Medical cannabis patient seeking advice on a few things

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Since starting cannabis I’m down from 5 meds to 2 and one of them ( lyrica for nerve pain) I’m on half the dose I was.

I still get nerve pain, but it’s bearable.

Was on opiates for years for pancreas problems and of course got addicted, but off them now.

It’s a shame it’s so bloody expensive to go legal.

Good luck

MrMedicated

Germinating
User ID
I'm getting 'some' of mine via medical access via Cannabis Access Clinics https://caclinics.com.au/ They can do a phone consult for the application. My canna dr is in NSW. I get my meds from a Vic chemist and I'm in SA.

Yes, it's expensive BUT (and for me the biggest +) I've been able to cut my opiates back heaps. I haven't been able to eliminate them from my diet, but cutting back is good. Like FullSpectrum, I like them too much (or my body does), Forte to endone to patches and I was still getting breakthrough pain. I had to get off them, I was spiralling down. Canna helped me do this. I still take forte daily, but at nothing like max dose.

For me, I didn't get any benefit from the CBD oil. The THC oil worked but took time to work through my system. I have a brain tumour that's been operated on a few times and my mate 'Pain' has setup permanent residence in my skull. When I need pain relief I need it now, not in a couple of hours. Medical digestble oils can't give that, they take time to be processed by the liver. Inhalation can give me that 'Now' and I find I need the THC. I've got a few flowers to choose from, so I can 'mix'n'match' to my needs.
Again, for me, I don't consider medical canna flower (Bud) to be a 'painkiller', but it diverts my mind from the incessant pain. The pain's still there, it's just not front and centre of every waking thought.
Sounds like you've done it tough mate. I'm glad that the MC has helped you cut back the opiates though. I went through a mob called healing leaves. Recently I've been using Liberty Haze mainly and a bit of Sour Diesel. See what this Grapes and Cream goes like when it rocks up. . I agree with the inhalation, that's what works best for me and its pretty much instant or within 15 minutes. I think I must be lucky because it really does dial the pain off and stop the nerves from spasming for me and what remains, like in your case, is disassociated or easier to deal with, as in I can still feel it but I don't care about it as much. Cheers mate

MrMedicated

Germinating
User ID
Since starting cannabis I’m down from 5 meds to 2 and one of them ( lyrica for nerve pain) I’m on half the dose I was.

I still get nerve pain, but it’s bearable.

Was on opiates for years for pancreas problems and of course got addicted, but off them now.

It’s a shame it’s so bloody expensive to go legal.

Good luck
Yeah $740 for an ounce and a bottle of CBD oil is too expensive for me I think. I wont be spending that every month.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I reckon. No way I can afford what I’m prescribed.
Luckily I’ve harvested a year or 3 supply this season.
I think I’ll get my prescription changed from 2 types of flower plus oil to just oil with as much thc as is available and get that every so often.
Just say smoking is hurting my lungs and want oil only. At the moment I just get cbd oil which doesn’t do much for me. I think I need thc.

Hopefully soon it’s legal to grow. Meantime we just have to be criminals of the victimless kind :)

MrMedicated

Germinating
User ID
I reckon. No way I can afford what I’m prescribed.
Luckily I’ve harvested a year or 3 supply this season.
I think I’ll get my prescription changed from 2 types of flower plus oil to just oil with as much thc as is available and get that every so often.
Just say smoking is hurting my lungs and want oil only. At the moment I just get cbd oil which doesn’t do much for me. I think I need thc.

Hopefully soon it’s legal to grow. Meantime we just have to be criminals of the victimless kind :)
Totally agree mate!

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Sounds like you've done it tough mate. I'm glad that the MC has helped you cut back the opiates though. I went through a mob called healing leaves. Recently I've been using Liberty Haze mainly and a bit of Sour Diesel. See what this Grapes and Cream goes like when it rocks up. . I agree with the inhalation, that's what works best for me and its pretty much instant or within 15 minutes. I think I must be lucky because it really does dial the pain off and stop the nerves from spasming for me and what remains, like in your case, is disassociated or easier to deal with, as in I can still feel it but I don't care about it as much. Cheers mate
"Sounds like you've done it tough mate." Well, it certainly ain't been easy and not something I'd wish on my worst enemy. In a former life I use to teach people with disabilities, and as difficult as my situation is, I've worked with people in much worse situations than mine. And as selfish as it may sound sometimes I think 'Thank Christ I ain't in their situation' but knowing I so easily could be and I'm not. Gotta be thankful for that.

There is a type or level of disassociation, but be careful who you say that to. Some medicos will use that against you. Words such as 'disassociation' and statements like 'I don't care about it as much...' can be turned around and used as a sign of a lack of empathy towards self and others. Align that with any medication and they can turn it around and use it as a weapon against you.

Top Bottom