Has anyone got or heard of CRxSunny LED lights?

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Was looking at the CrxSunny G3000 full spectrum LED light on eBay and wondered if anybody in the TSE community has one, have used one before or heard/knows anything about them? 35626A7B-8998-4401-8621-4C3E73A7D545.jpeg78926AD7-0C7E-42CA-8B43-101583873500.pngE87A8178-3C1D-4CD1-A5D7-9C39CED3F13B.jpegThey are made in china and are cheaper than the same or similar lights from other big brands but they pretty much have the same internal components and the specs look good. Hopefully them being mass produced by child slave labour in china is the reason they’re less expensive, not poor quality…?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Yep I'm using their ts600 equivalent. Very impressed so far, no dead diodes (have 3 of them 1 being on 24/7 for about 4 months at 50% and the other on a 12/12 timer at 100% for a few months for flower) and the dual spectrum is just great considering the price, exactly the same as a mars/spiderfarmer/Vipa but way cheaper. What's the dimensions of the space you plan on using it for?

Last edited:

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Main questions are - what brand is the driver, what brand are the diodes and what is the spectrum?

I'm all for buying direct from PRC, and have bought from Kingbright a few times. Can't fault them thus far. Not sure how they'd compare on price, but they do come with Meanwell drivers (assume authentic) and generally provide test results for spectrum

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Yep I'm using their ts600 equivalent. Very impressed so far, no dead diodes (have 3 of them 1 being on 24/7 for about 4 months at 50% and the other on a 12/12 timer at 100% for a few months for flower) and the dual spectrum is just great considering the price, exactly the same as a mars/spiderfarmer/Vipa but way cheaper. What's the dimensions of the space you plan on using it for?
Awesome cheers bro that’s what I wanted to hear lol they sound like they’re going well. Yeah the dual spectrum the UV +IR should be good most of the more expensive ones don’t have them all. I’m thinking of using it in a small old laundry room where I had my ts-600. About 750 x 900mm

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Awesome cheers bro that’s what I wanted to hear lol they sound like they’re going well. Yeah the dual spectrum the UV +IR should be good most of the more expensive ones don’t have them all. I’m thinking of using it in a small old laundry room where I had my ts-600. About 750 x 900mm
I wouldn't chase IR/UV. From what I've seen reported recently, these don't provide massive improvements. I'd also be concerned that these chips mean you lose out more important power in the PAR range. If you have switches to turn them on/off independently, that would be useful as you definitely don't need them during veg period and are a waste of power.

I think IR/UV inclusion on LED lights at the moment is still a bit of bro-science and being pushed by the light manufacturers rather than being something worth chasing for growth improvements. There are so many factors that go into growing, and we are all chasing those things which give us an edge, but don't think IR/UV is one to bother with, in particular when starting out.

At the end of the day - buy whichever light you think suits your needs and budget. It might be worth checking out some discussion from Bruce Bugbee as he is at the forefront of this science and provides useful info. Also Migrow put out a lot of good info about lights.

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
I wouldn't chase IR/UV. From what I've seen reported recently, these don't provide massive improvements. I'd also be concerned that these chips mean you lose out more important power in the PAR range. If you have switches to turn them on/off independently, that would be useful as you definitely don't need them during veg period and are a waste of power.

I think IR/UV inclusion on LED lights at the moment is still a bit of bro-science and being pushed by the light manufacturers rather than being something worth chasing for growth improvements. There are so many factors that go into growing, and we are all chasing those things which give us an edge, but don't think IR/UV is one to bother with, in particular when starting out.

At the end of the day - buy whichever light you think suits your needs and budget. It might be worth checking out some discussion from Bruce Bugbee as he is at the forefront of this science and provides useful info. Also Migrow put out a lot of good info about lights.
Cheers Ed I’ll have to read up some more on the subject. At $230 I might just try it and see how it goes.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Cheers Ed I’ll have to read up some more on the subject. At $230 I might just try it and see how it goes.
No worries dude - not trying to be a pain in your backside, just wanting you to get off to a good start. A lot of gear aimed at us is kinda predatory and suspect. There is so much crap coming out of PRC and a lot of it very misleading. There is gold to be found, but it does take a bit of effort to wade through.

$230 is bloody cheap. Is that with freight?

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
No worries dude - not trying to be a pain in your backside, just wanting you to get off to a good start. A lot of gear aimed at us is kinda predatory and suspect. There is so much crap coming out of PRC and a lot of it very misleading. There is gold to be found, but it does take a bit of effort to wade through.

$230 is bloody cheap. Is that with freight?
Yeah I appreciate ur input bro the more information I can get the the better. I’ve been comparing different lights for days lol starting see them when I close my eyes. I think it’s free shipping from that eBay seller

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
The spectrum is perfect for weed and while I agree with IR being pretty useless for indoors, the near UV and 660nm reds are very beneficial for flowering, there's only a few IR diodes anyway so it won't make the plants stretch heaps in flower.

In most cases I would agree that Chinese cheap gear is rubbish but the distributor is already setup here so that makes warranty claims easy. They have great reviews on eBay and shipping was fast from their Sydney warehouse and great packaging without 'GROW LIGHT' printed everywhere on it 🤣.

Here's some pics to get an idea on the amount of near UV / 750nm reds are used and the 1 plant that's purely for seedsIMG_20240316_101203.jpg
Draws about 103W from the wall
IMG_20240316_101247.jpg
Flower spectrum, 4 rows of 660nm reds and look closely in the middle you'll see 2 far red 750nm diodes, and the 2 near UV.
IMG_20240316_101320.jpg
Veg spectrum is just the 3000k 5000k mix with 2 near UV diodes. Good amount of blue in the spectrum that keeps plants shorter in veg
IMG_20240316_101125.jpg
The seeded plant under it in a 3L pot of Coco. Think it's around week 5 or 6 supposed to be a 10 week or so finisher.

Last edited:

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
The spectrum is perfect for weed and while I agree with IR being pretty useless for indoors, the near UV and 660nm reds are very beneficial for flowering, there's only a few IR diodes anyway so it won't make the plants stretch heaps in flower.

In most cases I would agree that Chinese cheap gear is rubbish but the distributor is already setup here so that makes warranty claims easy. They have great reviews on eBay and shipping was fast from their Sydney warehouse and great packaging without 'GROW LIGHT' printed everywhere on it 🤣.

Here's some pics to get an idea on the amount of near UV / 750nm reds are used and the 1 plant that's purely for seedsView attachment 45888
Draws about 103W from the wall
View attachment 45889
Flower spectrum, 4 rows of 660nm reds and look closely in the middle you'll see 2 far red 750nm diodes, and the 2 near UV.
View attachment 45890
Veg spectrum is just the 3000k 5000k mix with 2 near UV diodes. Good amount of blue in the spectrum that keeps plants shorter in veg
View attachment 45891
The seeded plant under it in a 3L pot of Coco. Think it's around week 5 or 6 supposed to be a 10 week or so finisher.
Thanks for all the info and pics, I ordered the G3000 and it should be here in the next week or so. I’m terrible at deciding so that helped heaps bro

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Thanks for all the info and pics, I ordered the G3000 and it should be here in the next week or so. I’m terrible at deciding so that helped heaps bro
No worries 😊, hopefully you get some good coverage, Hopefully you have no dramas with it! I have a feeling they will up their prices after the next restock too, glad I stocked up on a few of them.

Rabbitlicker

Germinating
User ID
OK, I'm gonna chime-in here & ask for some similar advice from those folks that understand all the jargon regarding lights, since it really does my head-in to understand it all.

I've got a GLA unit that I use for flowering in my 1.2x1.2 & it does a sterling job, but don't want to use all that power & space just for a couple of plants to make seeds. I already have a couple of other dodgy Viparspectra lights that I bought on-spec before they lifted their game in the past few years,

I'm after a small(ish) dimmable LED light that I can use for veg & then potentially flower 1-2 plants in a 3x3 tent.

I found this one after reading this thread that seems up to the task, but would welcome some input:

Your considered advice without bending me over & making me squeal like a stuck pig would be welcome.

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
OK, I'm gonna chime-in here & ask for some similar advice from those folks that understand all the jargon regarding lights, since it really does my head-in to understand it all.

I've got a GLA unit that I use for flowering in my 1.2x1.2 & it does a sterling job, but don't want to use all that power & space just for a couple of plants to make seeds. I already have a couple of other dodgy Viparspectra lights that I bought on-spec before they lifted their game in the past few years,

I'm after a small(ish) dimmable LED light that I can use for veg & then potentially flower 1-2 plants in a 3x3 tent.

I found this one after reading this thread that seems up to the task, but would welcome some input:

Your considered advice without bending me over & making me squeal like a stuck pig would be welcome.
I can't see the listing on eBay? My TS1000 is doing a good job on the 1 plant in a 2x2 space, got it raised a bit higher than what I'd normally have it at but its still making some nice buds. I'd give it a go for sure. They are perfect little lights for raising seedlings and clones too. Can't see the specs but 200w seems pretty good for what you plan on using it for. I'd just run them in smallish pots

Rabbitlicker

Germinating
User ID
Now, Goonie, this is the kinda shit I was hoping to avoid! Yacarn't!

OK, OK, so I took the bait.....

I'll just order the one I already found & then complain bitterly about your advice when it either blows up or causes birth defects in remote Northern Canada.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
How mechanically minded are you? I build all my lights for 250 you can build a light that will eat that thing. All solderless connectors these days they just plug into wago connectors. If you can build the frame your good. You tube has a heap of different styles you can build and if you use meanwell drivers and good connectors your sweet

Last edited:

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
How mechanically minded are you? I build all my lights for 250 you can build a light that will eat that thing. All solderless connectors these days they just plug into wago connectors. If you can build the frame your good. You tube has a heap of different styles you can build and if you use meanwell drivers and good connectors your sweet
Where do you get your LEDs from? I've thought about going full DIY. I've got a semi DIY setup with some Kingbright bars and drivers I bought. I've started to buy my own Meanwell drivers via Mouser/DigiKey to ensure authentic and fast ship/free.

Frame wise I use some 2020 aluminium extrusion. It's good stuff, use it for 3D printer frames and such. Also acts as a heatsink

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Where do you get your LEDs from? I've thought about going full DIY. I've got a semi DIY setup with some Kingbright bars and drivers I bought. I've started to buy my own Meanwell drivers via Mouser/DigiKey to ensure authentic and fast ship/free.

Frame wise I use some 2020 aluminium extrusion. It's good stuff, use it for 3D printer frames and such. Also acts as a heatsink
Cutter electronics the best value boards are there 404 boards cheapest ones are 64 bucks and have 404 diodes on them here's the link 4 boards will do a 4x4 nicely. The beauty of these boards is they are 24v

Last edited:
Top Bottom