Gonna make some seeds

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yes possibly, but they will all be female. The female can only pass on XX when self pollenating.
True but like others said the hermie will be a recesive trait!!
It may not show but it might and seed an entire grow!
My mate @Michael J Foxtail has run seeds he got from a hermie a fair while back and grow out heaps of plants from it and never had a hermie yet.
So @Pixie could grow em and maybe not get a hermie but it's in there no matter what!!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I had a GGAllin plant produce 2 seeds. It was harvested at right time, so wasn't at senescence stage to start rodelization. No obvious nannas. I planted both seeds, and they were both female and the 2 phenos didn't produce any seeds. I dunno, but if I only got 6 seeds from an entire indoor plant, and no sign of nannas, I'd at least pop two seeds if the mother was worthy. How many seeds is too many to be considered Hermie? 2,4,6,8?
Any seeds from a sterile grow room you haven’t pollinated is a hermi. It’s easy to miss a single nanna. As for if people want to pop herm produced seed that’s up to them

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
I had a GGAllin plant produce 2 seeds. It was harvested at right time, so wasn't at senescence stage to start rodelization. No obvious nannas. I planted both seeds, and they were both female and the 2 phenos didn't produce any seeds. I dunno, but if I only got 6 seeds from an entire indoor plant, and no sign of nannas, I'd at least pop two seeds if the mother was worthy. How many seeds is too many to be considered Hermie? 2,4,6,8?
i had the exact same experience with exact same regular strain , i also decided to germinate them , results were , no seeds found in the plants grown but interestingly enough only one was a female the other a male , never grew it out of cause but did wait until i was totally sure it was a male b4 culling it

3combs

Germinating
User ID
True but like others said the hermie will be a recesive trait!!
It may not show but it might and seed an entire grow!
My mate @Michael J Foxtail has run seeds he got from a hermie a fair while back and grow out heaps of plants from it and never had a hermie yet.
So @Pixie could grow em and maybe not get a hermie but it's in there no matter what!!
Yes, it might pass on a stress reverse recessive trait to the female seed, but that wasn't his question bro. The question was will all the seed be female. Yes it will. Male seed is only made with a Y chromosome.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Yes, it might pass on a stress reverse recessive trait to the female seed, but that wasn't his question bro. The question was will all the seed be female. Yes it will. Male seed is only made with a Y chromosome.
Not true , the majority will be female but males are still possible

I know this from many yrs getting seeds this way , never had any hermies but got a few males

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

I know this from many yrs getting seeds this way , never had any hermies but got a few males
I'll go with Mic on this one!!

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID

It is true ..to get a male you need the Y chromosome.

if you reckon you don’t need the “Y” to get a male then you better let all the botanists and people that work in agriculture know ..and tell them they got it wrong.lol.

you said you got seeds ‘This way”
what is the “this way”?

Madmick

Baked
User ID
You seem to know it all tell me

Leaving plants longer than they should sometimes produce seeds , via a late developing single male flower

The flower that causes this isn't a female flower, it's male so shouldn't the y chromosome be there ?

So 99 % will be female, you will still get the odd male

And yes I've done this and got males

Argue all you like , they are not guaranteed females

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Ha ,,your unreal ,,,ll,,whats with the “ Argue all you like “ .?
it’s been a good thread so far so leave your negative crap out of it.

Rhodelisation is a female plant producing a pollen sack.

so that’s an XX plant producing pollen sacks that can only have XX pollen ..
unless its by divine intervention ,,,or some fairy tale magic shit going on.
If a plant goes through rhodelisation it’ll produce female seeds ,,if and whatever tendencies of hermaphroditism she has will pass on to her offspring,,,But nothing with the male Y chromosome.
So that is the answer to your question.
but then you answered my question with your own answer ,on you mistaken belief that it was a male flower ,,,just because it grew a pollen sack doesn’t make the pollen a Y male

id have thought that after all those 40 years of growing that you brag about you’d have learned that by now..

And if you want to argue fuck off to another thread.

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
This thread has resurfaced! Thanks for the extra info Sedge, good stuff. I haven't started this project yet and might have to delay it till early next year. Travel plans are getting in the way. I want to have plenty of time, so I can enjoy this new gardening experience.

Oddly, I just found out I accidently did make some seeds. I grew some Bubba Kush and Cheese my last cycle and just started cracking open the jars. My mate found a Bubba bud with about a half dozen seeds. I'm not sure if they are nice looking seeds or little white unviable seeds. Never saw any male bits on the plants and I haven't found any seeds in the other jars. Guessing this is an isolated intersex bud/branch. The seeds weren't in breeder packaging and I can't remember where they came from, so they might be poor genetics. I'll give the seeds a try, but not expecting much...

Top Bottom