Inquiry into the Use of Cannabis in Victoria Live stream

RabbitHoleOfNugs

Germinating
User ID
Been going for a few hours already but they were just being consulted by New Zealand's SHORE & Whariki Research Centre and the New Zealand Drug Foundation which was quite insightful. Australian Drug Law Reform Foundation is up next.

Link to schedule: https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/lsic-lc/article/4263

Link to livestream: https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/video-and-audio/live-broadcasting

I'd like to think tuning in will help show support to these foundations to continue fighting the good fight

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
This Georgie Crozier woman, I think she's the chairperson of the meeting, she keeps talking about how we should regulate 'safe levels' (potency/THC levels) of recreational cannabis however I can't figure whether she's being deliberately obtuse or just trying to corner the other people just to push her agenda.

How would they even police that though, cops walking around with THC testers? I doubt it.

RabbitHoleOfNugs

Germinating
User ID
I think it's more towards a large regulated market, Alex Wodak whom was on before made a good point behind the use of high level THC being used because it means you're not smoking as much, plus the fact medical can already be as high as 25%. It's clear that certain people are effected differently and they said more evidence and experts would be brought in to talk to heavy users for advice.
I was surprised that the last witness (Dr Karen Gelb) was only promoting the use of around 15% while at the same time supporting the edible market, clearly she's never had a second brownie to soon after the first.

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
I think it's more towards a large regulated market, Alex Wodak whom was on before made a good point behind the use of high level THC being used because it means you're not smoking as much, plus the fact medical can already be as high as 25%. It's clear that certain people are effected differently and they said more evidence and experts would be brought in to talk to heavy users for advice.
I was surprised that the last witness (Dr Karen Gelb) was only promoting the use of around 15% while at the same time supporting the edible market, clearly she's never had a second brownie to soon after the first.
I came in about 30 minutes after your post so I only heard about 15 minutes of what Dr Alex said but I was impressed. He seemed to know a lot about the subject and was very rational. The other guy with the beard seemed knowledgeable too but I was cooking lunch at the time so I don't know what his name was.

RabbitHoleOfNugs

Germinating
User ID
I came in about 30 minutes after your post so I only heard about 15 minutes of what Dr Alex said but I was impressed. He seemed to know a lot about the subject and was very rational. The other guy with the beard seemed knowledgeable too but I was cooking lunch at the time so I don't know what his name was.
He's been all about drug reform for many different substances, over 2 decades of study, dude really knows his facts which was a great way to finish up the inquiry. In the end the committee seemed really happy with everything that was said from all parties, hopefully they present it to pariment in away those old coots can understand "other drug bad, black market bad, stop wasting time and tax money policing peoples freedom" unfortunately in the end it all comes down to money, not public health.
Bet if they ban tobacco lobbyists they'd legalize bud the next day just to keep they're pockets full

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
unfortunately in the end it all comes down to money, not public health.
True, but also politicians fear polarising their voter base. They may be "public servants" but If there's one they care about first, it is getting re-elected.

Edit: And I'm talking about them as individuals, not as a party. A lot of them seem very self-absorbed.

RabbitHoleOfNugs

Germinating
User ID
Alex did make a solid point that since the last national drug survey in 2019, the vote to have it fully legalized has gone upto 41% while the vote to keep prohibition is down to 36%. This is the first time we've had the popular vote and when labor is back to running this country like it should, they'll see the bigger picture pretty quickly, maybe teach cops not to weigh 91kgs of dirt+product

vostok

Blooming
User ID
270px-UKUSA_Map.svg.png

so how does the 5 eyes.org keep the world save from crazy drug fucks when the 'leader' leagalizers weed? ....lolol
I'm sure Portugal has leagalized every drug and still no drug crazed druggies steal the nukes ...lol

once again the squeaky wheel gets the oil ...

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
270px-UKUSA_Map.svg.png

so how does the 5 eyes.org keep the world save from crazy drug fucks when the 'leader' leagalizers weed? ....lolol
I'm sure Portugal has leagalized every drug and still no drug crazed druggies steal the nukes ...lol

once again the squeaky wheel gets the oil ...
Shhhh dont need to point that out!

Top Bottom