Dehumidifiers

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Thoughts... I live up north the last summer was bad. It was humid as fuck. I borrowed a dehumidifier off a mate to try but it only kinda worked when I slowed the exhausted fan down, but then the smell was evident. Been thinking the room my tent is in is 3.5 × 3.5 × 2.2.so what if .. I use the carbon filter to filter the room itself ( I'd get a larger one I'm due for an upgrade) and place the dehumidifier outside the tent with some ducting blowing the dry air in. What are everyone's thoughts on this working TIA

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
Sounds like it would work alright. My tent is in a room of similar dimensions maybe a little bigger and I use the Kmart large dehumidifier, which works okay but if there's a shitload of rain it will struggle a bit (say 80% or so rh, dehuey will take it down to ~65% if lucky).
I end up just throwing it in the 5×5 though to save power.
If I were running a dehumidifier outside the tent I'd probably go with the bigger units like the ausclimate ones that can do 12+ litres / day just so it isn't battling as much.

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
A couple of questions come to mind.

Where does the exhausted air go ? back into the room or outside ?
Is the exhaust fan on a thermostat or humidistat ?

Another thought is that running the humidified air back into the tent directly will increase internal heat as humified air is warmer and living up north and growing in summer I assume internal heat is a big problem too?

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Not to mention the power you go through . Last grow power bill went through the roof and I have solar. Had a portable aircon and a dehumidifier running in the room with the tents . 24 hours power bill hit 500 in a month.
Thinking I will clear the room out and line it and install a split aircon . Still going to have to bring fresh air in and filter air out which works the aircon harder

Hudo

Baked
User ID
A couple of questions come to mind.

Where does the exhausted air go ? back into the room or outside ?
Is the exhaust fan on a thermostat or humidistat ?

Another thought is that running the humidified air back into the tent directly will increase internal heat as humified air is warmer and living up north and growing in summer I assume internal heat is a big problem too?
Exaust air goes outside. The tent averages around 30c in summer. I have lights on at night to keep temps down.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
As @elsooto mentioned some time back, the average room sized dehumidifier is good for bumping up temps by another 4-5C, on average. From my experience, he'd be on the money with that comment.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
As @elsooto mentioned some time back, the average room sized dehumidifier is good for bumping up temps by another 4-5C, on average. From my experience, he'd be on the money with that comment.
Yeah starting to think pulling a week or 2 early in summer up here will be the norm without setting up an expensive setup

Top Bottom