Indoor light cycle minimum to stay in veg

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Ok. I put light from 14 light to 13 light hours
The three small plants I hope aren’t ready to flower and won’t at that schedule.

The larger sour diesel ( clone that wouldn’t die) I guess has a good chance of flowering
I was going to make seeds from her but if that happens I won’t. I’ll just leave and get a few buds.

We shall see. Thanks to this forum I have seeds to experiment a bit.

would be good to have a few plants a foot tall at the same time as id usually be popping seeds and grow some monsters.
We can all dream.
Another option. Bunnings sell small plastic 'glasshouses" about 2 feet tall. Perfect for starting seedlings outside in September. Plants will outgrown it by October, when you can expose the plants to the elements, and they will veg through to February, as long as they receive full sun all day.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I remember years ago, some people I knew would say, put seed ion FATHERS DAY, harvest MOTHERS DAY.
so (start of) September- May.

The harvest is of course never going to be good going by a set date, but I guess we didn't know so much back then about different strains, or any other factors that might delay or speed up when a plant is ready (Im talking decades ago "knowledge")

THEN more recently I have been told by a bloke who grows over here and has for decades, to plant on AFL grand final or thereabouts, not sure if that date changes every year (I don't care for sport) but google tells me thats end of September/ start of October.

I don't need to worry about frosts, and temps don't get overly cold.

looking at last years diary of sorts, I had plants vegging at the end of October in the ground,

But..... I reckon I can go earlier, or at least try.
Thanks @itchybro for the advice regarding civil twilight (I couldn't find the answer to that anywhere).

So in stages, and Im typing here mainly for myself, my memory is bad (I blame lyrica)

Start of September pop seeds in grow box under 13hrs on.

Start of October put them outside but leave in posts for a week or two- if they go into flower, Ill try and keep them in flower for a small early harvest if they don't Ill put in the ground.

mid September pop a few more to go outside mid October, strain differences aside, by then with civil twilight (minus some) It will be over 12 hours daylight.

IF the first lot flowered, start of October I'll pop some more, to go outside end of October like last season.

sooooo Ill hope the first lot work.
then ill hope for 2nd, all else fails Ill have the 3rd.

All 3 fail, well... theres always November ;)

anyways...

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Another option. Bunnings sell small plastic 'glasshouses" about 2 feet tall. Perfect for starting seedlings outside in September. Plants will outgrown it by October, when you can expose the plants to the elements, and they will veg through to February, as long as they receive full sun all day.
And yeah I think Ill invest in something like this regardless.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Are you growing any new strains for the up coming season?

I had one of them small plastic greenhouses started about 20 seeds in it one year was going well untill something ate all my seedlings. I now start everything end of September inside then plant out early October.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Hah yeah. All new. So I have no idea what they will be like.

I’ll be doing some sativa this time which I haven’t for a few years.

But if starting early doesn’t work I don’t actually need big or lots of plants. One reasonable one would do me for a year of smoke. But more is always handy for various reasons like hash and giving away.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Hah yeah. All new. So I have no idea what they will be like.

I’ll be doing some sativa this time which I haven’t for a few years.

But if starting early doesn’t work I don’t actually need big or lots of plants. One reasonable one would do me for a year of smoke. But more is always handy for various reasons like hash and giving away.
Fucking sativas 🤣

Hope your a patient man, the pure sativas I’ve grown fuck me it’s a long season just started to head up when everything else was just about finished. At least your in a good climate for them they will be monsters if you plant them out early.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Fucking sativas 🤣

Hope your a patient man, the pure sativas I’ve grown fuck me it’s a long season just started to head up when everything else was just about finished. At least your in a good climate for them they will be monsters if you plant them out early.

I am. Actually everyone says that to me haha

When I was young we only ever grew sativa. In fact the only book I ever saw about growing never mentioned Indica and I’d never heard if it. This is many years ago.

I remember as a teenager seeing a what I now know to be Indica. Just one once a friend grew from a seed he most likely stole from his mother. Or from a foil.

Never saw one again until 5 or whatever years ago when I started being interested again.

You know we used actually laugh at some of the posters or tshirts or whatever
( usually a Rasta flag ) with a big Indica looking leaf silhouette because we thought it didn’t look like weed at all.

Top Bottom