Containing odour

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Half the time its your own paranoia getting to you. there must be a plant up here that smells like weed growing because there is a couple distinctive places around when I'm driving along I get a whiff and I'm like smell that been trying to work out what it is so I can plant the fucker everywhere
Yeah there’s def a native plant that smells like weed. Never worked out what but I often smell it when I’m walking the dog in the bush near our house. Unless there’s a crop growing I guess.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

GreenMan

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Yeah there’s def a native plant that smells like weed. Never worked out what but I often smell it when I’m walking the dog in the bush near our house. Unless there’s a crop growing I guess.
Same here, I thought it might be a Kangaroos Paw but they don't really smell the same when close up.

The road to Monkey Mia in WA smells really strong of it.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Ok. I get it. Now.

I was visiting a friend in hospital and went for a walk with her. She mentioned there was this apartment block she walked past near by that always smelled of weed. I didn’t take much notice, just thought some stoners live there who smoked a lot.

But a week later after a difficult visit I was wandering around getting my thoughts into order and BAM. really strong smell of flowering weed. And across the road from me a small block of apartments. I gardens around. Very few trees as it backs onto the retail area of the suburb. I have no doubts someone in there is growing indoors.

I wonder though if most people who might recognise the smell of burning weed wouldn’t necessarily know the smell of flowering. They probably think it’s some nice flower growing somewhere and not pay much attention. Cops is another matter and people who grow or have grown before.

I know how far the smell from my plants travel, it’s just lucky where I live it isn’t a problem. ( and you know what ? On one side our immediate neighbour is a cop!).
But we have space here so it’s not a problem for me or at least I’m not concerned.

I should do a flyer drop in the apartment block for carbon filters or something, try and give a well intended and not scary hint. . Haha

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Near were I live there a some big flying fox colonies an when ya go past them you get that real good stinky weed smell
Society garlic smells like weed.

My wife called a locum one time and he asked if we were growing weed, I had just trimmed it (the society garlic in the front garden) that day so it fucking stank.
Still not sure if he believed her reply, we were living in a somewhat 'lower class area' at the time and it would be a running joke that the area is full of 'druggies"
Screenshot_20230716_163853_Firefox.jpg

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Society garlic smells like weed.

My wife called a locum one time and he asked if we were growing weed, I had just trimmed it (the society garlic in the front garden) that day so it fucking stank.
Still not sure if he believed her reply, we were living in a somewhat 'lower class area' at the time and it would be a running joke that the area is full of 'druggies"
View attachment 36852

I have that in my front garden.

Wouldn’t say it smells like weed… but certainly is strong smelling when disturbed. I eat the flowers off it whenever they flower. Delicious.

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I have that in my front garden.

Wouldn’t say it smells like weed… but certainly is strong smelling when disturbed. I eat the flowers off it whenever they flower. Delicious.
I got sick of it and tried to eradicate it, still had small clumps popping up by the end when we moved though .May have had a nibble if I knew the flowers were edible, there were shit loads in the foot wide clumps of it!

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I got sick of it and tried to eradicate it, still had small clumps popping up by the end when we moved though .May have had a nibble if I knew the flowers were edible, there were shit loads in the foot wide clumps of it!
Not just theFlower ,,,the stems are also edible.

Top Bottom