Council: Drug and Alcohol testing.

BillyP32

Germinating
User ID
Hi Guys,

I have been offered a job pending a Pre-Employment health check at my local council. Not 100% sure, but i have to assume that there will be a urine test. I will be driving company vehicles.

Points of note:

Daily smoker.
I do have a prescription.
Active, Healthy, low BMI.
6 Days without a smoke, 8 or so days without oil or edibles, prior to the test. (not ideal I know)
https://wha.net.au/ is the company doing the pre-employment check.

Should I disclose the prescription?
I was wondering if anyone here has had experience gaining employment with their local council?
Any other tips that have been tried and tested, preferably by you?

Any advice would be great, and I can appreciate this is a recurring topic.

Cheers, Bill.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Usually if you test positive to opiates but have a prescription youre ok but that logic probably wont follow for harmless weed, probably depends on the council actually but I imagine if you are excluded due to your prescription you could probably go for discrimination lol

BillyP32

Germinating
User ID
Fucked system hey,
The the levels for each drug are ridiculous and unfair.
  • Amphetamine-type stimulants – 300 ug/L
  • Benzodiazepines – 200 ug/L
  • Cannabis and metabolites – 50 ug/L
  • Cocaine and metabolites – 300 ug/L
  • Opiates – 300 ug/L

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Tell them your transitioning ,,that should be all you need for a government job now days.

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Hi Guys,

I have been offered a job pending a Pre-Employment health check at my local council. Not 100% sure, but i have to assume that there will be a urine test. I will be driving company vehicles.

Points of note:

Daily smoker.
I do have a prescription.
Active, Healthy, low BMI.
6 Days without a smoke, 8 or so days without oil or edibles, prior to the test. (not ideal I know)
https://wha.net.au/ is the company doing the pre-employment check.

Should I disclose the prescription?
I was wondering if anyone here has had experience gaining employment with their local council?
Any other tips that have been tried and tested, preferably by you?

Any advice would be great, and I can appreciate this is a recurring topic.

Cheers, Bill.
My mate told them before the pre work saliva test and it came back negative anyway after having used oil and flower the day before.
Easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission!

BillyP32

Germinating
User ID
My mate told them before the pre work saliva test and it came back negative anyway after having used oil and flower the day before.
Easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission!
I have had heaps of silva tests at my current job and never had a problem, I not sure if that will happen with a urine test, if there is a urine test!
I think in this case begging for forgiveness after the fact might be too late.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Saliva test will say if you’ve smoked in the last few hours roughly ..
Urine test will show you smoked upto weeks ago
yea I stopped smoking for a bit over three weeks on my end and still pissed hot lol. Even funnier, I took a detox kit and flushed hard, so it basically came back as tampered, and still tested positive for THC which was a laugh.

Funny thing though, work was all "shit, we chose you as we thought you didn't smoke. You'd never spoke about it over the three years here. Why didn't you say something mate". TBH, I thought a bit over three weeks would be enough. Can stick around pretty well if you have a bit of body fat, and mine was 25%.

I've also had the opposite with the swabs. Just had a mega session and still smelled like burnt weed. Pretty sure I had the dreaded bong ring and all lol. Comes back negative and the officers face and reaction was priceless. "mate, you need to smoke some better weed" with a big grin on her face.

Was a big fuck around as they had to give me paid leave for 6 weeks and offer me rehab lol. I just got another job a few days later instead.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
In my job they have someone in the room with you watching while you fill the cup. The only way to not fail is to have the boss know I smoke and them make sure I'm not there when the random testing happens ;).

Had many a call on my way to work informing me that I will be 20 mins late :LOL:.

Top Bottom