Ducted air conditioner for tent or growroom.

gggrassofhome

Germinating
User ID
Was looking for a way to inject cool air into my grow room.
came across these bangers.
Anyone ran one of these units into their tent or growroom?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240125_144356_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_144356_Samsung Internet.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20240125_144636_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_144636_Samsung Internet.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 19

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
In my house I have ducted air conditioning throughout so my indoor tent just goes with the temp of the house. Out in the garage tent I have an Olimpia PUI 16 4.7Kw portable air con and just point the cold air at the intake of the tent, drops the temp about 4-6 deg. Although that seems like a lot of money, you should be able to pick one up for half that price I reckon (y)

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Was looking for a way to inject cool air into my grow room.
came across these bangers.
Anyone ran one of these units into their tent or growroom?
I’ve been looking for something similar for years,,
came across a small unit for camping recently on utube but didn’t save the video ,,spent about an hour searching for it but no luck..

I’ve even thought of using an electric motor to run the compressor on a car or small van aircon,,lot of fucking around though.

Glad you posted that coz I just found a few others that sound suitable and cheap enough. Thanks.

Same brand ,smaller and cheaper
IMG_2257.png

Would need to rig up a hot air exhaust duct for this
IMG_2258.png

this one appeals to me.
IMG_2259.png

gggrassofhome

Germinating
User ID
came across a small unit for camping recently on utube but didn’t save the video ,,spent about an hour searching for it but no luck..

I’ve even thought of using an electric motor to run the compressor on a car or small van aircon,,lot of fucking around though.

Glad you posted that coz I just found a few others that sound suitable and cheap enough. Thanks.

View attachment 44109

View attachment 44110

this one appeals to me.
View attachment 44111
Yeah few good

View attachment 44109

View attachment 44110

this one appeals to me.
View attachment 44111
Few good ones there. Cheers Sedge.
Definitely like the idea of having seperate flexible ducts for cool and hot air.
Will allow me to run the cold duct straight into a spare capped off port to my sealed room, and exhaust hot air out into garage.
I was thinking about modifying a normal portable AC to do the same thing as the polyair.
I want to avoid having a unit in the room but not many options unless i go for box or splitty.

wickedgarden

Germinating
User ID
In my house I have ducted air conditioning throughout so my indoor tent just goes with the temp of the house. Out in the garage tent I have an Olimpia PUI 16 4.7Kw portable air con and just point the cold air at the intake of the tent, drops the temp about 4-6 deg. Although that seems like a lot of money, you should be able to pick one up for half that price I reckon (y)
Does the portable ac in the garage run all day? I plan on growing in my garage and am curious as to how often id need it running and how much it would cost. Im not handy with electrical values etc

Indy

Misfit
User ID
If you venture down this avenue with Portable A/C units. be sure to look into the efficiency of them because they usually draw a shitload of power 'n barely cool a room down. For instance, i once had a 1kw portable unit that struggled to drop a rooms temp by 6C, that added about $300 to a quarterly power bill over Summer. Whereas in the same room i introduced a 630w Wall/Window unit that could do the job properly, and get it down by at least 10C for about $100-$150.

Most efficient units i've had experience (limited) with so far, is the Split Systems with DC inverter motor/s.

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
Does the portable ac in the garage run all day? I plan on growing in my garage and am curious as to how often id need it running and how much it would cost. Im not handy with electrical values etc
Nah mate, I just run from around 11:00am to around 4:00pm (has a timer) and only when the temps get very hot. Haven't noticed a huge increase in my electricity bills to be honest now that I've been growing for a full 12 months and get an overall idea how much it costs over various seasons (actually I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't more) and thats counting bigger indoor tent and garage tent.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
If you venture down this avenue with Portable A/C units. be sure to look into the efficiency of them because they usually draw a shitload of power 'n barely cool a room down. For instance, i once had a 1kw portable unit that struggled to drop a rooms temp by 6C, that added about $300 to a quarterly power bill over Summer. Whereas in the same room i introduced a 630w Wall/Window unit that could do the job properly, and get it down by at least 10C for about $100-$150.

Most efficient units i've had experience (limited) with so far, is the Split Systems with DC inverter motor/s.
Yeah it’s hard to cool a room when the motor is running in and adding more heat to the room your trying to cool.

Top Bottom