon

Germinating
User ID
Cheers. When you say "dual res" what do you mean?
So 1 tent has 2 reservoirs, each one feeding half of the system. That way I can do the Pepsi challenge without drastic environmental differences. I'm able to test whether an additive is worth adding to the schedule or help my homies shop decide what to carry.

Will post results as each grow passes. Next test is H+G Top Shooter on a pure Indica. Use on Hybrids have resulted in foxing.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
So 1 tent has 2 reservoirs, each one feeding half of the system. That way I can do the Pepsi challenge without drastic environmental differences. I'm able to test whether an additive is worth adding to the schedule or help my homies shop decide what to carry.

Will post results as each grow passes. Next test is H+G Top Shooter on a pure Indica. Use on Hybrids have resulted in foxing.

Sounds like a good idea especially if you have a bunch of clones in there
will be interesting to see your outcomes,,

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I got it from pops garden, but cant find his website anymore.. I know they will ship internationally, as Baked had some sent to NZ... shipping was as much as the product from memory...

this is from megacrop website:

Pop’s Garden19 Magin CrescentWallsend 2287

Phone: 0475636741Email: popsgardenstore@gmail.com

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
I got it from pops garden, but cant find his website anymore.. I know they will ship internationally, as Baked had some sent to NZ... shipping was as much as the product from memory...

Thanks for that mate, looks like they've gone belly up. No sign of them at all now.

I've noticed a lot of growers in the US rave about the stuff being so simple and still giving great results, and being a powder, its way cheaper to ship. Wonder how hard it would be to become an Aussie distributor.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Look into Peter's combi-sol

Can buy it in 15kg bags, use it alongside cal nitrate and magnesium sulphate powers to get a very similar product to Jacks 3- 2 - 1 over in the states

mlg

Vegetating
User ID

Ah right. I have 2 plants each with their own recirc 100L res and manage them seperately.

R3za92

Baked
User ID

Pops is no more. Import direct from green leaf. Personally if I was importing more (I’ve still got a few kg left of my original purchase from before even pops was selling it) I’d get the new 2 part and just get part A sent over and source some calcium nitrate (granular not prill) locally So your not paying stupid amounts of freight on something you can buy at the local ag store.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Look into Peter's combi-sol

Can buy it in 15kg bags, use it alongside cal nitrate and magnesium sulphate powers to get a very similar product to Jacks 3- 2 - 1 over in the states
All the peters lines available in aus I’ve looked at seem to be very low in phos compared to jacks and other nutrient lines. The closest I’ve seen to Jack’s phos numbers was one of the redox lines but can’t remember which one exactly it was.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Thanks for that mate, looks like they've gone belly up. No sign of them at all now.

I've noticed a lot of growers in the US rave about the stuff being so simple and still giving great results, and being a powder, its way cheaper to ship. Wonder how hard it would be to become an Aussie distributor.
Not hard. You’d just need to buy a pallet and ship it over. Was talking to a guy a few months back who was setting up to be the nz distributor but haven’t heard from him, covid was causing him issues on getting his stock

Top Bottom