Help I f*cked up

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
Thanks seeded, I have been pH adjusting everything to 5.8 so far going in but have not checked runoff. It was pre buffered Coco but I will check that next feed. Do you find ph will rise or fall in Coco?

I actually have done ok in the past just following the feed chart and watering to 10/20% runoff every few days.
i was trying be be a bit to conservative this time around with the feeding, and thought the must not be drinking because I drowned them but good to know they can handle a bit more, the new growth all looks good so fingers crossed they bounce back

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Hey seeded. , imo some of the points you have made here are a bit off

Firstly , runoff is important every feed , not every 6 weeks

The nominal pH isn't 6.3 it ranges from 5.8 to 6.1

6.1 is the sweet spot for coco

I'm not going to go into a big sprawl like yourself , no need

Not worry about ec , well I don't believe that's true either , just half feed ? Now that's not true either

EC going in affects PH of the medium, knowing what levels you are feeding allows you to make adjustments up and down
All you have done is confuss ppl , fuck me by the end of it I was confused

This quote doesn't make sense , no way in the world would you adjust with a pH of 8

He reason this happens to you is because you probably don't worry about your ec or run off , allowing your medium to become toxic

It's this low because the EC of the medium is probably well over 2 .0 , simply because of the build up of unused nutrients , hence the low pH levels

Sorry but this is not what to do ,

"late grow as the ph can drop wildly in the coco and if you test it and it's say 4.5ph instead of wasting nutes and therefor money give it a jug of nutes that have been ph'd to say 8 and then resume 6.3 as this will greatly help bounce it back up.

That's rubbish

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Hey seeded. , imo some of the points you have made here are a bit off

Firstly , runoff is important every feed , not every 6 weeks

The nominal pH isn't 6.3 it ranges from 5.8 to 6.1

6.1 is the sweet spot for coco

I'm not going to go into a big sprawl like yourself , no need

Not worry about ec , well I don't believe that's true either , just half feed ? Now that's not true either

EC going in affects PH of the medium, knowing what levels you are feeding allows you to make adjustments up and down
All you have done is confuss ppl , fuck me by the end of it I was confused

This quote doesn't make sense , no way in the world would you adjust with a pH of 8

He reason this happens to you is because you probably don't worry about your ec or run off , allowing your medium to become toxic

It's this low because the EC of the medium is probably well over 2 .0 , simply because of the build up of unused nutrients , hence the low pH levels

Sorry but this is not what to do ,

"late grow as the ph can drop wildly in the coco and if you test it and it's say 4.5ph instead of wasting nutes and therefor money give it a jug of nutes that have been ph'd to say 8 and then resume 6.3 as this will greatly help bounce it back up.

That's rubbish
Spot on mate
that seems like a whole lot of what not to do in coco imo

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
Ok so the important thing here is we have identified that my issue was mainly under feeding, I do monitor EC and from what I understand measuring EC in and out is the only true way to dial in feeding so I will be doing that.
I have also done a bit of reading myself and it would seem anything from 5.8 to 6.3 is possible but I will aim for around 6 and monitor runoff, if it's rising I will start low.
I have also had seen mentioned that the cyco brand Coco can be buffered a bit high so that may be contributing to pH issues (if I have any)
Watering seems like the consensus is every 1 or 2 days with runoff every time. I'm sure there are other methods but sounds good to me, although with my large pots I may stretch that to 3 until they start drinking more.
Last night I gave them a good feed with .8 EC ph5.8 bites and they are happy today so all good.

Cheech

Vegetating
User ID
Im still learning the caper but I'd think you should be feeding A and B grow nutrient mix daily to run off at about 0.4-0.6 EC and at 5.8pH

I think they look hungry. Coco has nothing to sustain plants after they use up their reserve in the seed.

Pretty sure its nothing to do with your lights
Hello mate.
Don't know much about hydro .but with ginger in coir they feed three times daily to run off with 10% runoff ..great results always.see Galuku.

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
Update:
I have feed twice now at .8 EC 5.8 pH and everything is responding well.
Runoff measures at 6.2-6.3 pH and EC of 6-7 for the 4 healthy ones, 6.4 and 6.6ph, .7 and 1 ec for the struggling green crack, not sure why the EC is so high in one but it seems to be making sense now.
I think my medium was initially buffered high and as they have always been in bigger pots (they started in 1l) I did not flush the buffer out as quickly as the others causing major lockout.
Lesson for the other newbies is buffer your Coco first and don't be afraid to start the bites once they have a few roots and that first set of leaves

Reactions: Jaz
Top Bottom