Hoku Seeds review

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
These guys have a really great selection of Type II and III's - as well as Type I. But they focus more on CBD and other novel cannabinoids. I was really keen on this sort of stuff and their prices and selection was the best I could see. Floyd was really helpful and seems like a decent person.

I had two orders, first one no worries. Second got inspected by US customs and removed the seeds, but a reship via a different carrier came through no worries.

Definitely they are worth a look if you're into this sort of thing

I've yet to grow any of them out - but essentially built a lifetime supply of medicine in the making. Hoku sell flower to their local buyers so there is feedback about on their strains and also from growers. When I get to popping any of them I'll update with info

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Wholebunchanumbers

Germinating
User ID
Grew out their Cherry Bern (cbd dom) and circles f2(cbg dom). Plants were easy growing. Cherry bern went jet black at the ass end. Forget which plant it was but I remember one had this awesome fresh tropical IPA/fruit juice aroma. Easy ordering and the dude Floyd was cool. Would also recommend.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Grew out their Cherry Bern (cbd dom) and circles f2(cbg dom). Plants were easy growing. Cherry bern went jet black at the ass end. Forget which plant it was but I remember one had this awesome fresh tropical IPA/fruit juice aroma. Easy ordering and the dude Floyd was cool. Would also recommend.
What did you think of the CBG plant? I didn't end up ordering any CBG stuff, but still curious. I was on the fence about bothering. Kinda interested to see what more comes from breeding for it since it still seems early days compared to CBD

interesting been keen to try some cbd 1:1 or cbd dom strains, I think they are much unappreciated for some reason
Yeah man, I highly rate 1:1 stuff. Even just having some CBD on hand to mix at your own ratio is great. Totally changed my experience and view. I got it via medical after trying it OS. Now this is my main focus. There's some really cool breeders in this space, in particular in the US/CA

Wholebunchanumbers

Germinating
User ID
What did you think of the CBG plant? I didn't end up ordering any CBG stuff, but still curious. I was on the fence about bothering. Kinda interested to see what more comes from breeding for it since it still seems early days compared to CBD
Plant itself was fine, nothing out of the ordinary grow wise. Decent aromas and flavour. The effects weren't amazing on their own, maybe a little wiry, maybe a little chill, tbh it didn't stand out enough for me to remember. No idea bout stability so maybe I got a shitty pheno effects wise, or maybe my cannabis receptors aren't receptive to it. Got like ~30 as a freebie for buying the cherry bern so no love lost on that

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
On instagram, Hoku put up a post on their latest seed drop. Oh man, some cool crosses coming out. Really up my alley. I'll have to cool my jets and wait before I order again - I've got too much seed on hand to justify for now :ROFLMAO:

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
These guys have some really interesting looking stuff. Am I understanding their info correctly? Do they have a lots of 25 for $25, $50 for 50, etc seed packs? As in, $1 seeds? In the age of $20 seeds, I'm a bit shocked! If they do, I'm going give them a go!

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
These guys have some really interesting looking stuff. Am I understanding their info correctly? Do they have a lots of 25 for $25, $50 for 50, etc seed packs? As in, $1 seeds? In the age of $20 seeds, I'm a bit shocked! If they do, I'm going give them a go!
Yeah they are very affordable compared to the fancier breeders. From their FAQ:

WHY ARE YOUR SEEDS AND PRODUCTS SO AFFORDABLE?​

The main reason we can keep our prices low is that we run a very lean operation. We don’t have a bunch of employees, we operate our farm on our personal property, and we do everything ourselves. By keeping our operational costs low, we are able to pass the savings onto our customers.

As a seed company, all of our focus and effort goes into creating new and unique cultivars. In the process, we produce a lot of flower and bi-product from our pheno-hunts, test runs, and seed runs. Rather than sell it off as biomass, we offer our flower and formulate small batches of products in-house and make them available to all of you. It should be noted that our Flower is the result of our breeding efforts and thus is mixed phenotypes, often mixed chemotype, and may include seeds. Nevertheless, it is grown with intention and an appreciation for organic practices and will always priced accordingly.

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I found that FAQ last night. I want to support them for having a damn good attitude! I'm not one to complain about seed prices, but who doesn't like a good deal? Also, I won't feel as bad if Customs steals them, if they were cheap to start with....

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I gave it a go. We've got Dirt Foot (25), Egg Ball (25), and Ol' Drippy (25) on the way. That $125 USD for 75x seeds with a T-shirt, including delivery. That's about $2.50 AUD a seed and you can't complain about that!

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I found that FAQ last night. I want to support them for having a damn good attitude! I'm not one to complain about seed prices, but who doesn't like a good deal? Also, I won't feel as bad if Customs steals them, if they were cheap to start with....
Floyd said he guarantees all orders. My second order got intercepted by US customs and he resent the order no worries.
I gave it a go. We've got Dirt Foot (25), Egg Ball (25), and Ol' Drippy (25) on the way. That $125 USD for 75x seeds with a T-shirt, including delivery. That's about $2.50 AUD a seed and you can't complain about that!
Yeah sweet dude! I ordered Dirty Foot recently also. Definitely a good deal for the seeds and a tshirt. The tshirts are pretty decent quality too. I agree that they seem to be good people trying to do a good thing. When you've got the recent news of Beleaf and others being shitbags, it's nice to support seemingly good operators.

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
My order was also a success. Took about a week to ship and another to arrive. DHL international and a local courier in TAS. No Customs issues at all. I ordered all fem Type I (THC) seeds and received 10x freebies of the same type. I'm pleased with that and they sound like good stuff (Bible Fruit). The stealth is nothing special, but it works. It would pass a quick visual inspection, if it had occurred.

I'd order again from this crew. And on top of all that, very good value!

Top Bottom