Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Hey beginner here any help would be awesome.

Just wondering what is going on with these seedlings? What have I done wrong? First set of true leaves shriveled just about dead.

View attachment 38753View attachment 38754
Over fed and too wet.
hope it comes good for you,,but your better off germing another one or two seeds.
those little round leaves (cotledons) are a bit like an egg embryo
that will feed the seedling for about a week ,I usually start feeding an EC of .6 about day four after the seed pops up .
If you don’t have an EC meter give it about 1/5 of full strength nutrients ,,the bottles always recommend using too much

Ruben_Redd

Germinating
User ID
Over fed and too wet.
hope it comes good for you,,but your better off germing another one or two seeds.
those little round leaves (cotledons) are a bit like an egg embryo
that will feed the seedling for about a week ,I usually start feeding an EC of .6 about day four after the seed pops up .
If you don’t have an EC meter give it about 1/5 of full strength nutrients ,,the bottles always recommend using too much
Ok what's an EC?

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
The Electrial Conductivity ,,
Some use ppm ,,Parts Per Million .
will give you the strength of the nutrients you mix up.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I also like bottom watering. Sit the pots of coco in a saucer of water and let it wick up. The roots will grow down looking for water but won’t be drowning at the top of the pot.
Yeah I agree, can be a great way of supplying nutrients and moisture levels

Just pay attention, if the water is still in the dish you put too much , alternatively if it soaks it to quick, add more

Feeling the weight of the pot can be a great indicator of weight when watered or when dry

Top Bottom