Gonna make some seeds

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
I had my first try at feming recently with Godfather and Coloidal silver...
Also tried Northen light at same time but it was harder to get pollen out of..
Got a fair amount of pollen outta the GF but bugger all seeds even though I was rubbing it all over other girls...
Trying again this grow... hoping I can make it work cus....... fuck cuntstoms...!!

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Correct. Fem seeds work better for my situation, no interest in regs.
A couple of questions you asked that weren’t answered,,,,

the size of the plant for reversal,,,your better off putting it on 12/12 at atleast the 8th node,,can be done with a younger plant but far less pollen sacks to harvest,,,and you will have to harvest the pollen manually,,,don’t expect it to drop like a male does.

the first time I used CS I wasn’t aware that I needed to harvest the pollen ,,I thought I failed and left the plant in the pot to die ,,
a mate came around weeks later and broke the main cola and pollen fluffed out of it,,btw that plant went about 9 wks of 12/12.

you will get better amount of pollen if you time it’s reversal and flick to 12/12 at about five weeks before flicking the pollen receiver,,,some strains can be much slower than others.

As for harvesting the seeds ,,you mentioned sore wrists ,,
and I think you also said you only need enough for you and your mates,,
pick a nice branch or two to pollinate,,mark them with something ,,I use twist wire with plastic attached that can be written on ,
when the plant is chopped keep those branches seperate , dry them,,and I mean brittle dry ,,,then it’s only a small amount of bud to crush for the seed,just like making a mix without scissors or grinder,,
or get your mate to seperate the seeds.
small branch could give you 60 to hundreds of seeds,,size dependant.

good luck

Pixie

Baked
User ID
When I chopped my fem plants last time I found about half a dozen seeds a couple were nice brown colour but the rest were pretty pale. Would these seeds be fem seeds and ok to use.

Reactions: pug

3combs

Germinating
User ID
When I chopped my fem plants last time I found about half a dozen seeds a couple were nice brown colour but the rest were pretty pale. Would these seeds be fem seeds and ok to use.
If no male pollen got to them, definitely female seed.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
No good to use Porky you reckon. The plants didn't look like hermie plants like no male parts or anything like that. They were ILGM seeds.
One plant would have had a Nana or more ,,and you didn’t notice ..So hermi it is.

pug

Vegetating
User ID
strange timing pixie ... as i was ripping up some old buds the other day and just before going into the grinder, one seed popped out - a little beauty.:) it was the only one from the plant and has gone into a special section of my seed jar. i have to admit that i get a little excited when i receive a gift seed from a canna plant.

no logic behind it, but i only keep seeds from plants when there are only one or two of them. mind you ... if my seed jar gets low, i'll keep nearly anything.

on the flip side ... i've only had one plant go fully hermie before (it was from a feminised seed ... not sure if that makes any difference) and i had my selection from about a 1000 fucking seeds. i didn't save one of those buggers.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Either fem or hermi but you won’t get a male ..
edit,, unless it was from regular seeds.

puggle6

Baked
User ID
Either fem or hermi but you won’t get a male ..
edit,, unless it was from regular seeds.
Not exactly true Sedge, a seed from Rodelization off a female plant 'should' also be a female seed, although if it also carries a hermie trait it could still hermie given the right stressors, even if it didn't before Rodelization occured...

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Not exactly true Sedge, a seed from Rodelization off a female plant 'should' also be a female seed, although if it also carries a hermie trait it could still hermie given the right stressors, even if it didn't before Rodelization occured...
Yep but I doubt pixies plant was left in long enough to start rodelization,,

puggle6

Baked
User ID
Yep but I doubt pixies plant was left in long enough to start rodelization,,
Not every plant deliberately let go in order to get a few seeds will actually do it either, you would need a pretty large sample of plants to reliably get some natural fems and even then the lead up to stress and eliminate potential hermies, isolate desirable phenos and push those selections to the stage you get some late selfed seeds is a huge amount of work with a huge number of issues in between that would need to be fully understood. Not saying it doesn't happen because it does but with a lot of unanswered questions when you get a random bean in your sinsemilla bud lol

Pixie

Baked
User ID
Not every plant deliberately let go in order to get a few seeds will actually do it either, you would need a pretty large sample of plants to reliably get some natural fems and even then the lead up to stress and eliminate potential hermies, isolate desirable phenos and push those selections to the stage you get some late selfed seeds is a huge amount of work with a huge number of issues in between that would need to be fully understood. Not saying it doesn't happen because it does but with a lot of unanswered questions when you get a random bean in your sinsemilla bud lol
One had half a dozen seeds and the other one had none. Was going to use them but might not now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I had a GGAllin plant produce 2 seeds. It was harvested at right time, so wasn't at senescence stage to start rodelization. No obvious nannas. I planted both seeds, and they were both female and the 2 phenos didn't produce any seeds. I dunno, but if I only got 6 seeds from an entire indoor plant, and no sign of nannas, I'd at least pop two seeds if the mother was worthy. How many seeds is too many to be considered Hermie? 2,4,6,8?

Top Bottom