Growth Vs Big Bills

Do the benefits of running 24 hour light cycle outweigh the added cost to your electricity bill?

• Fuck yeh

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Fuck all

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Fuck knows

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
To throw another idea in here, I've found that my recent organic soil grown plants seem to prefer lower light intensity than when I did various hydro methods. In soil, I seem to hit light burn at lower intensities. I haven't heard this discussed before, so I'm not sure if hydro can handle more light or it could simply be the strains I've used. I'm promiscuous and grow new strains each time, so it could be a coincidence.
just my opinion but i reckon your talking about plant metabolism , increase in light intensity along with spectrum you get from using LED's requires your soil to work harder to keep up with plant requirements
larger volumes of soil helps but the life in the soil needs to be thriving which also would require soil moisture to be on point

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
just my opinion but i reckon your talking about plant metabolism , increase in light intensity along with spectrum you get from using LED's requires your soil to work harder to keep up with plant requirements
larger volumes of soil helps but the life in the soil needs to be thriving which also would require soil moisture to be on point

This is something I've contemplated. Maybe my lights are powerful enough that the plants are using up the nutrient stores faster than I'm replenishing the nutes. The nutes have become my limiting factor. My potassium deficiency this cycle hints that direction. I've been upping my organic inputs lately with happy plants showing results.

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
What ?

No I think the answer to your question is that the plants are photo period , so the plants have developmental responses to light and dark periods
What do you mean no?

It's the exact reason why we ramp up intensity in the flower stage, to achieve the dli within the shorter 12 hour period.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
You just explained why I got some bleaching this round mostly on the bio side not the living soil and none last round with the hempys

Top Bottom