Exhaust cans

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Thinking I Read somewhere about 2 yr give or take.depending on your environment .
I'd say that be higher end medium size and home use product.đź‘Ť

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yep, environment basically dictates it. They don't like dust and humidity. So clean the outer sock (pre-filter) regularly in dusty environments, and try and maintain the humidity below 75-80% if you can.

Also, be sure to match the filter to the extraction fan. If your fan does 600cfm*, get a can that is 650cfm* or better. That way you don't restrict the air flow and load up the fan and potentially burn it out in time.

*cubic feet per minute.

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
Yep, environment basically dictates it. They don't like dust and humidity. So clean the outer sock (pre-filter) regularly in dusty environments, and try and maintain the humidity below 75-80% if you can.

Also, be sure to match the filter to the extraction fan. If your fan does 600cfm*, get a can that is 650cfm* or better. That way you don't restrict the air flow and load up the fan and potentially burn it out in time.

*cubic feet per minute.
The humidity worries me a bit. Its around 60-65%at the moment in the middle of flower. Plants seem ok so far. There doesn’t seem to be any moisture on them. I just read in a few places that RH should be below 50%.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
A couple of years ago it rained for most of a week..high humidity and the filter failed ,,put a spare in and the difference in weight was very noticeable,,full of moisture.
could have already been on its way out but at the time it wasn’t too old ..still got it and will one day give it a try again ,hoping it will work well again ,,,

Always good to have a new spare for when they eventually shit them self.

edit ..Kee Mao,,,60-65% shouldn’t be a worry

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
A couple of years ago it rained for most of a week..high humidity and the filter failed ,,put a spare in and the difference in weight was very noticeable,,full of moisture.
could have already been on its way out but at the time it wasn’t too old ..still got it and will one day give it a try again ,hoping it will work well again ,,,

Thanks Sedge

Indy

Misfit
User ID

I had one do the same, managed to dry it out over time. But I don't know if it worked as good as it originally did.

You're bang on about the weight of them, sedge. I reckon mine would've taken on 20kg easily (300mm x 800mm can filter).

Top Bottom