looking for opinions on using AC infinity self watering base for coco grow

Anaken Moonwalk

Vegetating
User ID
Just about to start a coco grow - 70/30 with med-tek nutes, hand watering. I'm in the situation where I will occasionally need to leave town for 2-3 days at a time during the grow and looking for ways to water/feed while away.

Very reluctant to go down the automatic feeding system/pumps etc, due to thinking this is overkill for 3 little plants in a 2x2 and I just don't like finicky shit :LOL:

I purchased three of these for my last grow but they never got used -

I'm wondering if they might offer some sort of a solution to my conundrum? Anyone use them with coco before? What do you think of wick feeding in coco? I have trawled the web for people using them and some seem to have had success.

Any alternative ideas appreciated 🙏

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Wholebunchanumbers

Germinating
User ID
No personal experience with these pots but I can't see a reason they wouldn't do what you're asking. I mean worst comes to worst maybe the ph could drift a bit in the res, but I wouldn't stress about that, can always test as you go.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
The reservoir for these is 1gal=3.79L. That's not a whole lot for a few days if in flower or summer. I think that will be your limiting factor with this option.

I see a lot of people on reddit use autopots which work on a similar principal of bottom watering, but use a float valve to replenish (which can be gravity fed).

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Make a hempy bucket.
So easy and pretty cheap too

20L bucket with no drainage holes at bottom.
PVC piping
Perlite/rocks/sand etc
Then follow instructions on how to put it all together

Running coco and nutes you can leave that setup for a week.

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Set them up like you're going away and let them coast along for 3 days. No touching, just observe. Fix any problems and try again. As long as they don't dry out, everything should be fine. Nutes and pH shouldn't drift too far in only a couple days...

Anaken Moonwalk

Vegetating
User ID
Thanks everyone for your suggestions 🙏
Will give them a go once the time comes.. fingers crossed I don't regret it.
The Hempy buckets look interesting Shroomer.. might give them a shot next time. I'm hoping to get some value for money from the self watering pot purchase this time around.
Cheers!

Top Bottom