Fkn Borg have made a sequel......

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
Ordered Percimillis mites to eat them last time but they obviously didnt get them all...
I noticed some leaf markings durin last weeks of flower but thought it must have been something else..

Im guessing when i dropped the temps a bit for flowering it stunted the spider mites enough to get through flower.
But now Ive raised temps again back up from 22c-ish to 26ish to veg Seedlings the fuckers are making a comeback....
At least i knowntemps matter now with mites...
Going to try making a chilli spray...

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
Hard to get rid of when they get going, can always vacuum the webs off
hang them upside down when there finished and the little cunts will crawl to the top (bottom of plant)
and gather around the stem, easy to kill them all then

Any clones taken will probably have mites on them, dip them in flower and water mix

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Good advice Pedro, id also go with multi prong attack methods, without killing plants.
As the little bastards can be hard to get rid of.
They lay eggs every few days.
Bleach solution to clean everything tent etc.. Vacum.
Kill them all while still in veg.
Neem oil has helped me before.It usually takes concerted effort to get rid of fuckers.
Temp drop deff helps.✌

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
Because i grow organic soil and cycle soil through the vege patch I guess there here to stay now....
Being Tas and 4 degrees at night and 12 during day, they don’t multiply until I bring soil into grow room....
Summer will be interesting to see if they flare up in the vege patch with warmer summer temps.... fuckers..

I might need to just live with them now..
And do all the minimisation techniques like: low temps, higher speed circulation fans, more humidity, misting with oraganic sprays..

Ive noticed they love the Skywalker but not as keen on Nthrn lights and Godfather..

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I’m popping some NL soon so good to know.
I battled with them too last grow. Did the soap/iso spray. Then bud washed at harvest.

Look at purecrop1. It’s organic. I’m going to run that next grow first then introduce persimilis and the other predator mite species too. Californian mites ?? Maybe some ladybugs too.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
if your in a soil system look at adding chitin to the soil , mixed in or top dressed
you can get chitin from insect frass or crustaceans like crab shell or oyster shell
you'll get calcium carbonate as well if using crab or oyster

the chitin will help increase plant health
using potassium silicate will also help increase plant health so will aloe vera & top dressing
or using liquid extracts of worm castings

so as well as hitting the plant with a pest spray try to also increase plant health at the same time
of cause you need to work on timing if your adding beneficial protector bugs
no good releasing beneficial's & spraying an essential oil with aloe or potassium silicate & killing them

check with the supplier because beneficial's work best in a preferred environment , having the appropriate
temps & humidity before release will save you from wasting money on the beneficial's

try to always have that in the back of your mind all the time whether you have bug problems or no bug problems
" how can i make my plant healthier " ,

I'm a broken record on this but consistent moisture will give you the best boost to plant health because it'll keep
all your soil beneficial's alive feeding & protecting your plant

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
if your in a soil system look at adding chitin to the soil , mixed in or top dressed
you can get chitin from insect frass or crustaceans like crab shell or oyster shell
you'll get calcium carbonate as well if using crab or oyster

the chitin will help increase plant health
using potassium silicate will also help increase plant health so will aloe vera & top dressing
or using liquid extracts of worm castings

so as well as hitting the plant with a pest spray try to also increase plant health at the same time
of cause you need to work on timing if your adding beneficial protector bugs
no good releasing beneficial's & spraying an essential oil with aloe or potassium silicate & killing them

check with the supplier because beneficial's work best in a preferred environment , having the appropriate
temps & humidity before release will save you from wasting money on the beneficial's

try to always have that in the back of your mind all the time whether you have bug problems or no bug problems
" how can i make my plant healthier " ,

I'm a broken record on this but consistent moisture will give you the best boost to plant health because it'll keep
all your soil beneficial's alive feeding & protecting your plant
Thx Fella..
I had not heard about frass or chitin before. Will look into it as I don’t think Borg are going away...

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
A8058678-28D5-4559-90F2-4405F5941EA5.png
So this is a clone leaf..... no wonder it was struggling.... all those white dots are borg eggs.... and the black speck is borg turd... cheeky fucker took a dump while i was watching him thru a loupe...!!

I also saw what I think was a Persimillis running about too.....
If thats the case I will focus on creating favourable Percy conditions as I believe they are slightly different to optimum borg conditions....
Last thing I want to do is kill Percy while aiming for borg.....

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
Apparently Persimilis like between:
15-25c and above 60% humidity
Where as TSSM like it hotter and drier..

So Im turning the dehum off which means the grow room will sit naturally at 60-70% just like outside...
And turning temp down to about 20c...
Eat shit borg....!!

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
Green cleaner smashes them I use it now when I flip to 12/12 to make sure there's no pests

Hmmm.... Looks like good shit..
If the Persimillis don’t make a come back and the change in environ don’t control them I will try to get some Green cleaner 👍

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
0C02747A-82D1-4122-9410-9ADB39BF0C8A.jpeg
So I made some chilli / garlic spray...
Got in the growroom and pulled the trigger a few times..... fuck me..!!!
Fucking nuked myself...!!
Started coughing my guts out instantly and bailed the room pronto....
Powerful shit......

Few days later tho.....no fuckin Borg or eggs 👍

nexus420

Vegetating
User ID
View attachment 25965
So I made some chilli / garlic spray...
Got in the growroom and pulled the trigger a few times..... fuck me..!!!
Fucking nuked myself...!!
Started coughing my guts out instantly and bailed the room pronto....
Powerful shit......

Few days later tho.....no fuckin Borg or eggs 👍
until they adapt, lol they are borg.

Top Bottom