HYGEN cornucopia cocoGROW & cocoBLOOM 1PART

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Anyone used these before?20240525_092347.jpg20240525_092240.jpg
Ive never used nutrients before and didnt really know what to get, plus cant afford top end products. Will this stuff be ok? Do i feed it to my plants everyday? Stupid/basic questions for most people i know but any advice would be appreciated.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
Anyone used these before?View attachment 48305View attachment 48306
Ive never used nutrients before and didnt really know what to get, plus cant afford top end products. Will this stuff be ok? Do i feed it to my plants everyday? Stupid/basic questions for most people i know but any advice would be appreciated.
Yep should be fine. Shouldn't need to add extra cal and mag either.
Think most feed every watering but I think some do feed/water/feed.

benn0

Baked
User ID
seen great results with these on insta, even thinking of giving it a shot myself, support australian business as well and all that

Dubbski

Vegetating
User ID
Yeah mate you'll want to feed it every time you water it and you want to water it regularly, every couple days to keep the coco moist and every 7 - 10 days I'll make sure I water with a good amount of run-off, prevent that salt building up.

I always keep an eye on the ppm and ph going in.
You'd find the recommended ml/L on the bottle will be quite strong, lite on the feed and your bottles last longer, and the plants are happy too.

On ebay you can find both of those testing pens, P.H and PPM. the cheap side you could get both for $20-$30 and they go up to a few hundred.

Calibration 7.0 fluid is good to have on hand for the ph pen.

Those couple of tools, they really help to make coco smooth sailing....

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Yeah mate you'll want to feed it every time you water it and you want to water it regularly, every couple days to keep the coco moist and every 7 - 10 days I'll make sure I water with a good amount of run-off, prevent that salt building up.

I always keep an eye on the ppm and ph going in.
You'd find the recommended ml/L on the bottle will be quite strong, lite on the feed and your bottles last longer, and the plants are happy too.

On ebay you can find both of those testing pens, P.H and PPM. the cheap side you could get both for $20-$30 and they go up to a few hundred.

Calibration 7.0 fluid is good to have on hand for the ph pen.

Those couple of tools, they really help to make coco smooth sailing....
Thanks for the help bro, ive been giving my ladies 400ml to drink every morning for about a week now because i noticed this osmacote coco potting mix dries out way quicker than the crap mix i used on my first grow. Be ordering PH + TDS pens this week @Goonie Goat had a link for some the othwr day.

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Yep should be fine. Shouldn't need to add extra cal and mag either.
Think most feed every watering but I think some do feed/water/feed.
ok cool. Have u used those PH + TDS pens from ebay that u posted in the "cheap shit online" thread at all? Thinking of getting some. More error than trial lately but im slowly learning afew things. (smoking less might help) cheers for the advice bro.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I feed my coco daily. I treat it like hydro have a res and a 1050 pump that comes on for 1 min a day (run to waste)with 11 4mm lines that put out about 750ml each. If I don't have 11 plants I cycle the left over lines back to the res to maintain the 750ml. When using less lines the output increases.

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
ok cool. Have u used those PH + TDS pens from ebay that u posted in the "cheap shit online" thread at all? Thinking of getting some. More error than trial lately but im slowly learning afew things. (smoking less might help) cheers for the advice bro.
Yep just get a few of them and calibrate them all and just interchange them every now and then to compare the readings just to make sure they are in the same range. Make sure you put the lids back on and don't bother drying them after use, I find they keep longer that way

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Yep just get a few of them and calibrate them all and just interchange them every now and then to compare the readings just to make sure they are in the same range. Make sure you put the lids back on and don't bother drying them after use, I find they keep longer that way
I used them for years If you get the ones with the calibration screw on the side and a bottle of calibration liquid (it's about 9 bucks) you just dip it in and if it reads what ph your liquid is (it's usually 4 or 7) your good if not turn the screw until it stops on whatever number liquid you have

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
I used them for years If you get the ones with the calibration screw on the side and a bottle of calibration liquid (it's about 9 bucks) you just dip it in and if it reads what ph your liquid is (it's usually 4 or 7) your good if not turn the screw until it stops on whatever number liquid you have
Yep I have 2 of those and 2 of the auto calibrate ones, I get a quicker reading on the auto ones but have been using the screw one lately.
all have lasted over a year this time but had other ones shit themselves pretty quickly which is also why I bought a few of them. Pretty good for the price though

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Yep I have 2 of those and 2 of the auto calibrate ones, I get a quicker reading on the auto ones but have been using the screw one lately.
all have lasted over a year this time but had other ones shit themselves pretty quickly which is also why I bought a few of them. Pretty good for the price though
Yeah especially when you get stoned and clumsy and drop them a few times. Doesn't hurt as much as dropping a 120 $ one

Top Bottom