Is it worth getting a lawyer for only 4 plants

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

StewPot

Germinating
User ID
I ended up getting a lawyer for $1650 which when i rung round seemed all the same price. Ended up getting $1000 and no conviction recorded. What was the worst bit was finding out the bud was 730 grams even after i got rid of 90 grams just the night before, that's the best crop i have grown and it was only 5 plants, anything over 500 grams usually goes to a higher court but it didn't end going there as the lawyer spoke to the prosecutor and the judge about it and they all agreed to sort it out right there which was good for me.
The lawyer asked for a statement, which was given to the judge, a brief history of myself in regards to employment and family stuff so he could say something, i think to let the judge know a bit about me. He also asked for a character reference. I will get a copy of my statement and put it up in case anyone ever needs some ideas about it , even use it if you like.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
"No conviction recorded", best outcome 4 u mate
Yeah might have cost u a few bucks but now they got nothing 2 revert 2 incase happens again
Always good 2 be not on paper when employment opportunities come along(y)

allhailthebud

Germinating
User ID
No conviction recorded... That's a fkn win right there..

Sounds like things panned out well for ya mate, the moment they step it up to commercial you tend to find yourself in abit more trouble as I found out..

StewPot

Germinating
User ID
I took out my details but all the rest is what was given to the judge:

DAY & DATE

STATEMENT FOR ( your name here)

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
My name is Mr (Your name here); DOB (dates here); and I live at (YOUR ADDRESS HERE)
with my wife and two adult sons. I have been a prescribed medicinal
Cannabis patient since DATE 2020 via Cannatrek which is dispensed for me via Terry White
Chemist in its natural state for me to consume via a smoking apparatus.
I have suffered chronic pain since approximately 2008-2009 causing unrelenting suffering. I
have consumed a myriad of pharmaceutical drugs as a result, which temporarily assisted
however made me very unwell when consumed over a long period of time. In approximately
2017 medicinal Cannabis was becoming more and more prevalent and marketed as a remedy
for chronic pain with little to no side effects hence my consumption since this time. I wanted
the legal freedom to continue to consume Cannabis as my choice of medicine, which came as
a huge relief however, the affordability for medicinal Cannabis was not sustainable leaving
me to seek an alternative way to continue its use but reducing the cost. Therefore, I
undertook some research into how to grow for myself in order to make my medicine
affordable eg, approximately $500 per ounce via Cannatrek or $10 via myself.
I regret my actions and plead Guilty to all charges against me in this matter and accept full responsibility for my
actions.

Hope this helps.

StewPot

Germinating
User ID
This could be given to the duty solicitor so he can read it.

"a brief history of myself in regards to employment and family stuff so he could say something, i think to let the judge know a bit about me."

Top Bottom