Juicing cannabis leaves..and getting high?

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
I was looking for ways to use any leaves I might trim off during a future grow.
I like to follow good horticultural practices esp. environments with heat and humidity to increase air flow through the plant.
I do this with my tomato plants and other veggies...it would stand to reason to apply that to canna as well...
Anyway I wanted a way to use the trimmed leaves and came across this.
I dunno why but I find this guy utterly obnoxious but the video is interesting.
Any thoughts on what is happening during the juicing process to cause this effect?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
it's on the Youtube Channel Learn Organic Gardening at GrowingYourGreens and the video is called:

How I Got High for 10 Hours on Raw Cannabis Leaves​

Youtube has decided it's part of the nanny state obviously.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I know a guy who swears by it
Always green leaf, don't have 2 be buds, just puts em in a blender and drinks
Reckon u'd have 2 develope a taste 4 it, not 4 my tastebuds
He reckons he has it at 11am and still feeling it by dinner
Fan leaves.......yuk

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
Cannabis/Hemp is a super plant. I plan on popping some regs soon. I thought about keeping the males for green juicing. I’ll do so research on it.

Yeah..they seem to think it's the citric acid from the oranges chemically decarbing the leaves and the THC being extracted by the oils in the fresh coconut flesh.
For my first ever grow I'll be popping some reg seeds that this wonderful community has blessed me with.
This would be the perfect way of using the males in a useful way rather than composting them or feeding them to the chickens.

It can't taste any worse than kale based green juice. :sick::sick::sick::sick:

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
I know a guy who swears by it
Always green leaf, don't have 2 be buds, just puts em in a blender and drinks
Reckon u'd have 2 develope a taste 4 it, not 4 my tastebuds
He reckons he has it at 11am and still feeling it by dinner
Fan leaves.......yuk

They are juicing the leaves with oranges and fresh coconut flesh and the coconut water.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Citric acid does something to psilocybin too. There’s something call lemon tek. You chop up fresh shrooms and soak them in lemon juice then gulp the lot. It’s disgusting. But it works quicker.

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
Citric acid does something to psilocybin too. There’s something call lemon tek. You chop up fresh shrooms and soak them in lemon juice then gulp the lot. It’s disgusting. But it works quicker.

I guess it also comes down to economics. Every plant has to bring value esp given the cost and limited size of the grow space.
This way males can have value to non-breeders and if you are looking for pure leaf matter.
Prime growing space can be for your sassy girls.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
most juicers get warm as they juice , i reckon the leaves were some what decarded while juicing them
converting THCa to THC in the process & making the juice psychoactive

the idea is to keep it THCa ( a = acid ) so you can consume larger amounts without it being psychoactive
OD'ing on psychoactive THC isn't a pleasant experience for most of us although you do build a tolerance
if you continue to consume large amounts of decarded THC

keep in mind THC when orally consumed converts to a compound called 11 hydroxy metabolite which is
said to be 10x stronger than smoking THC . very easy to OD on due to it having to travel through the gut
& other parts of the body before feeling the effect , anywhere from 30min to an hour or more before feeling
the any effect after eating a canna cookie or brownie

it's a mistake lots of people make , you eat one cookie , Mmmm these taste great , so you eat another & possibly
a third cookie , trouble is the first cookie hasn't made it through you system before eating the third cookie
when they start coming on , this is where you start thinking of calling for a ambulance
this is what happens when you OD 😂
😂

you might want to look up Dr William Courtney , i think he's someone who did allot of research in the area of juicing cannabis leaves
https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/dr-courtneys-raw-cannabis-juice/

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
As usual, a wealth of info Itchy
Yup, gotta be so careful when u munch on any sorta edible
Can go from lets just give this knife we stirred oil with a bit of a lick......to please God make it stop, pretty quickly
Creeps up on u and then SHABAMM........dead man walking.....[or woman] Rick Simpson doesn't discriminate

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
Aye,an experienced smoker knows when the shit is well and truly heading right for the fucking fan indeed.

I was back on the butter over xmas, couldn't be fucked making anything with it so taking it from the fridge and washing down with a beer, then I have one quick joint and get comfy and wait for it......

Defo something in the whole aspect of "nothing is happening, it's not working" mindset, then take some more and then get knocked out

Always get whacked the most when you least expect it I reckon, it's a double whammy if you take that 2nd bite......

The most high I have been in years was maybe a year ago, butter, I felt it come on like electricity, in waves, a distinct crest and a trough, mate had the same experience.

Both daily smokers, both had to go sleepy, it was on the absolute edge of anxiety for me, I'm pretty chill so anxiety is kinda fresh and new for me.

Happy new year Itchy

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
most juicers get warm as they juice , i reckon the leaves were some what decarded while juicing them
converting THCa to THC in the process & making the juice psychoactive

the idea is to keep it THCa ( a = acid ) so you can consume larger amounts without it being psychoactive
OD'ing on psychoactive THC isn't a pleasant experience for most of us although you do build a tolerance
if you continue to consume large amounts of decarded THC

keep in mind THC when orally consumed converts to a compound called 11 hydroxy metabolite which is
said to be 10x stronger than smoking THC . very easy to OD on due to it having to travel through the gut
& other parts of the body before feeling the effect , anywhere from 30min to an hour or more before feeling
the any effect after eating a canna cookie or brownie

it's a mistake lots of people make , you eat one cookie , Mmmm these taste great , so you eat another & possibly
a third cookie , trouble is the first cookie hasn't made it through you system before eating the third cookie
when they start coming on , this is where you start thinking of calling for a ambulance
this is what happens when you OD 😂
😂

you might want to look up Dr William Courtney , i think he's someone who did allot of research in the area of juicing cannabis leaves
https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/dr-courtneys-raw-cannabis-juice/
Good to see ya mate. Hope you had a good Xmas and new years!!

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
cheers bob / gents
same to you carb & porky
hope santa looked after everyone & new years eve was a cracker

ive been selling my home which has gone on way to long but looks like we're finally done
haven't been able to pop any seeds & not sure when i'll get to fill jars again , hopefully by
the 2022 summer i'll be back into it
fingers crossed the currant jars don't empty before i can fill them again :unsure:

have a great 2022 all ;)

F

freddie

I don't actually juice leaves, but put them in my nutribullet. This fine blends them into a drink, basically a green smoothie. Mix some fruit and veg in as well.
On the days I do this I notice I'm more relaxed, less pain. I never get high from it though.
Found this video from one of the Nimbin Mardi Grass talks, I am guessing. Anyway this guy advocates eating raw cannabis, for the benefits you get from CBGA. My understanding is CBGA is a precursor to the other cannabinoids, before they are converted, by heat into THC, CBD, GBG.

CBGA has recently been found to be effective against Covid as well.

SeaOfGreenKing

Germinating
User ID
It's a funny thing consuming cannabis... The science behind getting the THC to infuse with fat as a carrier is more complicated than it sounds. I've made biscuits and butter with leaf or bud many times and most of time it's was good, but there was one occasion when I changed nothing in the recipe and used the same leaf I grew but boy It messed me up! It was like having pins and needles in your arm but 5 times stronger and all over my body for around 6 hours, 3 of them I couldn't move at all... :ROFLMAO: I remember my bro finding me laying angel winged on the back lawn at around midnight, he was asking me what the fucked I was doing and to get off the lawn!... my only reply was "I can't use my legs" ✌️ I haven't tried juicing it though, so it will be on the cards for sure!

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
I wonder if freezing the trimmed leaves would have a negative impact.
Putting bags of trim in the freezer ready to juice or turn into a smoothy would be handy.
When I do my grow I want to get the maximum amount of use from the plant material I produce.
Yes, I know it's about the flowers but there's a lot of product that seems to gets wasted. <--unintended pun! But, Hey! It works!

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
It's a funny thing consuming cannabis... The science behind getting the THC to infuse with fat as a carrier is more complicated than it sounds. I've made biscuits and butter with leaf or bud many times and most of time it's was good, but there was one occasion when I changed nothing in the recipe and used the same leaf I grew but boy It messed me up! It was like having pins and needles in your arm but 5 times stronger and all over my body for around 6 hours, 3 of them I couldn't move at all... :ROFLMAO: I remember my bro finding me laying angel winged on the back lawn at around midnight, he was asking me what the fucked I was doing and to get off the lawn!... my only reply was "I can't use my legs" ✌️ I haven't tried juicing it though, so it will be on the cards for sure!

give Avocado oil a run for a good fat to infuse
& if you happen to have any grain alcohol , put it in a spray bottle & give the trim a light spray
before adding to the oil / fat , it will help the infusion be a little more efficient

the difference between enjoying & OD'ing on edibles could be decarboxylation = how much conversion from THCa to THC actually took place
stoves & ovens aren't the most consistent units , fine for cooking the sunday roast or a pot of pumpkin soup but decarbing needs a little more accuracy
not saying go & buy something better , probably just need to monitor it with an infrared thermometer a little more closely
the last study i saw from NZ on decarbing suggested 160c for 7 minutes gave maximum bang for buck conversion

I wonder if freezing the trimmed leaves would have a negative impact.
Putting bags of trim in the freezer ready to juice or turn into a smoothy would be handy.
When I do my grow I want to get the maximum amount of use from the plant material I produce.
Yes, I know it's about the flowers but there's a lot of product that seems to gets wasted. <--unintended pun! But, Hey! It works!
i think it'll be fine to freeze but i don't know of anyone or studies that have tested this
& if nothing else on the human consumption side can be done , composting the left over leaves & stems
ready for next years crop or the garden in general is a must i reckon , cannabis is like plants that are dynamic accumulators
this can be good & bad depending on what's in the soil a canna plant is growing in , did you know.........

Hemp and the Chernobyl Phytoremediation Project

For almost two decades, industrial hemp growing in the environs of the abandoned Chernobyl nuclear
power plant in Pripyat, Ukraine has been helping to reduce soil toxicity. ...
This process, known as phytoremediation, was implemented almost immediately.

Is cannabis a bio accumulator?

Cannabis, in particular, is adept at absorbing heavy metals from the soil. That's because cannabis is
a bioaccumulator or phytoremediator. This means cannabis is highly effective at absorbing and retaining
chemicals and elements like heavy metals from its environment.

F

freddie

I've never decarboxylated cannabis. I just put cannabis + olive oil into a crockpot on low for between 6 and 12 hours. It always works really well.

The first time I had edibles was a mate made a big fruit cake with all our leaf from a bush grow. All he did was saute the leaf for a few minutes, then bake in the oven. I remember thinking how incredibly intense it was, as if the leaf had become as potent as buds. Obviously cooking the cake had decarbed the cannabis.

Top Bottom