Coco brands

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
This is the only coco coir that my local stocks. It says peat though so I’m a little confused that it is a coco and peat blend.
5E8CC839-4EA3-4216-998B-C479310CB81F.jpeg

There’s another one I’m looking at from the central coast which looks good if it’s better I’ll probably get that.

F84404BA-3D24-4657-BEBA-1234B27869F5.png

And what about this coco/clay blend. Anyone use this before?E2C372C0-4E1F-48CC-ACC5-A4B14B4A0A41.png

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

ozzy420

Germinating
User ID
I use bunnings coco my self and dont have any issues with it, if using for indoors give a good soak then ph ajusted water and wash and it ready to use...

R3za92

Baked
User ID
This is the only coco coir that my local stocks. It says peat though so I’m a little confused that it is a coco and peat blend.
View attachment 15731

There’s another one I’m looking at from the central coast which looks good if it’s better I’ll probably get that.

View attachment 15732

And what about this coco/clay blend. Anyone use this before?View attachment 15733
All 3 are fine. But buy your perlite seperate, it’ll end up cheaper and you can add as much or as little perlite as you want

Last edited:

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I use bunnings coco my self and dont have any issues with it, if using for indoors give a good soak then ph ajusted water and wash and it ready to use...
When you say Bunnings coco are you referring to the bricks which need flushing and buffering or the pinegrow hydroponic grade bags which are fine to go imo?

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Yes it save you $ as you pay 2-3 times more from a hydro shop...
I’m asking which Bunnings coco you use? They sell both brick and hydroponic grade bagged coco. Both are completely different products. The brick coco definitely needs to be flushed and buffered, I’ve pulled a fist sized lump of salt out of a 100l brick before which is why it’s cheap cheap, but $15 a bag for the hydroponic grade is a bargain if you don’t want to do any work

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
I’ve seen the pinegrow coco at bunnings I’ve never used it just assumed it was shot quality for the $12

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
ive Enough perlite for another grow but going to save it and use a simple blend of things ,,but I got a couple of those coco bags at Bunnings to add in. If I get some cal mag I’ll do a few plants in just the coco.

oh the shame.😉

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
ive Enough perlite for another grow but going to save it and use a simple blend of things ,,but I got a couple of those coco bags at Bunnings to add in. If I get some cal mag I’ll do a few plants in just the coco.

oh the shame.😉
Get fucked!!!!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Even still it works out 1/2 the cost of hydro shop coco, 60l for <$30. Only brick coco like can compete on price and sometimes not even than.
What's this pine grow yous are talking about??

R3za92

Baked
User ID
What are u growing in Rez? As in what brand?
Pinegro was out of stock last time I needed coco so went bricks. Got 4x5kg (60l ish) bricks and a 100l bag for $120 delivered off eBay. Just checked but and the listing is gone 😂

brand on the bricks is besgrow. It’s not trash but a little salty sometimes so I still give it a flush and buffer just to be safe.

Top Bottom