Does any one know anything about harvesting a CBD strain?

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
Hi all any advice would be handy, I've got 2 CBD Gold plants getting nice and plump I have never grown a CBD strain before and I have no idea what to look for when harvesting a CBD plant. I have read that 9 weeks is the optimum time for CBD but I have also read 6 weeks aswell. I usually harvest my THC strains when trichomes are 50/50 amber cloudy but I'm sure I shouldn't wait that long for CBD.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Dudes

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Hard to say mate genetics. Say it's a Nepalese X CBD sativa. So looks like a fair amount of sativa genetics .
I'd assume you Harvest CBD by week of flower rather than trichome colour not too sure, but we have a new member that grows CBD bud so hopefully he will chime in,👍At wild guess I'd say 50 to 65 days would be clear with a few milky triches.🤔

Kerba

Germinating
User ID
Hi all any advice would be handy, I've got 2 CBD Gold plants getting nice and plump I have never grown a CBD strain before and I have no idea what to look for when harvesting a CBD plant. I have read that 9 weeks is the optimum time for CBD but I have also read 6 weeks aswell. I usually harvest my THC strains when trichomes are 50/50 amber cloudy but I'm sure I shouldn't wait that long for CBD.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Dudes
The plant is ready when it's ready.

For highest CBD % you want to wait until full maturity. You can have CBD with <1% THC, however the yield will be low.

Early on in the budding, like not long after formation there is some CBD present with no THC. That's these <0.30% THC results you see.
The highest CBD % is gained at full flower, however that's where THC is at its highest, most likely >1%.

Waiting a week longer, or to full amber allows trichome oxidation to transform some of the THC to CBN, still medically beneficial. It's a trade off in your favour.

When CBD genetics are quoted at say 15% CBD & <1.0% THC, that's the best number taken from the stabilised phenos grown, and there could be two, four or more pheno. It might be the case one pheno is on those great numbers and at the other end 10%/5% or even 1:1.

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
So from what I'm getting the CBD is either going to be there or not when the plant is harvested at full maturity. So I plan to harvest the plants at 8 weeks I'm guessing at that stage most of the trichomes will be milky, I will try to keep the amber at bay.

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Local pest Vostok, cut and pasted an interesting article on our favourite short day flowering plants the other day.

In a limited study, it showed that a certain CBD dominant cultivar performed better with a 14 hour lights on period. Doubling yield, keeping CBD %. THC varieties lost potency with more than 12 hours though.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
So from what I'm getting the CBD is either going to be there or not when the plant is harvested at full maturity. So I plan to harvest the plants at 8 weeks I'm guessing at that stage most of the trichomes will be milky, I will try to keep the amber at bay.
Just depends on genetics I've seen 30:1 CBD thc ratio advertised.something. Like that would be a good bet.
I think the CBD gold is about 2:1👍

Top Bottom