Mount cotton organic collective

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
Yeah there's a mouth full hey 🤣 anyway I was on the net looking for organic food for my ladies/plants and came across this place at ok I don't know much about organic gardening but they have some good shit for sale, a lot based on that Korean fermentation method ,ipm management, frass and other goodies.they have stuff for veg and bloom stages too and they have a feeding schedule to boot ,wink wink nudge nudge 🤣🤣 and they have other cool stuff ,especially for those who know what it's all about. I've heard and read some great things about going down this road but I know bugger all. Maybe that's also why I'm putting this up here to maybe get some general advice. Oh yeah and for those who are also looking for an organic option. Anyway I've sent them a message about using there stuff ,see how that goes.☮️☮️

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

BigRobbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Yeah there's a mouth full hey 🤣 anyway I was on the net looking for organic food for my ladies/plants and came across this place at ok I don't know much about organic gardening but they have some good shit for sale, a lot based on that Korean fermentation method ,ipm management, frass and other goodies.they have stuff for veg and bloom stages too and they have a feeding schedule to boot ,wink wink nudge nudge 🤣🤣 and they have other cool stuff ,especially for those who know what it's all about. I've heard and read some great things about going down this road but I know bugger all. Maybe that's also why I'm putting this up here to maybe get some general advice. Oh yeah and for those who are also looking for an organic option. Anyway I've sent them a message about using there stuff ,see how that goes.☮️☮️
Very very interested in this! Wow also Mt Cotton brings back memories.. Back in the day when I was a young bloke and first started riding motorbikes we would ride out to Mt Cotton and pick gold tops in the paddocks beside the old school.. Have some crazy stories from the rides home after eating mushies as we picked them and having to pull over cause the white lines seemed to be diving in and out of the road like serpents 😂😂 Id pull over and lay in the grass laughing my guts out until I'd come down enough to be able to cope with reality again and kick start my bike lol Wild times back in the days when being a biker was about riding with ya brothers and mates partying having fun and chasing women...
Sorry sticky.. Sent me on a sentimental journey mate, Im all eyes and ears for these organics they have me interested!

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
Very very interested in this! Wow also Mt Cotton brings back memories.. Back in the day when I was a young bloke and first started riding motorbikes we would ride out to Mt Cotton and pick gold tops in the paddocks beside the old school.. Have some crazy stories from the rides home after eating mushies as we picked them and having to pull over cause the white lines seemed to be diving in and out of the road like serpents 😂😂 Id pull over and lay in the grass laughing my guts out until I'd come down enough to be able to cope with reality again and kick start my bike lol Wild times back in the days when being a biker was about riding with ya brothers and mates partying having fun and chasing women...
Sorry sticky.. Sent me on a sentimental journey mate, Im all eyes and ears for these organics they have me interested!
Hey no sorry needed my friend, especially with those fond memories, mushies are beautiful things ☮️ and yeah they do have some interesting stuff, I just wish my brain understood it all..ahah that's it mushies I need mushies for clarity 😊 dreaming I am..well awfully stoned..☮️🤣

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
always nice to see places like this popping up here in oz , KNF & JADAM products were both things i wanted to get into making but never quite got there , on the face of it i'd give them a go for sure

anyone looking for an alternative to bio canna boost give that pumpkin ferment a go , &/or have a play with the FFJ Fermented Fruit Juice

KNF was started by a man & JADAM started by his son , because KNF uses lots of sugar in the fermenting process alcohol is a byproduct , as you can see recommended use rates are 1ml per liter so it'll go a long way , JADAM stuff doesn't use the sugar component

anyone can make these products at home if your keen

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
always nice to see places like this popping up here in oz , KNF & JADAM products were both things i wanted to get into making but never quite got there , on the face of it i'd give them a go for sure

anyone looking for an alternative to bio canna boost give that pumpkin ferment a go , &/or have a play with the FFJ Fermented Fruit Juice

KNF was started by a man & JADAM started by his son , because KNF uses lots of sugar in the fermenting process alcohol is a byproduct , as you can see recommended use rates are 1ml per liter so it'll go a long way , JADAM stuff doesn't use the sugar component

anyone can make these products at home if your keen
Yeah the pumpkin juice definitely looks like a pk booster from what I read..I'm thinking trying out the test tube pack for a grow but I'll wait until I hear back from them.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I'll have to give it a suss as I'd rather support a local company to make up for the amount of shady shit I purchase off ebay.

On another note I remember hooting around the eastern escarpment trails 20 years ago on me KLR650. There was one fireroad on the north east side that hit 40-50% grade in a few spots and we'd always have little hill climb sessions.

That whole side of town brings back some serious nostalgia.

cromagnonman

Germinating
User ID
I remember some great parties out at Mount Cotton when I was younger, beautiful place. Has been developed a lot since, but still some nice sized properties.

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
Just in case anyone else is interested, I received a reply from them. They seem pretty open to canna conversation which makes it a bit easier..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230712_172153_Gmail~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230712_172153_Gmail~2.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 25

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
don't over use it , stick the rates given or less
Itchybro am I right in thinking that fermenting unlocks available nutrients and is primarily a fertilizer? Are there any other benefits in regard to soil microbes? People in my area are more into aerobic microbe brewing and I'm wondering the pros and cons of fermenting vs microbrewing. Granted I'm in a warm and humid area where biological processes occur quickly naturally.

Can you please explain it to me? Thanks!!!

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Just had a look at the site.
Was about to ask if this stuff replaces regular fertilisers.

Might grab some stuff for my outdoor plot this spring.
Seems very reasonably priced considering the dilution rates.

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I'm very new to KNF, so take my ideas with a heaping spoonful of organic fermented salt! Due to the very minute volume I needed last night (3L H20 with 3ml pumpkin ferment + 3ml FFJ), I simply added it to my usual organic liquid ferts. I don't know if that is a good idea, but my plants needed a boost and it's been done....

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
am I right in thinking that fermenting unlocks available nutrients and is primarily a fertilizer?
Yes nutrients become more bio-available to plants , similar to fermented food for humans

Are there any other benefits in regard to soil microbes?
yes you add to the soil microbiome , mostly in the way of facultative anaerobes , yeast , fungi , etc etc , it's my understanding they can mostly end up as food for the existing soil life

People in my area are more into aerobic microbe brewing and I'm wondering the pros and cons of fermenting vs microbrewing
in general keeping things aerobic is def a good thing , allot of the negative pathogens we see are anaerobic organisms , brewing a tea with enough oxygen is really important to keep the solution aerobic , when we talk about facultative anaerobes they can switch between living anaerobically or aerobically , you find facultative anaerobes when fermenting , i use EM-1 which are also facultative anaerobes , you can def use both even at the same time , brew a tea & when brewing is complete add EM or facultative anaerobes

Dr Elaine Ingham suggests tea brewing should mostly be used as a foliar spray while compost extracts which aren't brewed should be used as soil drench

the purpose of a tea is to multiply organisms with a food source , there is also a sticky substance that is produced that i can't think of the name of at the min but it's this substance that Dr Ingham suggests is the reason a compost tea is a foliar spray because it will stick to leaves with this substance , so i see tea brewing & fermentation as different things although your still getting plant available nutrients from the compost used & the food added to multiply organisms , both teas & ferments are beneficial imo

if you need organisms you brew a compost tea or make a compost extract , if you need nutrients make or use a ferment but either will give you a bit of both

not sure that's the best explanation but hope it helps

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
am I right in thinking that fermenting unlocks available nutrients and is primarily a fertilizer?
Yes nutrients become more bio-available to plants , similar to fermented food for humans

Are there any other benefits in regard to soil microbes?
yes you add to the soil microbiome , mostly in the way of facultative anaerobes , yeast , fungi , etc etc , it's my understanding they can mostly end up as food for the existing soil life

People in my area are more into aerobic microbe brewing and I'm wondering the pros and cons of fermenting vs microbrewing
in general keeping things aerobic is def a good thing , allot of the negative pathogens we see are anaerobic organisms , brewing a tea with enough oxygen is really important to keep the solution aerobic , when we talk about facultative anaerobes they can switch between living anaerobically or aerobically , you find facultative anaerobes when fermenting , i use EM-1 which are also facultative anaerobes , you can def use both even at the same time , brew a tea & when brewing is complete add EM or facultative anaerobes

Dr Elaine Ingham suggests tea brewing should mostly be used as a foliar spray while compost extracts which aren't brewed should be used as soil drench

the purpose of a tea is to multiply organisms with a food source , there is also a sticky substance that is produced that i can't think of the name of at the min but it's this substance that Dr Ingham suggests is the reason a compost tea is a foliar spray because it will stick to leaves with this substance , so i see tea brewing & fermentation as different things although your still getting plant available nutrients from the compost used & the food added to multiply organisms , both teas & ferments are beneficial imo

if you need organisms you brew a compost tea or make a compost extract , if you need nutrients make or use a ferment but either will give you a bit of both

not sure that's the best explanation but hope it helps
Thank you, it did :)

I think that sticky stuff is molasses.

Top Bottom