Mainlining advice.

gggrassofhome

Germinating
User ID
Morning gurus, finally got some time and have started a new grow.

Decided to have a crack at mainlining.
I have been vegging for 50 days and have just flipped to 12/12.
Broke a few branches along the way but saved most of them.

My question is, do i continue to remove side branches and just leave the tips against the mains as it stretches to get the baseball bat colas, or just defol and leave branches alone?
Growing 4x amnesia haze fast by seedsman from clones.

Appreciate any input from whether you think mainlining is worth the extra veg time and fucking around.
I was thinking it would be easier to maintain the canopy and less trimming for an old broken cunt like me.😜

Cheers all.

Attachments

• 20231024_160154.jpg
    20231024_160154.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 29
  • 20231023_165127.jpg
    20231023_165127.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
  • 20231104_210146.jpg
    20231104_210146.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 22
  • 20231104_210213.jpg
    20231104_210213.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 23

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Never done it before but I was having a read of this article the other week and it explains the technique well!
The do look cool when finished but I think for the time yield would be about the same!
Keen to see how yours go for ya but!

Bullfrog

Blooming
User ID
Morning gurus, finally got some time and have started a new grow.

Decided to have a crack at mainlining.
I have been vegging for 50 days and have just flipped to 12/12.
Broke a few branches along the way but saved most of them.

My question is, do i continue to remove side branches and just leave the tips against the mains as it stretches to get the baseball bat colas, or just defol and leave branches alone?
Growing 4x amnesia haze fast by seedsman from clones.

Appreciate any input from whether you think mainlining is worth the extra veg time and fucking around.
I was thinking it would be easier to maintain the canopy and less trimming for an old broken cunt like me.😜

Cheers all.
If you want the biggest nugz and a flat canopy you can strip it to the tip.
Otherwise you can keep everything that will get light and remove anything that wont.
ROG "rows of green" does some good mainlining examples

gggrassofhome

Germinating
User ID
Never done it before but I was having a read of this article the other week and it explains the technique well!
The do look cool when finished but I think for the time yield would be about the same!
Keen to see how yours go for ya but!

Thanks porky. Thats pretty much what i followed. Its definately slower through veg so yeah see how they go.

gggrassofhome

Germinating
User ID
If you want the biggest nugz and a flat canopy you can strip it to the tip.
Otherwise you can keep everything that will get light and remove anything that wont.
ROG "rows of green" does some good mainlining examples
Thanks bullfrog, ill suss out ROG.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I haven’t mainlined trained before but I thought it worked best from seed. Not from clones.

Reason being the equal branching from the nodes. Anyone have any knowledge regarding that?

gggrassofhome

Germinating
User ID
yep thats true but you can do a mainline with a clone its just not technically a perfect mainline. Theres also the manifold training technique which is more appropriate
Yeah ive followed the tips i could find for mainlining clones, like choosing branches with symmetrical nodes etc.
Got lucky with 3 out of the 4 clones, they grew almost perfectly where i needed to cut. The other one was a matter of training down the apically dominant branches so the lower ones could catch up
Worked well, i have 8 mostly equal branches per plant and an even canopy throughout.
Stretch is underway now.

Attachments

• 20231112_084839.jpg
    20231112_084839.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 20231112_084755.jpg
    20231112_084755.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 16

Bullfrog

Blooming
User ID
Yeah ive followed the tips i could find for mainlining clones, like choosing branches with symmetrical nodes etc.
Got lucky with 3 out of the 4 clones, they grew almost perfectly where i needed to cut. The other one was a matter of training down the apically dominant branches so the lower ones could catch up
Worked well, i have 8 mostly equal branches per plant and an even canopy throughout.
Stretch is underway now.
what lights are those ?
they look very cool

gggrassofhome

Germinating
User ID
what lights are those ?
they look very cool
They are lumatek 630w CMHs
With the tekken pro reflectors.
HiPar 3200k and 4000k lamps.
Just realised last week they have fucked my eyes pretty good over the past 3 years.
Wearing sunnies now but will need to get the eyes repaired soon.

Bullfrog

Blooming
User ID
probably whats wrong with mine. i cant read labels anymore. well i can read the front label not the back but that is by design Im sure.
"the large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - tom waits

Top Bottom