Nervous first timer!

Stealthylogic

Germinating
User ID
Hey guys!

I'm planning to do my first indoor grow. For some reason it's something I've always wanted to do, but just haven't bitten the bullet because I'm a little nervous!

However! Isolation does some crazy things and I randomly bought a HLG 260 V2 on afterpay. So now I have a $500 light and not really any idea where to go from here but I have free time and a boyfriend who wants results after my purchase haha. I'm not super shit in my knowledge of how it works as I've been researching. I'm just finding it really hard to know what actual products and brands to buy. I don't want to skimp, but I also don't want to spend money on high end brands we just don't need.

So current thoughts are -

I am growing in an ensuite. Just removing the shower door and putting a 3ftx3ft tent in there. We just bought a house so no rental inspections finally.

Light - HLG QB288

Tent - A 3ftx3ft cheap one off eBay

Inline and outake fan - what size would your recommend for this tent size? Any particular brands you would recommend?

Carbon Filter - Also at a complete loss on what one to get?

I was thinking of growing in the coco perlite or the cannaterra using Fabric pots. How many autos would you recommend in my tent size?

Speed Controller for fans

Dehumidifier - South East Qld but coming into winter? So not sure if needed.

Acoustic ducting

Thermometer/Hygrometer

Oscillating fans. Not sure to get 2 bigger ones or 4 computer sized ones?

Ppm Truncheon

PH meter

Koolbloom

Powerboards

Extension chords

Light timers

Cable ties/duct tape

Pruning shears.

I have also posted this in oz stoners but thought I would give it a go here as well :) Thanks!!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Oh yeah forgot to say on OZ stoners get the biggest carbon filter ya can that will fit ya fan or ducting.
Get a quality one as well. I went to visit a mate the other day before this covid lockdown and he always gets the cheapest carbon filters he can and nearly every time I visit and he’s flowering I can smell it in his house.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
welcome aboard stealthy, good to see you’ve been doing your homework, your list looks good, just be mindful of power boards with the little red power light constantly on. What strains you thinking of running?

Stealthylogic

Germinating
User ID
I've actually got no idea Gazza. I don't know if I should grow autos or not. I love sativas, but it's one thing I'm struggling with. Any recommendations? And good place to buy from? I'm looking at seedsman, yantra and some high buds page or something.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I would be wary of overseas vendors currently. Likely going to be lengthy delays getting shipments in.

Another member has had success with Aussiebakedbeans.com.au recently and from all reports the fem examples are exhibiting uniform growth. They are photo plants by Ethos Genetics. Might be worthwhile considering Photos as they are more forgiving if your conditions arent ideal in the first month of their lives.

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
I would try photos first.

As for carbon filter, I haven't used one and had no drama so far, but I have only done one crappy grow so far. A few of the stuff on your list isn't going to be needed for a while, like pruning shears.

I went with 6 inch exhaust fan, and 4 inch intake. I skimped out and went cheap brands, or no name and they seem to be going ok so far.

And for my new grow I am using easy as organic soil, seems to be excellent so far, and no mixing nutrients or ph'ing nutes.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Im using cheap shit, also 6 inch or 150mm diameter exhaust fans, the brand is called harvemax got mine in a kit with carbon filter and ducting and duct tape. Been running 24hrs a day since late December no issues so far.

Also stay away from the hpm brand of timers absolutely shit house.

I’ve used cave man seeds, was quick shipping before corona crap. There stock changes frequently, very good germination rate all seeds popped, and had 3 girls 2 boys out of 5 seeds.

I rekon u should go photo period plants for first time in soil or canna terra, want to keep it really simple first time around, and you’ll get more bud with photos, which is the name of the game.

Attachments

• 51BBFF55-D089-4E99-9B95-6A11C626BA2E.png
    51BBFF55-D089-4E99-9B95-6A11C626BA2E.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Top Bottom