Status
Not open for further replies.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Bomber

Vegetating
User ID
Im a noob grower here and will be watching your grow avidly. Not being as flush as you I had to make do with the $12 Big W fan, which has em rattling away quite nicely in the breeze. I never told em its a Big W fan, so they are oblivious...;)

I hope for your sake your dreams of big yields can be reached, but I cant help thinking, and this from a noob, remember, that you are trying to run before you've walked.

Mainlining doesn't increase yield, mainlining can increase yield. There's a difference. Mainlining can also break your branches if you are not careful or competent in what you are doing, ruining shit for ya.

Its not so black and white, mate. That grey area is what you have to watch out for. Mainlining is a proven method to increase yield if done correctly. so is topping or LST'ing em. But like anything, with experience things become easier....

You will do as you see fit, naturally, just as I will do, but there's some wise heads in this place who know their shit. Lend em your ear. It might benefit you.

Noob 2c...

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Mate you are absolutely kidding ya self if think your going to pull 4lb from that space even with every fan dangled piece of equipment you have spent a fortune on.
Also I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again that main line technique is a stupid fad training technique made up by the yanks.
I’ve seen plenty of em done on over seas forums and to even come close to getting 16oz a plant you will need massive veg times. The best I’ve seen is 12oz a plant with a 14 week veg time then ya gota flip em and ya looking at minimum 8 weeks but probably 10 that’s half a fuckin year for some buds.
It’s stupid mate but ya seem dead set on the idea so go hard.
I’ll be watching intently.

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
Want to wish you good luck with the grow, but please pipe down a bit till you are at least a few grows deep, egos are far from attractive and all the good advice being offered is being ignored from what I read. You have nice gear yes but 1 light and 1 tent will do exceptionally well to pull 1.5lb. Best of luck and kind regards, Joe

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Just google does mainlining increase yield There’s too much evidence suggesting it does then it doesn’t the only people that have suggested it doesn’t work are people from this form

When you say it works ,,,to what extent ?
deffinately isn’t going to give you double the yield as you earlier said it would .

all training when done right should give an increase of yield Compared to an untrained plant ,,,but your hopes are set way too high.

a plant will only give as much as its Genetics allow ,,,so be interesting what strain you choose to grow .

if You get a pretty plant looking like you’ve seen on YouTube it will be at the expense of extra veg time ..
so Over a period of time I you will get less harvests coz you veg too long ,,much better with more and quicker harvests from plants that have had a simpler form of training with lots less veg time ..
thats The reason why your getting opposing advice to what you want to do ,,

But it’s your plant = your choices,,,Sounds like your gonna love growing anyway ,,,,so enjoy.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Good call on the blue lab guardian, make sure you buy all the extra stuff to take care fo the probes to make em last as long as possible. One question why are you choosing not to use EC?

Ec is the base reading then it gets converted to different ppm scales depending on where you are in the world.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Good call on the blue lab guardian, make sure you buy all the extra stuff to take care fo the probes to make em last as long as possible. One question why are you choosing not to use EC?

Ec is the base reading then it gets converted to different ppm scales depending on where you are in the world.
When I first started looking up hydro I was watching a lot of videos on YouTube and they talked about ppm Even the feeding charts I’ve looked at all have ppm So That’s what I’m going with lol

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
All of this sounds great in theory but what genetics do you plan to run in there
some strains will yield a lot more than others but not 4grams per watt

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Fair enough, just know ppm from one meter could be different to another. EC is constant, they are telling you the exact same thing. You have jsut been watching a lot of american vids, are you gonna adopt inches and feet now?

Get some buffering solutions for your ph probe do that once a month.

Also note genetic variability when starting from seed in terms of yeild and training.

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Haven't grown any of bergmans stuff so can't say how good it is but with anything that has og kush in it
keep an eye out for hermies
Girl scout cookies is Og Kush x Durban Poison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom