Dipel (bacillus thuringiensis)

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
AS for Brix, the soil here is some of the best in OZ, full of life
everything grows berserk, and the caterpillars still destroy plants, trees, anything they can eat

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
I'm gonna try daisy chains this year, thinking broken up CDs dangling on fishing line. Won't stop them but should stop quite a few from landing, figure it out when I get there.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
Don't know why I bother posting anything

Viva La caterpillars

neither do i

so "you got bigger badder bugs than anybody else" , everybody who grows outdoor have challengers , some might have to work a little harder than others dealing with those challengers , one of the things that increase bug pressure is over fertilization from bottle feeding , once you poor crap into soil , biology is diminished , regardless weather you have the best soil or not , bottle feeding degrades your " Best Soil "
so you can sit & do nothing which seems to be what your suggesting , that's one way to go i guess , i'm trying to offer a different perspective for people who are trying to help themselves , i reckon your soil is the number one defense to pest & pathogen , of cause your an old dog who has no need to do anything different than what you do each year , grow lots of well fertilized plants , loose half to mold & decease ( based on comments of your past osa 14,000+ posts ) , harvest the other half for a nice yield

anyway i've tried a number of times to encourage you to try something different but your an old dog ect ect

the one thing to take away , Bugs Will Attack Unhealthy Plants full stop , increase plant health to decrease pest & pathogen pressure
i don't know everything but i do know health has a flow on effect on quality & quantity of the end product , also gives you the best expression of a plants traits which should be most important to a cannabis breeders !

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
neither do i

so "you got bigger badder bugs than anybody else" , everybody who grows outdoor have challengers , some might have to work a little harder than others dealing with those challengers , one of the things that increase bug pressure is over fertilization from bottle feeding , once you poor crap into soil , biology is diminished , regardless weather you have the best soil or not , bottle feeding degrades your " Best Soil "
so you can sit & do nothing which seems to be what your suggesting , that's one way to go i guess , i'm trying to offer a different perspective for people who are trying to help themselves , i reckon your soil is the number one defense to pest & pathogen , of cause your an old dog who has no need to do anything different than what you do each year , grow lots of well fertilized plants , loose half to mold & decease ( based on comments of your past osa 14,000+ posts ) , harvest the other half for a nice yield

anyway i've tried a number of times to encourage you to try something different but your an old dog ect ect

the one thing to take away , Bugs Will Attack Unhealthy Plants full stop , increase plant health to decrease pest & pathogen pressure
i don't know everything but i do know health has a flow on effect on quality & quantity of the end product , also gives you the best expression of a plants traits which should be most important to a cannabis breeders !

Bigger and Badder bugs ?? probably a lot more in my back yard then yours ?

No bottled ferty here in the garden beds ?, maybe some Bass liquid Sulfate of Potash ?, run out of that a few years ago
Chook poo, blood n bone, dynamic lifter and sulphate of potash, hay, + all the scraps from the plants, wood ash, kitchen scraps
weeds, tree branches, dead stuff, birds rats chooks fish, Alpaca poo, sheep poo, cow poo, human piss(mine)

Loose half ?, nah be 5-10 % on a bad year, but I grow a lot of different strains, some have probably not seen the Sun for generations
been developed solely indoors, so no natural defense/protection has been breed into them ?

After a while breeding shit in a shit environment they will develop they own defenses against nature ?
A lot of SSS shit went mouldy here, but some got better when crossed a few times with other SSS shit,
and would continue to get better and better every generation

I'm blaming you now, you were picking SSS strains ?? GG Allin anyway ( joking)

There is a reason I grow mostly sativas/sativa hybrids, they handle the conditions better
the strains that have been here for years are no problem, they handle it all, except for the wind, it fucks anything it wants ? lol

I do take your advice on board Itchy, you know what your talking about, I am but a mere gardener, who grows shit, not just pot hey
I'm sure we follow some of the same permaculture blokes ?

got a 1/3 of a acre fenced off and set aside for a new fruit n veggie garden, nothing will come from outside the fence to do it
maybe some horse poo ? its good shit for starting garden beds, 6 deep in on top of everything else

I'll make sure I get a few pics of whatever invades the place this year, bugs butterflys flies moths fungas gnats(haven't gone)
who knows what will go berserk here, every season is different, but one of them will be in plague proportions ?

Its not funny, its hard work growing shit in a shit environment, shit for cannabis anyway, best times were in the drought
less of everything bad, pillers lol, no other bug bothers them, Affies go mouldy anywhere its not ideal ?

Ya got to have a laugh tho, life is good outside fighting nature, not growing fuck all these days, might just have a mould pest free season yet

Deep Chunk x Panama, a bloody affie cross, probably go mouldy ?? DSC_0970.JPG

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
my apologies pedro wasn't my intention to suggest everything you grow molds up , just remembered you complaining about it a bit , didn't remember it was only SSS strains at the time

one of the things that stood out to me in your post was the inputs you mentioned , that's lots of poo & lots of nitrogen , nitrogen toxicity doesn't always mean you'll see it in the leaves straight away so plants can be stressing from it b4 it's visual , & i think it's aphid that are particularly attracted to a plant with this issue , the thing about nitrogen is the oxygen we breath is about 80% nitrogen making it abundant & free , just need a few plants in a cover crop mix to deposit that N in the soil for ya

as far as SSS strains go i grew 3 or 4 outdoors over a few years & never had an issue with mold , you can def grow susceptible plants but it's also my belief bud rot starts in the soil , i also believe it's possible to out compete this pain in the arse in the soil b4 it's air born

good luck with ya projects

User ID
I use BTI for the gnats but ran out and the Aussie guy on ebay seems out and didnt reply me. I just have to resort to spray for now.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Ok. I've experimented with Dipel on my current indoor grow. I applied Dipel on a Lemongrass and Strawberry Banana two weeks before harvest. Local punters and I agree that there is absolutely no residual taste on the buds. The day before harvest I removed both plants outdoors, and lightly sprayed the entire plant with hose/water and allowed plants to dry in sunlight. Verdict = delicious. Oh, the Strawberry Banana is a new local favourite, well at least until our next local favourite. šŸ˜ƒ Wedding Cake is seriously nice too, just not as narcotic as SB. So many delicious strains, so little time.

Top Bottom