GTR seeds

Anaken Moonwalk

Vegetating
User ID
Curious if anyone has had luck with GTR seeds? Anyone run any of their strains? Their seedless genetics look super interesting.. Prices are on the steeper side though and I've recently had a $200+ seed order from Attitude get swiped so feeling a little trigger shy.. :sneaky:
Cheers

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Curious if anyone has had luck with GTR seeds? Anyone run any of their strains? Their seedless genetics look super interesting.. Prices are on the steeper side though and I've recently had a $200+ seed order from Attitude get swiped so feeling a little trigger shy.. :sneaky:
Cheers
Hey mate, I did two orders with them late last year. Both came via DHL no worries - no stealth at all either, in breeder packs and all.

Definitely expensive. I found they were generous when ordering x10, less so with x5. I picked up a ranger of their triploid strains and giving a couple a go now - but might be a while before I finish them.

Definitely not white label. They do some very cool inhouse work. As to how much it improves their strains I can't fully say. They're seemingly well respected in the US with commercial growers etc.

Anaken Moonwalk

Vegetating
User ID
Thanks muchly ED (y) very helpful!
Would love to know what you think of them when they're further along.. Figured they would have to be doing some pretty careful breeding to stabilise triploid genetics, which might mean their regular stuff is worth buying. But what would I know 😅

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Thanks muchly ED (y) very helpful!
Would love to know what you think of them when they're further along.. Figured they would have to be doing some pretty careful breeding to stabilise triploid genetics, which might mean their regular stuff is worth buying. But what would I know 😅
From what I understand of most of their range is - they have a set of standard diploid strains they've worked on. Most of these are CBD based since GTR is a public front for OregonCBD. But they do have plenty of Type I strains - such as their Trainwreck, GSC, Durban Poison crosses, which are hybridised with some special in house strain they have. So the triploids are the main strain that is treated with colchacine to become a tetraploid, and then crossed with the diploid to create the triploid... yeah. So I guess the benefit is hybrid vigor and the benefits of increased ploidy - which is said to be increased resin and flower density. It also often assists with diseases resistance and their selling point - harder to pollinate etc

They do have a bunch of info online and videos if you search either GTR or OregonCBD

I was keen on them mostly for their CBD range anyhow and that's what I stocked up on. I did grab some of the above mentioned F1's but wont run them for a while. I'm focusing on Type II and III now

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Awesome ED, you've done your research, thanks for sharing (y)
No worries at all - I only recently got confident to start shopping around. Found it all fairly easy in the end. Should have done it years ago. Can now ditch the stash of rando seed that kept me going over the years

Top Bottom