Newbie with questions

Ladybug

Germinating
User ID
Hi peeps😊 this is my 1st grow indoor and outdoor, i was on oz stoners looking for an answer to my question of what soil to buy to transplant my outdoor girls and came across a link to the (TSE red soil organics) and this forma. Was thinkin of buyin it and mixing it with my backyard soil to make it stretch fether. Dose any1 recomend this.? Would i hav2 add anything else or just water till the end.? Dose any1 know how long it takes in the mail or can i go to a shop and buy it somewhere in Sydney.?
Cheers

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Hi peeps😊 this is my 1st grow indoor and outdoor, i was on oz stoners looking for an answer to my question of what soil to buy to transplant my outdoor girls and came across a link to the (TSE red soil organics) and this forma. Was thinkin of buyin it and mixing it with my backyard soil to make it stretch fether. Dose any1 recomend this.? Would i hav2 add anything else or just water till the end.? Dose any1 know how long it takes in the mail or can i go to a shop and buy it somewhere in Sydney.?
Cheers
The red soil guy dosnt ship to NSW. Or he didn’t last year when I tried to buy some.
Personally I would just head to your local landscape place and ask what is their top quality soil. You can then add stuff as you desire to it.
Easy as organics and a few others have full organic amendments that you can then add. Or just add stuff like different animal poo or mushroom compost or ya own compost.
I’ve never seen a soil that will get a plant to finish so some small feeds may be needed near the end of the plants life.

Ladybug

Germinating
User ID
The red soil guy dosnt ship to NSW. Or he didn’t last year when I tried to buy some.
Personally I would just head to your local landscape place and ask what is their top quality soil. You can then add stuff as you desire to it.
Easy as organics and a few others have full organic amendments that you can then add. Or just add stuff like different animal poo or mushroom compost or ya own compost.
I’ve never seen a soil that will get a plant to finish so some small feeds may be needed near the end of the plants life.

Thanks Porky
So i got topsoil
Organic compost
Perlite
Peat moss
Mushroom compost
Worm castings
Chicken manure
And blood n bone
Do you think that is all ok.? Or do i need more or less stuff, im not shore and all the you tube vids are from ather country's so im just kinda gessing lol

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
Will all be fine if composted.

Follow the general rule of thumb of:

1/3 peat
1/3 compost
1/3 aeration

I'd mix your castings with your compost 50/50 and top dress with castings if U have them.

Perlite will do for aeration. Bag of scoria from bunnings is nice to mix with perlite.

Peat or Coco will do.

Depending how rich your materials are.

I'd probs go no more than a cup per 60l maybe depending how composted on the chicken shit and blood and bone.

Roos will dig up blood and bone.

Get some kelp and Neem in there and should be alright.

Dr greenthumbs are in NSW

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Thanks Porky
So i got topsoil
Organic compost
Perlite
Peat moss
Mushroom compost
Worm castings
Chicken manure
And blood n bone
Do you think that is all ok.? Or do i need more or less stuff, im not shore and all the you tube vids are from ather country's so im just kinda gessing lol
I'd reccomend some Garden lime to sweeten it all up
and the occassional feed of unsulphured Mollasses to keep the
micro organisms in the soil happy

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yeah I’d agree with the lads above.
I would just ask how much topsoil did you get and what sort of consistency is it.
If ya got heaps you may just be able to add everything ya got and mix. But like mentioned above ya need some ratios. To much blood n bone or fresh animal poo and you’ll cook em.

Top Bottom