Dehumidifier

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
What are you rocking and what are your thoughts on it? I know I've talked about this a while ago and have come to the conclusion I need a bigger one than the 65W peltier cheapy that only does 3-500mL a day.

Did some looking for an Ausclimate and stumbled upon this absolute pearler of a deal. Is it too good to be true? I took a stab anyway. Unbelievably cheap compared to any other retailer.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Depends on your setup i'd say. Are you intending to grow in a tent or a room?

When i was researching a while back, the Ausclimate dehumidifiers did have the best reviews. But that depends on how many of them were legit non-biased reviews.

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
What are you rocking and what are your thoughts on it? I know I've talked about this a while ago and have come to the conclusion I need a bigger one than the 65W peltier cheapy that only does 3-500mL a day.

Did some looking for an Ausclimate and stumbled upon this absolute pearler of a deal. Is it too good to be true? I took a stab anyway. Unbelievably cheap compared to any other retailer.
Just be careful with the lights on em if running in the room with the plants need some good silver tape cover em up👍

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID

Nice find. I reckon you did well for the price. should be able to keep a tent or lung room around ~50 RH. Looks like it pulls a little less power than my Kmart dehuey which will keep everything in the low 50's. When it pisses down rain and the surrounding humidity is at 80% it will still keep the tent at around 60% max. I reckon you did really well on price hopefully it lasts a good while

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Depends on your setup i'd say. Are you intending to grow in a tent or a room?

When i was researching a while back, the Ausclimate dehumidifiers did have the best reviews. But that depends on how many of them were legit non-biased reviews.
Just a small room with a single plant flower tent and a veg box. I'd like to be future-proof for when I expand and I heard it's better to over do it than under with these for efficiency. Ausclimate does look to be the premium option though it's a big step up at $275 for the 20L/day model over this one. I'm happy with the warranty and cheaper price.

Just be careful with the lights on em if running in the room with the plants need some good silver tape cover em up👍
Yep all cool bananas this model has 5 dimming options for the display on top as well as back light completely off 👍 may have induced the herm issues with some light leaks on my jerry rigged cover for the el cheapo.

Nice find. I reckon you did well for the price. should be able to keep a tent or lung room around ~50 RH. Looks like it pulls a little less power than my Kmart dehuey which will keep everything in the low 50's. When it pisses down rain and the surrounding humidity is at 80% it will still keep the tent at around 60% max. I reckon you did really well on price hopefully it lasts a good while
Thanks cob 👍 I was almost going to get the Kmart large one as I have a fair few fly buy dollars to use 🤣 does it go alright? Sounds like 60 zone is plenty manageable with it.

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Just a small room with a single plant flower tent and a veg box. I'd like to be future-proof for when I expand and I heard it's better to over do it than under with these for efficiency. Ausclimate does look to be the premium option though it's a big step up at $275 for the 20L/day model over this one. I'm happy with the warranty and cheaper price.

Yep all cool bananas this model has 5 dimming options for the display on top as well as back light completely off 👍 may have induced the herm issues with some light leaks on my jerry rigged cover for the el cheapo.

Thanks cob 👍 I was almost going to get the Kmart large one as I have a fair few fly buy dollars to use 🤣 does it go alright? Sounds like 60 zone is plenty manageable with it.
Yeah it's alright considering the amount of plants and I guess my res also evaporates a bit too in the heat

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
I have the ausclimate med 20L model.
It easily keeps humidity below 50%
Do you ventilate the room it's in?

I have the ausclimate large 35L model and there's times where it struggles to condition the amount of air entering my lung room to a low enough level where it keeps my tent RH levels in check.

I'm not sure what to do other than invest in a bigger unit.

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
What are you rocking and what are your thoughts on it?
Ausclimate large 35L model. It's been effective and very reliable.

When doing my research I found some manufacturers, just like with grow lights, will greatly exaggerate the performance of their products and you often don't get what you expect.

Beware of Kogan products they're shithouse.

And there's a few features which are very helpful like a continuous drain line so you're not always emptying the thing and the auto restart function is a necessity if you're controlling it via an external source.

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID

I have the ausclimate large 35L model and there's times where it struggles to condition the amount of air entering my lung room to a low enough level where it keeps my tent RH levels in check.

How much air you pumping through if the 35L can't keep up 😳

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Ausclimate large 35L model. It's been effective and very reliable.

When doing my research I found some manufacturers, just like with grow lights, will greatly exaggerate the performance of their products and you often don't get what you expect.

Beware of Kogan products they're shithouse.

And there's a few features which are very helpful like a continuous drain line so you're not always emptying the thing and the auto restart function is a necessity if you're controlling it via an external source.

I hear that mate that's why I wasn't going to settle for anything other than a decent name brand. Got the ionmax cause of the steal price and 4yr warranty.

This model has both features and able to dim or turn off the backlight on the display 👍

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
I hear that mate that's why I wasn't going to settle for anything other than a decent name brand. Got the ionmax cause of the steal price and 4yr warranty.

This model has both features and able to dim or turn off the backlight on the display 👍
That's a ripper deal for a compressor dehum for sure and you can't really go wrong with that warranty backup.

Whilst it's a bit concerning about the wastage we produce we've never had it so good with affordable quality.

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
How much air you pumping through if the 35L can't keep up 😳
Well it's not so much being pumped through the dehum but there's a lot of air exchange through my flower tent and it gets exhausted out the window in the room so it seems logical that the same amount of air is being pulled into the lung room which in humid weather it needs conditioning prior to being drawn into the tent and sometimes in extreme cases (rainy days) it can't extract the moisture fast enough.

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
That's a ripper deal for a compressor dehum for sure and you can't really go wrong with that warranty backup.

Whilst it's a bit concerning about the wastage we produce we've never had it so good with affordable quality.
Even better than the price it's at now - I paid $125.30 delivered. Too right can't go wrong I'm keen to see how it goes.

That's very true mate consumers paradise 🤣

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I bought the ionmax ion632 for use in the lung room. Sucks out a fair bit of water - 10-20L a day. Using the exhaust to blow into the tent to bring temp up and humidity down. Made a big improvement. Got it for a bit under $400. Both these units were Choice recommended and yeah pretty good

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I bought the ionmax ion632 for use in the lung room. Sucks out a fair bit of water - 10-20L a day. Using the exhaust to blow into the tent to bring temp up and humidity down. Made a big improvement. Got it for a bit under $400. Both these units were Choice recommended and yeah pretty good
Awesome got me keen now mate.

gggrassofhome

Germinating
User ID

Yeah good ventilation. Also excellent circulation across room with 2 goldair platinum wall fans and a vornado fan on the floor under canopy.
Think it worked out about 2mins to fully exchange air in my grow area.
Room is 2 x 3m
i just sit dehuey in front of the intake blower which draws in HEPA filtered air from outside.
My room is well insulated and sealed and has good negative pressure.
Running a 250mm mountain air exhaust and scrubber.
I only really run dehu when its raining or humidity gets to high in late flower.
i'll switch it on and within an hour im below 50%.
Got it draining into a bucket and It 3/4 fills it within the 12hr dark period.

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
Yeah good ventilation. Also excellent circulation across room with 2 goldair platinum wall fans and a vornado fan on the floor under canopy.
Think it worked out about 2mins to fully exchange air in my grow area.
Room is 2 x 3m
i just sit dehuey in front of the intake blower which draws in HEPA filtered air from outside.
My room is well insulated and sealed and has good negative pressure.
Running a 250mm mountain air exhaust and scrubber.
I only really run dehu when its raining or humidity gets to high in late flower.
i'll switch it on and within an hour im below 50%.
Got it draining into a bucket and It 3/4 fills it within the 12hr dark period.
Thanks mate that's given me something to think about.

In regards to your 250mm exhaust fan, do you need to run forced intake or passive and do you have any odor issues?

In a recent post of mine titled "Faark that stinks" I was explaining my peculiar problem I'm having with a strong pungent aroma leaking out my tent somehow (my suspicions are a dodgy filter) and when I mentioned it to my local where I bought the filter from, his explanation was that because I wasn't running forced intake and there isn't enough air exchange when using passive intake and therefore the terps/smells aren't being sucked into the filter..

I'm calling bullshit and it seems a bit ridiculous but I'm no expert so what's your thoughts on that?

Top Bottom