Has anyone bought from greenfinger?

Faaska

Germinating
User ID
They have deals for grow kits,”1000w” lights,4 inch carbon filters and fans for a 1.2mx1.2m tent. This is all for 330 Greenfinger kits
I directly contacted multiple grow kit suppliers from china and the average price per unit was ≈550 and for the really shit ones it’s ≈150 when you buy like 1000 of em wtf is going on and has anyone used these fucking fire hazards.

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I've got a 5x5 greenfingers tent. It's alright for the price I guess. Just taped over the pinholes with silver flashing tape and it has served me well. As for fans / lights probably just the same as that vivosun brand

Faaska

Germinating
User ID
I've got a 5x5 greenfingers tent. It's alright for the price I guess. Just taped over the pinholes with silver flashing tape and it has served me well. As for fans / lights probably just the same as that vivosun brand
I’m looking into it and I think I found their supplier they buy these shits for 40 bucks how tf are we getting charged so much

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Yeah they would mark them up heaps, this tent feels way thinner than my mars tent too I think I paid around $120 for the greenfingers 3 or 4 years ago. I bet their lights have really cheap drivers too could probably source the same drivers and leds and make it for 1/3rd of the price you'd pay for them

Faaska

Germinating
User ID
Yeah they would mark them up heaps, this tent feels way thinner than my mars tent too I think I paid around $120 for the greenfingers 3 or 4 years ago. I bet their lights have really cheap drivers too could probably source the same drivers and leds and make it for 1/3rd of the price you'd pay for them
I gotta ask are their carbon filters any good? Found good Samsung leds for 160 and thinking about just getting the tent and filter from Greenfinger source.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
You could always put a carbon filter off until a month or two from now when you have some plants that may smell.. help split the up front costs..

personally, id go. Cheap as shit tent. Cheap extraction fan. not cheap light.
Then, when needed, cheap carbon filter.

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
You could always put a carbon filter off until a month or two from now when you have some plants that may smell.. help split the up front costs..

personally, id go. Cheap as shit tent. Cheap extraction fan. not cheap light.
Then, when needed, cheap carbon filter.
I'll tell the missus this.
She wants a tent in the shed lol.

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I gotta ask are their carbon filters any good? Found good Samsung leds for 160 and thinking about just getting the tent and filter from Greenfinger source.
I have no clue I just buy no name cheap ones off eBay, the 6 inch ones last a few grows but this time around I bought an 8 inch filter and jammed a 6 inch reducer on it for my 6 inch ducting and inline fan, less resistance on the fan might get more runs out of the bigger filter. What light are you planning on buying?

Pikey

Baked
User ID
They have deals for grow kits,”1000w” lights,4 inch carbon filters and fans for a 1.2mx1.2m tent. This is all for 330 Greenfinger kits
I directly contacted multiple grow kit suppliers from china and the average price per unit was ≈550 and for the really shit ones it’s ≈150 when you buy like 1000 of em wtf is going on and has anyone used these fucking fire hazards.

As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for", and that is very true in this case.

The blurple light in that link is a piece of shit and almost 10 years out of date. I honestly can't believe they are still trying to flog them off.

The fan is way under powered and not meant for this purpose. They are inline booster fans and won't have the power to sufficiently exchange enough air, let alone through a carbon filter.

The tent I can't speak on as I have never bought one (nor would I), but from what I've seen they are of a pretty low quality and I am not a fan of the plastic corner joiners either. For not a lot more $s there are much better options out there.

Anyway, just my opinion, do with it what you will 🤷‍♂️.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
My recommendations for a budget 4x4 setup would be :

ViparSpectra Light(s)
MarsHydro/VIVOSUN/FireFarmer Tent
BLAUBERG 6" Inline Exhaust Fan
Generic Carbon Filter

(y)

benn0

Baked
User ID
actually think ive got a greenfingers tent and its great, big bulky zips that are heavily stitched, if not it must be something else i brought from them

Faaska

Germinating
User ID
I was thinking of buying a spider farmer or these Samsung leds I found on alibaba they look real good quality and they’re suppliers for some decent brands. Also the green fingers tent has the same manufacturer as vivosun so they’re pretty much interchangeable.

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Mu
actually think ive got a greenfingers tent and its great, big bulky zips that are heavily stitched, if not it must be something else i brought from them
Must be thinking of the "GREENROOTS" one

I find it's actually unbelievable quality for the price of $54 delivered. SBS zips and the canvas feels a lot more sturdy than my taller no namer. Unfortunately only looks like they sell rectangular size options for this brand.

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I was thinking of buying a spider farmer or these Samsung leds I found on alibaba they look real good quality and they’re suppliers for some decent brands. Also the green fingers tent has the same manufacturer as vivosun so they’re pretty much interchangeable.
Careful with Alibaba lights, they could be using fake Samsung diodes. The Kingbrite lights on there used to be cheap but not sure about now though. eBay has Phlizon 640w bar lights ~$550 with Samsung C grade diodes. I'd probably just save a bit more for a mars or viparspectra they have better spectrums for weed, more balanced, I'd also buy it locally for warranty reasons, last thing you need is for your light to shit itself and having to ship it back to China

benn0

Baked
User ID
Mu

Must be thinking of the "GREENROOTS" one

I find it's actually unbelievable quality for the price of $54 delivered. SBS zips and the canvas feels a lot more sturdy than my taller no namer. Unfortunately only looks like they sell rectangular size options for this brand.
Actually I think youre right lol

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yea packaging is obvious as shit as mellow mentioned so keep that in mind if you do order from them. I've got quite a few greenfingers tents and a light from them. Picked em up dirt cheap off Kogan. A few minor pinholes in one but they go in a closet anyways.

Tbh Ive had worse from Seahawk and hydro experts so for the $55 I paid for the 90x50s and the $85 for the 120x60x210s I'm happy.

The 90x50s have been used nearly non stop for three years with no Rips or serious pinholes. Zippers still fine. All in all pretty average enclosures. One had non UV protective paint and the green paint on the uprights is now a washed out blue/teal.

I'd avoid the kits through as the blurples are pretty inefficient these days. Current setup is a green fingers 90x50 with a green fingers 300w quantum board (281b diodes, all this fancy app shit which isn't worth a dime). Nice light but it is a bit overdriven at 300w/588 diodes hence it staying around 150-225w max. I picked up the light for $165, the tent for $55 and the fan/filter for $90 off Kogan.
IMG_20240206_090339.jpg

Faaska

Germinating
User ID
Yea packaging is obvious as shit as mellow mentioned so keep that in mind if you do order from them. I've got quite a few greenfingers tents and a light from them. Picked em up dirt cheap off Kogan. A few minor pinholes in one but they go in a closet anyways.

Tbh Ive had worse from Seahawk and hydro experts so for the $55 I paid for the 90x50s and the $85 for the 120x60x210s I'm happy.

The 90x50s have been used nearly non stop for three years with no Rips or serious pinholes. Zippers still fine. All in all pretty average enclosures. One had non UV protective paint and the green paint on the uprights is now a washed out blue/teal.

I'd avoid the kits through as the blurples are pretty inefficient these days. Current setup is a green fingers 90x50 with a green fingers 300w quantum board (281b diodes, all this fancy app shit which isn't worth a dime). Nice light but it is a bit overdriven at 300w/588 diodes hence it staying around 150-225w max. I picked up the light for $165, the tent for $55 and the fan/filter for $90 off Kogan.
View attachment 44465
Fucking hell you got a good deal signing up to kogan right now

Top Bottom