HELP - My Mars FC4800 is making a high pitched squeal

HurdyGurdy

Germinating
User ID
It's making a really weid high ptiched squeal. I think its from the control gear but the thing is if i try to record the sound i can't record it? out of the phone frequency maybe?

so strange and its just out of warranty, mars stopped responding after i told them the purchase date

has anhyone had any similar issues with these light?

any reccomendations? do you think its a fire risk?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
It's making a really weid high ptiched squeal. I think its from the control gear but the thing is if i try to record the sound i can't record it? out of the phone frequency maybe?

so strange and its just out of warranty, mars stopped responding after i told them the purchase date

has anhyone had any similar issues with these light?

any reccomendations? do you think its a fire risk?
Control gear is driver?

HurdyGurdy

Germinating
User ID
Control gear is driver?
yes i think so maybe i used wrong terms? its seems to come from the box that the plug wire goes into. its really high pitched like a ringing in the ear type sound

i cant tell if its hotter than normal. i dont think it is but the light never done this before

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Sounds like the driver, pretty sure mars use cheaper quality drivers so it may just be normal for them or not I'm not too sure. My meanwell drivers for my LED don't make high pitched noises run at max or dimmed.

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
yes i think so maybe i used wrong terms? its seems to come from the box that the plug wire goes into. its really high pitched like a ringing in the ear type sound

i cant tell if its hotter than normal. i dont think it is but the light never done this before
Could be a problem! I would be looking to buy another driver,or take it to someone that can test it,and at least tell you if it’s safe. Grow houses burn down,even little ones sometimes.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Plenty of dissatisfied customers running Mars or SF gear. They appear to produce the goods reasonably well, when they're working. However, primary complaint, not just with Aus punters, is their lack of after sales service if anything goes wrong. Drivers are quiet, so yes, there's a problem with yours. Maybe offer to buy a replacement driver from Mars, at a reduced rate.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Maybe i've overlooked it. But has the brand and model of the Driver been mentioned yet? From there, we can then research further.

Dotts did make a reasonable suggestion, even though it sucks as much as it does. 😄

R3za92

Baked
User ID
If im not mistaken they originally used meanwell drivers but have changed them out for a cheaper driver. Although I haven't really kept up with mars recently.

Na they used “meanwell” drivers in the sense they used knockoff meanwell’ to start with and than switched to even cheaper no name ones later on to further cut costs.

Remember someone posting a few of their “meanwell” drivers on riu and they all had identical serial numbers.

HurdyGurdy

Germinating
User ID
Ok thats enough advice for me to take it out of that tent and put bcak the 600w for a bit

gonna be fooking hot until i save up for a replacement but a fire yeah i dont wanna go there. i have an extract fan but normal temps gonna go higher now

many thanks for the wisdom guys

im gonna save for lumatek

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
Ok thats enough advice for me to take it out of that tent and put bcak the 600w for a bit

gonna be fooking hot until i save up for a replacement but a fire yeah i dont wanna go there. i have an extract fan but normal temps gonna go higher now

many thanks for the wisdom guys

im gonna save for lumatek
Just buy a new driver

Stiritup420

Vegetating
User ID
I understand that Mars, Spiderfarmer, Bloom Plus and possibly others are all made out of the same factory and i have had some bad experience with Spiderfarmer and they are not very helpful if there is a problem. Meanwell drivers and Samsung diodes but made very poorly and the dimmer/control units are likely to fail. I have bought 3 Bloom Plus lights and while they do not have the higher end driver and diodes but they have worked great for years and never let me down.

I have just purchased Mars some FCE3000 FCE4800 and FCE8000's. Got a good discount so its worth checking them out.. They have a Marshydro driver which scares me. They did have Moso drivers originally but were swapped for inhouse to save money... I have learnt that if you buy them on ebay you are covered and they will look after you only until the time that you have left feedback or can no longer do so.. Then they become difficult and are reluctant to take a hit for the warranty.. Time will tell if the components last but to be honest i have done a lot of research and not found a whole lot of complaints.. I suggest you see if you can fit a new driver, being out of warranty i am sure they won't deal with it but you might be able to purchase one from them.. It's a Chinese factory/Company so if your product did last the warranty you have done ok with it.. I will be verry happy if mine last the 5 year warranty they give it.

HurdyGurdy

Germinating
User ID
Just buy a new driver
inititally i did think this would be a good idea but since its out of warranty i'm just subbing my trusty old hps until i have the dosh for a lumatek

the main reason is that suppose the light itself caused the problem with the control box then it could also spoil a replacemewnt one

so just to have that feeling of safety and be covered again by a warranty im going to buy new.

HurdyGurdy

Germinating
User ID
I understand that Mars, Spiderfarmer, Bloom Plus and possibly others are all made out of the same factory and i have had some bad experience with Spiderfarmer and they are not very helpful if there is a problem. Meanwell drivers and Samsung diodes but made very poorly and the dimmer/control units are likely to fail. I have bought 3 Bloom Plus lights and while they do not have the higher end driver and diodes but they have worked great for years and never let me down.

I have just purchased Mars some FCE3000 FCE4800 and FCE8000's. Got a good discount so its worth checking them out.. They have a Marshydro driver which scares me. They did have Moso drivers originally but were swapped for inhouse to save money... I have learnt that if you buy them on ebay you are covered and they will look after you only until the time that you have left feedback or can no longer do so.. Then they become difficult and are reluctant to take a hit for the warranty.. Time will tell if the components last but to be honest i have done a lot of research and not found a whole lot of complaints.. I suggest you see if you can fit a new driver, being out of warranty i am sure they won't deal with it but you might be able to purchase one from them.. It's a Chinese factory/Company so if your product did last the warranty you have done ok with it.. I will be verry happy if mine last the 5 year warranty they give it.
i got maybe a dozen harvest with it before this noises

Stiritup420

Vegetating
User ID
i got maybe a dozen harvest with it before this noise
That's not too bad considering what they are and the price. You get what you pay for. I hope i get at least 12 harvests. If you are lucky and have no problems they can work quite well.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

The 1 company makes Mars, spider garbage, Vpier shit, kingbrite and a few other pieces of shit!!
They try very hard to make people think they are all individual companies but they aren't!!
I wouldn't put anything made by them in my house!!

Top Bottom