Easy as organics

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

gggrassofhome

Germinating
User ID
Got a side project going inside with a Skywalker OG.
Big thanks to Matt @ EAO for hooking me up with the setup.

113L fabric pot with a single blumat maxi sensor Feeding a 10" drip ring.
4 weeks in and looking good so far.
Moisture is happily hovering between 80-100mbar.
Planning on giving it some tea feeds once i flip.
Questions:
Will kelp meal, neem meal, alfalfa meal, myco and worm castings be a good mix in a tea???
Or should i just leave it at kelp and neem tea and top dress with the other ammendments??
Anyone used the myco powder by Biostim?

Also took some cuts for my next RDWC run.

Cheers all.

Attachments

• 20240303_095549.jpg
    20240303_095549.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 20
  • 20240303_095532.jpg
    20240303_095532.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240303_102155.jpg
    20240303_102155.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 20240115_103236.jpg
    20240115_103236.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 18

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
imo i'd top dress the lot , move the mulch to the side to give you access to the soil surface , top dress all the meals & myco , castings over the top , lightly water in using a spray bottle then move your mulch back over the top

are the castings made at home
can you remember when u took that whole plant pic , start of there day or end of there day
i've never used the biostim product

gggrassofhome

Germinating
User ID
imo i'd top dress the lot , move the mulch to the side to give you access to the soil surface , top dress all the meals & myco , castings over the top , lightly water in using a spray bottle then move your mulch back over the top

are the castings made at home
can you remember when u took that whole plant pic , start of there day or end of there day
i've never used the biostim product
Thanks itchybro. Sounds easier than brewing teas.
Castings are EAO brand.
Photo taken just before lights off.

SAW

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
I like OGS teas, about $50 per pack (veg., early flower & late flower). At the rate I'm going they will last a few years so good value.
I have some images of recipes I'll post later but separated from that device. I get a bag from a guy in WA that looks like medium size envelop made from the mesh of bubble bags to suspend the tea. Works a treat in 20 or 30L buckets or even 60L garbo bins.
My fab pots range from 10L (winter), 40-50L late summer to 90L full season. Large plants in 90L need top dressing close to twice a week when large as they're basically hydroponic. You can see a 15-20mm layer of dressing disappear between feeds. All others my rule of thumb is if they look great and its been a week or three its time to top dress, its too late when I notice. Dress with random mixes of kelp, alfalfa, meals, fish based meals, composts, worm castings, humic acid, frass, neem, powered minerals from rocks and glaciers around the world, and guano when flowering and various others. Some pots are on their second season or third or fourth plant and still fine, and until they show deficiencies will keep using. I cut the stem and leave the roots, green manures when having a spell.
I'd like to add folar feeding to my regime as a friend who studies horticulture has shown me material that says its a very efficient and fast way to get stuff into plants.
The taste debate? No idea, I just aim to feed the soil not the plant with a product that wasn't produced in a lab.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
Thanks itchybro. Sounds easier than brewing teas.
Castings are EAO brand.
Photo taken just before lights off.
just opinion but there are many tea making protocols needed to be met to know your producing a tea that is beneficial to your plants & garden , like , do you have enough air in the bubbler , are you growing the right organisms which you'll need a microscope & the skill to id organisms , etc etc etc

making a compost extract is easier , needs to be well made compost to start with though , which brings you back to needing a scope & id skills but if you use fresh castings your generally good to go , because worms don't fuck up eating & taking a shit :D , where as you can fuck up making compost

an extraction is more a inoculation rather than a nutrient included brewed tea , your not trying to multiply organisms as you do when brewing , your just extracting the organisms that are present in fresh castings

although i'd be happy to buy castings from Easy As Organics i would always suggest to make your own , that way you control what worms are fed , hi quality feed = hi quality castings , it's hard for a commercial castings maker to use hi quality feed because it makes the castings too expensive to sell

i asked when your timing of taking the pics was because the plant looked a little droopy , which looking droopy is par for the course at the end of a day or lights on cycle , of cause indoor you could play round with your DLI to change that but unless they are starting to droop a few hours before lights out , i'd leave the DLI as is

good growing to you @gggrassofhome

Top Bottom