Mushy Mayhem

Hudo

Baked
User ID
My swabs were sitting around for a while so not sure what happened but I do remember yourself saying that before.
Do you have much luck growing them out through winter?
Hopefully I can get a few tubs going with the GT's and Hillbilly's I've got on agar unless it's too cold for them
Yeah they just take a bit longer to colonise . I usually put them on a heat at inside a cardboard box to keep the temps up

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I believe once it gets a bit wetter and colder and the seasons in it's peak there is a couple of different natives on my property, maybe even 3 subspecies. They will persist into winter and even survive small amounts of settling snow!
What state you live in?

So the lucky folk in SA and VIC have a few cold weather species to look out for.
Ps Subearingnosa
Ps Tasmania ( though prob a p.sub variant)
Ps Alutacea (I had old spores of these and tried to grow but no luck)

Again I’m too late for this season but I have spore prints of some US cold wood eaters that I want to grow and get ready in summer so the patches will pop in the colder months.

Ps Cyanescens (wavy tops)
Ps Azurescens
Ps ovoidyactisa (spelling wrong here 😂)

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I
What state you live in?

So the lucky folk in SA and VIC have a few cold weather species to look out for.
Ps Subearingnosa
Ps Tasmania ( though prob a p.sub variant)
Ps Alutacea (I had old spores of these and tried to grow but no luck)

Again I’m too late for this season but I have spore prints of some US cold wood eaters that I want to grow and get ready in summer so the patches will pop in the colder months.

Ps Cyanescens (wavy tops)
Ps Azurescens
Ps ovoidyactisa (spelling wrong here 😂)
I'm in southern Tasmania

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Hillbilly. Finally got a clean transfer without it looking like somebody took a dump on the plate. Think I've nailed my agar recipe now.
IMG_20240420_101733_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20240420_101843_HDR~2.jpg
GT got some contam but just going to have to take wedges from the top.

10g Agar Agar
7.5g malt extract
1g Vegemite
0.25g Peptone
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
500ml water
9 drops food colouring

Top Bottom