Delonghi Dehumidifier

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Just bought this one, know fuck all about dehumidifiers, never used one before, this one is meant to be good for extracting a litre an hour which sounded mighty fine to me..

Delonghi DDSX225.

Did i fuck up? And if i didnt, do put it in the tent, or in the room the tent is in?

EDIT: It's a 1.5m x 1.5m x 2.44m tent.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

nugget

Blooming
User ID
That should be excellent. Either or for placement just remember she blows out hot air while it's dehumidifying so can warm things up a bit. Oh and any lights on it.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Hey Indy picked me self up a 85 watt Kiming online 4 $80 and goes through about 6 ltrs overnight
Its in a bathroom with drying nets hung in shower
Supa quite and drops R.H to 45%
Works excellent only prob everything in chinese so throw instructions out window

Indy

Misfit
User ID
That should be excellent. Either or for placement just remember she blows out hot air while it's dehumidifying so can warm things up a bit. Oh and any lights on it.
Ahh, glad you told me about them pumping out the heat, mate. I was unaware of that. As for lights on it, it does have a LED display panel on top. I havent got it yet to know as its getting shipped out to me.

Seeing it pumps out the heat, I might set it up outside the tent and position the tent's air intakes in front of it, and see what that does.
Hey Indy picked me self up a 85 watt Kiming online 4 $80 and goes through about 6 ltrs overnight
Its in a bathroom with drying nets hung in shower
Supa quite and drops R.H to 45%
Works excellent only prob everything in chinese so throw instructions out window

Bloody hell, that's not bad, mate. This week as it is i've been dealing with RH constantly around 70%, and being mid-flower i had to act now. If i knew the smaller ones could get it down that low i would've given them more consideration.

In fact, i'm fuckin' around with the current grow again. I've been running the 600w HPS in the tent, with it coming on 10pm and off at 10am just to maintain heat through the night. But because the heat is building here already. I'm changing the HPS out to give the LED another run now cold temps aren't such an issue. But because I want to run the LED from 10am to 10pm (complete opposite than current cycle), I'm delaying the timer one hour each day for the next 12 days until I get it there. Fingers crossed it doesn't trip these fuckers up 'n throw hermie traits..

Last edited:

Dynaboo

Germinating
User ID
If you place it at the corner of the tent blowing into the corner the warm air naturally goes up,now with a fan directly above the dehumidifier preferably above the canopy blowing away from the corner towards a passively cooled led you get mild cooling and a dehumidified tent
two birds one stone run it on low fan speed

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Out of curiosity does anyone know if water from humidifier any good 4 garden
It's so crystal clear i'd be tempted 2 drink it.....[pretty easily tempted gotta say]

Indy

Misfit
User ID
From one video i seen. They said it's safe to use on watering plants, and other options where food-grade water isn't required. So yeah, basically don't use it for cooking or drinking, naturally.

Something else was mentioned the water lacked calcium or something similar to it. Wasn't paying much attention at the time (stoner moment).

Dynaboo

Germinating
User ID
It’s soft water all good for plants
It lacks buffering so ph can fluctuate when using dehumidifier water but I’ve known many growers to Chanel the drip straight into the res tank with top shelf results

nexus420

Vegetating
User ID
Just bought this one, know fuck all about dehumidifiers, never used one before, this one is meant to be good for extracting a litre an hour which sounded mighty fine to me..

Delonghi DDSX225.

Did i fuck up? And if i didnt, do put it in the tent, or in the room the tent is in?

damn that's a good one would like to know how that goes was going to get a ich-200 and was wonder how much was overkill on a 1.2m x1.2m x 2m for the dehumidifier

3combs

Germinating
User ID
How much noise does it make Indy?
My 25s are ausclimate, they work well but are as loud as a small window aircon. Put out a little heat too.
Can run a hose to continuously catch water away from the internal tank.
Have used the water with no problems but prefer not to. They say its ok if the filter is clean and the water hasn't been left to stand too long.

MLCBeaches

Germinating
User ID
My 25s are ausclimate, they work well but are as loud as a small window aircon. Put out a little heat too.
Have used the water with no problems but prefer not to. They say its ok if the filter is clean and the water hasn't been left to stand too long.

nugget

Blooming
User ID
Yep mine is noisier than my extraction fan when it's doing its thing but settles down when it reaches the proper Rh.

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID

Delonghi DDSX225.

Yes I have one, and they are really good , it takes 25/30L a day on wet days, and it does the job really good for flower run

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
No mould yet... (touch wood) I vent straight in from outdoors so couldnt use a dehumidifier anyway. Thankfully Ive gotten away with [possibly] excess extraction/air replacement running 24/7, and add as many decent fans as budget and space allows. Patiently awaiting a AC 6" cloudray :love:

Fucked off the heater during flower. Too much of a balancing act maintaining enough warmth with sufficient extraction. I'd presume thats a situation that benefits with a dehumidifier.

Until the dreaded botrytis strikes me, I'm still on the fence on the importance of a dehumidifier for a small scale setup. would triple my power consumption. But a larger room and mainting proper VPD is clearly different that I have no experience in. Let alone growing grade A dense buds.

Indy

Misfit
User ID

I haven't got it yet, mate. But it appears she's going to be loud. Spec sheet suggests it operates between 42 - 47dB. Fortunately noise doesn't pose much of a problem here.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
No mould yet... (touch wood) I vent straight in from outdoors so couldnt use a dehumidifier anyway. Thankfully Ive gotten away with [possibly] excess extraction/air replacement running 24/7, and add as many decent fans as budget and space allows. Patiently awaiting a AC 6" cloudray :love:

Fucked off the heater during flower. Too much of a balancing act maintaining enough warmth with sufficient extraction. I'd presume thats a situation that benefits with a dehumidifier.

Until the dreaded botrytis strikes me, I'm still on the fence on the importance of a dehumidifier for a small scale setup. would triple my power consumption. But a larger room and mainting proper VPD is clearly different that I have no experience in. Let alone growing grade A dense buds.

I used to be of a same mindset. That was until I've seen plants absolutely dripping with transpiration and grow area was a sweatbox. I eventually got a dose of powdery mildew out of that lot. And because 5here was that much humidity, the carbon scrubber had soaked up so much moisture it rendered it useless, that took a few weeks to dry that bugger out again before i could use it again. I got lucky with that event that it unfolded during the vegetative stage.

Plus, a couple of times I've had to pull crops a week or two early because of mold breaking out in the odd spot. That routine gets ordinary after a while, rippin' shit before it's ready.

So yeah, I'm done with those hiccups, and considering they're anticipating a wetter than normal spring this year. I'm hopefully going to be ready if shit unfolds.

But that's in QLD. If you're in a lower humidity region you probably wouldn't face such issues. What State/territory are you in, mate?

Last edited:

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I used to be of a same mindset. That was until I've seen plants absolutely dripping with transpiration and grow area was a sweatbox. I eventually got a dose of powdery mildew out of that lot. And because 5here was that much humidity, the carbon scrubber had soaked up so much moisture it rendered it useless, that took a few weeks to dry that bugger out again before i could use it again. I got lucky with that event that it unfolded during the vegetative stage.

Plus, a couple of times I've had to pull crops a week or two early because of mold breaking out in the odd spot. That routine gets ordinary after a while, rippin' shit before it's ready.

So yeah, I'm done with those hiccups, and considering they're anticipating a wetter than normal spring this year. I'm hopefully going to be ready if shit unfolds.

But that's in QLD. If you're in a lower humidity region you probably wouldn't face such issues. What State/territory are you in, mate?
Yeah fair enough. Im very green still so a lot to learn. Im in Southern Victoria. Its been sitting around 70-100% since mid April. Fucking insane but probably normal, I'd never given a fuck before indoor growing lol. It pissed down rain almost all winter.

I would likely consider it if I could treat a lung room rather than sucking direct outside air in. Im averaging 85% and with sufficient extraction the air is constantly replaced with more (humid) air, But never gets stuffy, definitely not dripping with moisture. I have the exhaust running on 5 (6inch phresh) at the moment, 24/7. If I dont latch the grow room doors properly they whistle due to extreme suction.

No doubt there is a big difference in our different regions and seasons. I was under the impression Winter was going to be lower humidity down here, fuck was I wrong. Have a feeling its the oppostite in QLD.

Dynaboo

Germinating
User ID
In winter and a month either side humidifier on 24/7 set at 65% in grow and 45% in bloom it also acts as a heater and tops up the red tank 3 birds one stone
In summer and a month either side portable air con 24/7 which acts as a dehumidifier also sometimes depending on relative external humidity the dehumidifier and aircon simultaneously for last 2 weeks the resin and bud structure is noticeable the lower the humidity & temps towards the end.
The hottest two months of the year I take a break it’s possible to produce decent in those 40 degree weeks but it’s to nanny style grow constantly wondering if all’s good

Top Bottom