How do i get rid of THRIPS.

possum

Germinating
User ID
G,Day Everyone. I have a dose of Thrips. I have checked out a lot of sprays in bunnings etc. I don`t know which is the best to use. Some of these say they might cause plant damage ! Some of the sprays i have looked at are , Yates Natures Way, Natra Soap pest spray, Yates Maverik Gun, Rich Grow Beat-a-bug, and Eco Neem, and there are more. Or, does anyone know how to make a home made spray. I am growing under lights . The plants are Auto`s and they are 5 weeks old and doing well, until the thrips turned up. I need some Guidance fella`s. Thanks. Possum.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
G,Day Everyone. I have a dose of Thrips. I have checked out a lot of sprays in bunnings etc. I don`t know which is the best to use. Some of these say they might cause plant damage ! Some of the sprays i have looked at are , Yates Natures Way, Natra Soap pest spray, Yates Maverik Gun, Rich Grow Beat-a-bug, and Eco Neem, and there are more. Or, does anyone know how to make a home made spray. I am growing under lights . The plants are Auto`s and they are 5 weeks old and doing well, until the thrips turned up. I need some Guidance fella`s. Thanks. Possum.
You in veg or flower?

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
neem oil or rosemary oil or both together
use saponins , you get them from using aloe vera or soap nuts , they will also help to emulsify the pura oil into water
adding potassium silicate will also help emulsify but it will also help strengthen the plant against sucking or chewing bugs

don't spray oils with lights on or under direct sunlight

possum

Germinating
User ID
G,Day itchybro, The only place i can get Neem Oil is on the internet, or purchase a product locally which has Neem Oil in it. I have never heard of Soap Nuts, Potassium Silicate, i would have to get on the internet. I could probably put your mixture together at a later date. I have this Thrip problem now and i have to deal with it as soon as possible ! So, your recommendations on a product i could purchase locally would be much appreciated. One product i can purchase locally is Yates, Natures way vegie and herb spray. Do you, or anybody else have any experience with using this product to control Thrips on Cannabis ? Or, could anyone recommend another product that i can readily purchase in say, Mitre 10 , Bunnings, that i could use ? I live a long way from a grow shop, so i am stuck with the above retailers for now. Also, when spraying the plants i understand that you don`t spray them under the lights or in the sun. So what is the process when you are growing under lights ? Do you remove the plants from the grow room, spray them, then what ? how long do you leave them after spraying before putting them back under the lights ? How do you Blokes do it ? Thanks for your help......Possum.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
hey poss
you spray just b4 lights out & because your in veg it won't matter if you leave the tent open to light or leave a room light on longer to finish spraying

bunnings have eco neem which is not a neem oil but an extract from neem , the active ingredient in the bottle extracted from neem oil is called azadirachtin
the eco neem product already has an emulsifier in it so follow bottle directions & add to water & your ready to go

imo your better off with neem oil than just the extract & your also better off using aloe or soap nuts to emulsify any oils , i say this because plants don't like being sprayed with a pesticide but they do like being sprayed with aloe vera or soap nuts , these items will increase your plant health where as a pesticide will decrease your plants health
of cause i understand the need to kill bugs but why not do it as positively as possible

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
aloe or soap nuts have saponins in them , saponin is a soapy type compound , if you look up soap nuts you'll find you can use them to make a solution to wash cloths because of this soapy type compound , if you look up saponins you should find they are used on there own as a pest spray without any oils

aloe or a soap nut solution will not burn your plants & in fact will benefit your plants health , I'd also suggest the healthier your plants the more likely they are to be less susceptible to pest attack

using dish washing soap from under the kitchen sink is definitely easier

Top Bottom