Lighting when switching to flower

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I'm a weirdo so I always fuck around tbh but I have never done any gradual reductions. The creamsicle I've got atm were on an 18-hour photoperiod originally, went down to 15 for a while moved to 13.25 hours at flip this time as they were supposed to stretch, and they went into flower as usual. All of its not necessary at all but I have very little life so I just do it for fun. Ill probs drop down both tents to 11 soon just to save on heat as it'll get within the coming weeks. Me mate does a gradual 15-minute decrease over a few weeks and swears it works wonders, but we all have our strange little habits.

I've had a few plants flower when dropped from 18 to 14 before which was odd.

Have never really done any tapering down so far but I'll run different photoperiods all the time out of boredom. I've run autos with photos, autos at 10 hours, photos at 14 all in good fun but a lot of equatorial sativas won't like the 14 hour photoperiod at all. If you drop down gradually, you'll probably come to notice a lot of strains will transition when the lighting goes under around 13-13.5 hours.

When I was growing outdoor the plants would go into flower early-mid january when our day length was just under 14 hours, and even longer if you consider twilight.

Last edited:

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
It's always fun to mess around with photoperiod a bit, but at the end of the day though, a plain flip to 12 is all you need.

I rambled on far too long before so I thought I'd summarise.

Last edited:

Germinating
User ID
I’ve always gone for the shock and awe approach, lights out for 36hrs then straight to 12/12

Top Bottom