Has anyone got or heard of CRxSunny LED lights?

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I'm eyeing off a couple 800w versions of these to go in a 4x8 if I get the chance :LOL:

They come with Invertronics drivers

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I've seen Inverstronics on a few lights - haven't looked into them but yeah probably just as good. I went with Meanwell from previous experience and exposure. I don't know the technicals of either to judge which is better.

I am fairly sure Kingbrite is legit for Samsung diodes. Their Alibaba page says official partner https://kingbriteled.en.alibaba.com/
And Migro has reviewed a few of their lights and rated them highly. I've not checked the ones I've bought to be certain. I can say that the bar I got recent with Cree LEDs does seem different than the Osram LEDs for red... but that's just looking at them.

So yeah, if the CRx ones are using Samsung diodes and Invertronics drivers, they are probably decent. Though the LM301B's aren't the best - the latest LM301H Evo ones seem to be good efficiency. But it's kind of fighting at the margins and for a good price isn't worth haggling over. If it suits the space and budget, rock it
That's good to hear, I may get some of those Evo quantum boards or bars from them at some point. Cheers for the info

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I'm eyeing off a couple 800w versions of these to go in a 4x8 if I get the chance :LOL:

They come with Invertronics drivers

That thing looks like a tank, not a bad price either !!

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Do you think the Kingbrites have genuine Samsung diodes?
they use Samsung but not the higher Bin ones like HLG and others do they work fine but that's why they don't perform aswell as the more expensive lights. That's how they fool you yes they technically are the same diodes but also not at the same time

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I found this Australian seller who has a page with some good info on selecting the right Mean Well driver for your LED set up:

And how to wire things up:

They also advertised on the ICMAG forum with a discount code for 10% off. They do a combo of pre-built and DIY options. Based in Perth:

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I found this Australian seller who has a page with some good info
I rang him about 18 months back to ask some questions about his boards and heat sink requirements etc and he said if you don't know what your doing just buy a light mate . There goes my business I'm not giving my money to you. And if your on a budget this guys not for you

Rabbitlicker

Germinating
User ID
Yes, they're a bit expensive, but I can't fault the customer service.

I bought a plug & play unit from them a couple of years ago. A year later, one of the boards blew. I contacted them (just before Xmas) & was told "Yes, it's a known fault with a particular batch of boards". He offered to courier me out a new board & talk me through the DIY replacement when it arrived.

I wasn't confident with DIY, so he arranged a courier to pick-up my whole light, replaced both boards & couriered it back to me. Door to door turnaround was a couple of weeks (bear in mind it was Xmas/New Year). He even extended the warranty for a year, since I now had brand new boards.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I rang him about 18 months back to ask some questions about his boards and heat sink requirements etc and he said if you don't know what your doing just buy a light mate . There goes my business I'm not giving my money to you. And if your on a budget this guys not for you
To be fair, as a local retailer I don't think that is necessarily bad advice. He is probably covering his back. But I get your annoyance.

Yes, they're a bit expensive, but I can't fault the customer service.
That's very impressive. Good to hear they sorted you out so well. They are more expensive, but liked some of their designs and options. The main thing I thought relevant was their how to pages given some of the questions raised here - ie how to select and diver and to wire in series or parallel.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
To be fair, as a local retailer I don't think that is necessarily bad advice. He is probably covering his back. But I get your
He seemed to turn nasty after I questioned the difference between his boards and cutters using the same chips.

Last edited:

Rabbitlicker

Germinating
User ID
In all fairness, man, take a step back for a second...

Local suppliers are competing with a shitload of cheaper stuff coming out of China.

GLA uses a local builder (LED Teknik, based in Lilydale Vic.). There's two Aussie businesses collaborating together to provide an Australian-made product. I'm prepared to support that, even 'though it may be a bit more expensive.

Like I said before, I was very happy with the customer service I got from an Aussie company.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
In all fairness, man, take a step back for a second...

Local suppliers are competing with a shitload of cheaper stuff coming out of China.

GLA uses a local builder (LED Teknik, based in Lilydale Vic.). There's two Aussie businesses collaborating together to provide an Australian-made product. I'm prepared to support that, even 'though it may be a bit more expensive.

Like I said before, I was very happy with the customer service I got from an Aussie company.
Yeah good call mate. I've heard nothing but good stuff about their service and quality!!
No way a Chinese garbage supplier would of done that for you.
Fuck I've seen multiple Chinese companies say wire ya own lights after a fault because of their garbage components.
When my HLGs finally die ill be seriously considering some GLAs!!

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Cutter Electronics is also an aussie they build all their stuff in MELBOURNE themselves that's why they can do it cheaper . Cutter will also custom blend a board for you if you want to add all the UV's reds blues etc. They also have a wider range of products to play with. Strips, boards, cobs, Drivers, also the led brand range is better ,cree, Samsung, bridgelux, nichia etc. They also have a live online chat in working hours you can ask questions if your having problems

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Cutter Electronics is also an aussie they build all their stuff in MELBOURNE themselves that's why they can do it cheaper . Cutter will also custom blend a board for you if you want to add all the UV's reds blues etc. They also have a wider range of products to play with. Strips, boards, cobs, Drivers, also the led brand range is better ,cree, Samsung, bridgelux, nichia etc. They also have a live online chat in working hours you can ask questions if your having problems
Afaik GLA have there own custom diodes made by LEDteknik alongside the nichia on there newer boards. Also it's all driven from the same driver, not something common for UV. Also can get them in IP rated forms now.

I'm still using the original grow lights australia boards to great success!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Well why did ya bother contacting GLA then? šŸ¤”šŸ¤£
Any Aussie company is better than the Chinese shit!!

Top Bottom