Colour Change and Nanas (rodelization) again

czedd

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Hi All,
This is my 3rd attempt, and it looks like I have Nanas (rodelization) again that are changing colour. I don’t seem to be having much luck with switching to indoor growing.The seeds were sourced from a forum member. I was told the 4 seeds are lights. They have dark green foliage, and all turned out to be Nanas, but one has started to change colour some 3 weeks ago. The foliage underneath has started to turn light green. I grow in "Easy As Organics Soil". This time I added a small amount of Blood and Bone and worm castings.
During veg stage I used Professors Organic Grow (2ml per 1ltr water) once a week
During Flower I use Professors Organic Bloom (2ml per 1ltr water) once a week
Am I doing something wrong or am I having bad luck with the genetics?

Attachments

• foilage.JPG
    foilage.JPG
    924.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Leaf color.JPG
    Leaf color.JPG
    734 KB · Views: 41

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
What do you mean they all turned out to be Nanas? There's no pollen sacks visible in your photos. What strain is it, because you called them ' lights', which doesn't mean anything?

czedd

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
The nights have been 18-19 C Porky.
The container that the seeds came in had "9 Lights" written on it. and pictures of sacks attached Old Fox.
There appear to be no interruptions to light schedule But I will check for Light leaks Sedge. Its a Gorilla tent so I doubt it.

Attachments

• Lites.JPG
    Lites.JPG
    401 KB · Views: 42
  • Nanas.JPG
    Nanas.JPG
    815.6 KB · Views: 45

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Those ain't nanas.
How long you been in 12/12 for??

Here's what happens: She puts out hairs trying to find pollen, when there is no pollen, those white hairs turn brown and shrivel up. Inside the bud new hairs are again developing making new pods (just like in your pic). Those pods will open up and that new set of hairs will burst forward, looking for more pollen. So long as no pollen is available this process will keep repeating. I flower mine for 3 cycles of hairs, which usually takes me to around 12-13weeks of 12/12, and the boost in bud density, flavour and stone is exquisite IMHO. So much so I'll never do another 8wk cycle again. I have tried an even longer 15wk cycle, but didn't find a benefit over 12-13week cycle.

Nanas are called that because they're yellow and come in a bunch, like a bunch of bananas, long and skinny. The colour change you can see in the end of those pods are the end tips of the new hairs turning brown. When I say nanas are yellow I mean 'Yellow Taxi' type yellow, not brown.
Keep an eye on her, but don't be hitting that big red PANIC button, well, not yet anyway.
Those ain't no nanas.

Last edited:

czedd

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
They have been in 12/12 for 9 weeks Merl1n. Thanks for the explanation. I will persevere for a couple more weeks.
Thanks Mellow oldfark. I have googled stacking calaxes. (y)(y)(y)

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
You got a bad spider mite invasion going on also. That last pic you posted shows it.
Edit, you should still get through ok tho, being this late into flower

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
BIG+1 to Porky, those pics show them perfectly.

9weeks?.....Yea, they're in their 2nd cycle. If you leave her, they'll open up and be full on white hairs, slowly turning brown again. That extra maturity you're giving her matures the flavour profile HEAPS. Just remember to flush her well before ya chop. Get rid of the salts, this too will assist with flavour. Also, when you start your final flush the maturing process stops. One grow I thought she'd need another week so started my flush a week early... DOH...she was an excellent smoke, don't get me wrong, but I still wonder 'What would that end smoke have got to had I given her that final week BEFORE the flush'.

czedd

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
I do have two small fans. They are blowing across the top of the plants. I will reposition to blow off plants. Thanks Porky

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Hi All,
This is my 3rd attempt, and it looks like I have Nanas (rodelization) again that are changing colour. I don’t seem to be having much luck with switching to indoor growing.The seeds were sourced from a forum member. I was told the 4 seeds are lights. They have dark green foliage, and all turned out to be Nanas, but one has started to change colour some 3 weeks ago. The foliage underneath has started to turn light green. I grow in "Easy As Organics Soil". This time I added a small amount of Blood and Bone and worm castings.
During veg stage I used Professors Organic Grow (2ml per 1ltr water) once a week
During Flower I use Professors Organic Bloom (2ml per 1ltr water) once a week
Am I doing something wrong or am I having bad luck with the genetics?
What strain is this?

Top Bottom