Cucumber seedlings being eaten overnight

Bear777

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Any tips , I started putting plastic bottles upside down cut in half over top of the seedlings but looking for other options, I had a few months ago in another bed caught slugs attacking the cucumbers and therre I found the ground nearby was too wet due to leaking drip hose but that's not the case this time though, something else is getting them.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Any tips , I started putting plastic bottles upside down cut in half over top of the seedlings but looking for other options, I had a few months ago in another bed caught slugs attacking the cucumbers and therre I found the ground nearby was too wet due to leaking drip hose but that's not the case this time though, something else is getting them.
Maybe rodents?

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
don't start them in the bed if that's what your doing
start them in small seedling pots then transplant as bigger seedlings
this will give them much more of a fighting chance
apparently slugs & snails won't cross a copper barrier , you can buy copper tape , at bunnings i think

Bear777

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
don't start them in the bed if that's what your doing
start them in small seedling pots then transplant as bigger seedlings
this will give them much more of a fighting chance
apparently slugs & snails won't cross a copper barrier , you can buy copper tape , at bunnings i think
I don't know why I had in the back of my mind that cucumbers don't like being transplanted,, i was thinking they were like peas and beans for some reason, I will have to give that a go

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
i think in general most things are better direct sown but just walk through bunings veg seedlings almost everything is in seedling from ready for transplant

Top Bottom