Is it worth getting a lawyer for only 4 plants

StewPot

Germinating
User ID
Got raided on the 22nd, only had 4 plants and a bucked of weed (a 20lt bucket). They smashed 2 out of my 3 lights and my 6 fans and left the rest. I didn't cause any issues for them and showed them where everything was and that it was all mine, didn't want my sons to take any crap, they where all good with no bad vibes at all they didn't even search the house. Was just wondering if it was worth getting a lawyer or not, i have not had any issues in Aust with the police but not sure what too expect. Any advise would be great.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
I
Got raided on the 22nd, only had 4 plants and a bucked of weed (a 20lt bucket). They smashed 2 out of my 3 lights and my 6 fans and left the rest. I didn't cause any issues for them and showed them where everything was and that it was all mine, didn't want my sons to take any crap, they where all good with no bad vibes at all they didn't even search the house. Was just wondering if it was worth getting a lawyer or not, i have not had any issues in Aust with the police but not sure what to expect. Any advice would be great.
If it’s a first offence u will get drug diversion no conviction recorded Fkn dogs though someone must have narked on ya cause the old copper dont really care about a couple plants anymore but if someone narks on ya they have to follow up pissed anyone off lately😂👍 hard luck mate nothing worse strange they didn’t flip the house upside down just cause u know well they cunts n they can👍

StewPot

Germinating
User ID
I have always expected it to happen some time was just a bummer it was 5 days after a harvest and just before Christmas, still, got to sell a third of it before they came lol. Looks like i now have a ELGC-300-H-AB mean well driver and 2 x HLG-150H-42AB mean well drivers if anyone is interested in the DIY route.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
"if someone narks on ya they have to follow up pissed anyone off"

I'm not so sure on that , plenty of ppl report stuff to the police on all sorts of matters that are not necessarily followed up on

First thing they will do a little investigation for themselves, they can't get a warrant just because someone claimed you were growing weed they will need further evidence to get search warrant
Did you read warrant ?
Did they have a warrant or did you just let them in ?
Can you justify use for medical reasons ?

How much further evidence did you supply them by answering their questions?

Sure show them where it is , but if they ask who's it is , no comment

No comment to anything they ask

They are there to simply gather evidence and charge you , don't tell them your story NO COMMENT

At court is your chance to defend yourself, not whilst being charged then it's just more evidence

Legal advice certainly now , if you told them stuff

Good luck

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
"if someone narks on ya they have to follow up pissed anyone off"

I'm not so sure on that , plenty of ppl report stuff to the police on all sorts of matters that are not necessarily followed up on

First thing they will do a little investigation for themselves, they can't get a warrant just because someone claimed you were growing weed they will need further evidence to get search warrant
Did you read warrant ?
Did they have a warrant or did you just let them in ?
Can you justify use for medical reasons ?

How much further evidence did you supply them by answering their questions?

Sure show them where it is , but if they ask who's it is , no comment

No comment to anything they ask

They are there to simply gather evidence and charge you , don't tell them your story NO COMMENT

At court is your chance to defend yourself, not whilst being charged then it's just more evidence

Legal advice certainly now , if you told them stuff

Good luck
They don’t even need a warrant anymore Mick they can walk through your front door on probable cause these days I’ve been raided through a fuckhead that I had beef with I don’t sell or nothing so they didn’t have anything else on me? Agree with the no comment though unless ya tellin em to get fucked of course👍

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
They don’t even need a warrant anymore Mick they can walk through your front door on probable cause these days I’ve been raided through a fuckhead that I had beef with I don’t sell or nothing so they didn’t have anything else on me? Agree with the no comment though unless ya tellin em to get fucked of course👍
yeah misuse of drugs act gives them power to enter with probable cause or whatever it is

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yeah they do have a legal obligation to follow up on a narc call! They do in NSW anyway. My mates fuckwit auntie dobbed him in but he had nothing growing when they showed up with a warrant. Cops were pissed and told him they had a tip off and had to investigate!
Yes get a lawyer if ya can afford it or just go down the road of I'm very sorry and I'll never do it again. Most magistrates are pretty soft on weed these days!
Good luck!

StewPot

Germinating
User ID
I asked for the warrant at the door and they gave it to me and on it they had that it was in relation to Producing Dangerous Drugs, Possessing Dangerous Drugs and Possesing anything used in the commission of a crime...... to much to type. I told them it was all mine as some of it was my sons and didn't want him involved in it as his job would be and issue. Only showed them my bong, hard to hide sitting on the washing machine, and the 3 grow rooms in the garage. Didn't say much else, was co-operative with info only for what was in the grow rooms, my main aim was not to involve my son.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
From experience,legal aid wont help you.
So you need someone to represent you,unless your confident yourself.
If so you want to be confident at public speaking etc.
Take the medical route if possible ,ie- you've enquired into medical cannabis been told your probably eligible but you just can't afford it.
Pharma drugs don't agree with you.went that road a long time ago and lucky enough to come out with section 10.

Don't be surprised who squealed when your selling. it's always the risk you take.
Learnt that lesson a long time ago myself.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I wouldn’t worry too much as long as you’re not on paper and no intent to sell charge u be looking at 300 -400 dollar fine maybe less and a ph call with a diversion person also 3 mth good behaviour bond which means u be a good citizen 4 that time and all charges won’t be recorded
Been there and done that
No lawyer but made a bit of a tool of myself in front of judge
Can Make a difference how judge is feeling on the day also so pray 4 no hangovers
Qld law starting 2see the light 💡

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I didn't say they won't follow it up , I said they would need more evidence than a phone from a disgruntled neighbour

Nabbing somebody on the way home from scoring that names you is a totally different matter

Whether it was something in your past ?
, they've obviously been watching you for a few days , this could of been a tradies Ute or unmarked car a few doors down out of
place , maybe even visited your neighbours X missus

Either way , now you've just try get out as lightly as you can

outdoor

Germinating
User ID
I had a "friendly" neighbor decide he'd get some browny points 20 years or so ago,,,,Officer plod left me a business card which requested I visit them,,,
Officer plod :- where did it come from ?
Me:- the chook house
Officer plod :- so you knew what it was , how did it get into pots , why did you keep it ?
Me:- never look a gift horse in the mouth
Officer plod:- so you were going to use it ?
Me:- yep
Officer plod:-,,you mean you planned on ingesting it ?
Me:- Hell no ! I was planning on making some hemp rope
Officer plod :-o_O:eek::rolleyes::cautious:

Court day cost me $16

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Like @afghan bob mentioned. First offence, and those 3 charges. You could get away with a $750-1k Fine, with no conviction, if you're utilising the Courts Duty Solicitor* . That's if you were prepared to serve yourself up and get it finalised on the day.

But if you wanted to burn some dollars on proper representation, drag it out in an attempt to minimise the outcome. Then there's always that option that comes at an unknown expense.

*If you're intending to go the Duty Solicitor route. Get there a bit ahead of time before the Court session starts, and ask someone/Admin Staff who the nominated Duty Solicitor of the day is, and chase them down from there. They should do a quick summary of your case with the information you provide them (take in your charge sheet with you, if in case they don't have your charges readily available to them). Before Court starts for the day. Then once it's underway, wait until your name is called out 'n front up when it's time.

Also, it doesn't hurt tidy yourself up a bit, so you come across somewhat respectable. And surprisingly enough, some Judge's appreciate it if you bring a close family member along to sit in the gallery to show that you do in some way have support of a family/friendly network of folks. I don't fully grasp that one either. But it is what it is.

Fuckin' sucks to hear how you went down just before Christmas, @StewPot All said 'n done though. You should come out alright for First Offence in most of QLD. Especially around SEQ. In some of the Regional Redneck Country Courts, it probably wouldn't hurt to get some paid legal representation to cover your arse, just in case..

Last edited:
Top Bottom