deficiency or genetics?

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yup just cause ure plants look hungry doesn’t mean ure not feeding enough, it could mean the soil car has broken down and they can’t get to woollies or sushi one for a feed
Nutrient uptake carburettor gotta be on point no matter how much fuel you give em
In normal speak, although they looking like Jenny Craig life members u just gotta work out why e.c not working
Which is why u posted in first place so please disregard this stupid reply
(In a mood today)

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Anaken Moonwalk

Vegetating
User ID
the plant to my eye & my computer screen is looking a little yellow to light green
so imo this makes me think there is a water problem , either to much or not enough
both will cause a plant to go yellow / light green , both will also cause a change in PH
the flow on effect is nutrient lockout / deficiency

i don't use soil mixes with coco but with peat mixes that i use if you under water them the mix will shrink & pull in from the sides of the pot leaving a gap between the soil & the side of the pot , has that happened in that pot ?

the other thing that peat will do if under watered is , it'll go hydrophobic , anytime you water it'll run straight through the pot & out the bottom filling the drip tray very quickly , do you notice that , water runs through the pot very quickly ?

if you can feel the weight that would be handy info , if you can also stick your finger into the soil to feel how moist it is / how far down does your finger go before you feel moisture ?

top dressing fresh worm castings will help with your gnat problem , the organisms in the castings will attack the gnat larvae , if you have some straw or hay to cover the castings after you top dress them it'll protect the biology in the castings by helping to not dry them out
Thanks again for the input Itchybro (y)

Really not having so much luck with the indoor girl. It all went wrong shortly after switch to flower.. fungus gnats, leaf bleaching etc etc.. have been following various organic grow instructions carefully - repot and dry amend before flip, test the first inch of soil when watering, worm castings, gogo juice, molasses, fish, kelp, micorrhizae, etc etc ... and yet she struggled. Meanwhile the outdoor girls are going gangbusters with very little input from me

I still have a soft spot for her and enough hope to see her through.

I'm not getting much run-off when watering, maybe 250mls or so from 4litres but I have been getting that soil/edge of pot gap you speak of from time to time.

I have added another layer of insect frass and worm castings to the pot. The gnats have picked up again so a light dusting of DE to the top of that and a good neem spray around the pot (not the plant). I'll aim on the lower side of pH with waterings/feedings from now on and give her some nitrogen on the next feed.

Time will tell.. Thanks everyone for your input, great to be able to bounce this off you guys (y)

Top Bottom