Clone set up

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-AUT...125851?hash=item3f89759bdb:g:cyoAAOSwKPdZ5A9P. I bought one of these last month while they were on sale for $95. Have run two rounds of clones. After 10 days had 100% success rate, both times. In my humble experience, they develop roots quicker than either soil, or peat pucks in humidity dome. Just gotta watch the water pH, which can rise to 8.4 within 24hours as tank/reservoir is small and pump runs non stop. Changed over from citric acid based pH down, to a phosphorous based pH down, which now keeps water pH in range for up to 4 days. No need for daily misting of clones. Semi automatic - just replace the water(approx 3 litres) after 4 days. Even an idiot like me can get 100% cloning success. I like the fact there is no medium attached to roots, so clones are suitable for use in any growing system.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I had one of those, could not get one clone to root in the bloody thing!
Not sure if that's a comment about you or the machine Billy 😜. Did U check water pH every day ? Without stabilising the pH, tap water rises in there to 8.4 within 24 hours. If U don't want it anymore, I'll swap your machine for a handful of magic beans....lol.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Haha.

I was using tank water at the time and ph was always good.. but I didn’t test it regularly. I even put a heater in to keep the temp optimum.

Ended up throwing the Fucker in the bin. 😂
Yeah initial pH of water sounds fine. After hours of running the pump in small volume of water, the pH rises really quickly. I think the pump sucks carbon ??? out of the water, which raises the pH. Unless we have some of Oz88s automated gadgets, we gotta keep the pH in range manually. Either with daily water changes, or using a stable pH down. There, fixed it for ya 🤣

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-AUT...125851?hash=item3f89759bdb:g:cyoAAOSwKPdZ5A9P. I bought one of these last month while they were on sale for $95. Have run two rounds of clones. After 10 days had 100% success rate, both times. In my humble experience, they develop roots quicker than either soil, or peat pucks in humidity dome. Just gotta watch the water pH, which can rise to 8.4 within 24hours as tank/reservoir is small and pump runs non stop. Changed over from citric acid based pH down, to a phosphorous based pH down, which now keeps water pH in range for up to 4 days. No need for daily misting of clones. Semi automatic - just replace the water(approx 3 litres) after 4 days. Even an idiot like me can get 100% cloning success. I like the fact there is no medium attached to roots, so clones are suitable for use in any growing system.

mate I have one of these and pretty much 95% success rate . I just cut them and put them in with a half dose of Rhizotonic nothing else .at First I thought it didn’t workby the 7/8th day then the next day I checked and most had cracked several roots .
Ive done this about 4 times now and never had such a good strike ratio compared to using gels and plugs, coco, rockwool etc
It works for me but some other people just put some gel on and away they go into any medium but all the ones I’ve tried doing that way have died on me ! Each to their own I spose

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
mate I have one of these and pretty much 95% success rate . I just cut them and put them in with a half dose of Rhizotonic nothing else .at First I thought it didn’t workby the 7/8th day then the next day I checked and most had cracked several roots .
Ive done this about 4 times now and never had such a good strike ratio compared to using gels and plugs, coco, rockwool etc
It works for me but some other people just put some gel on and away they go into any medium but all the ones I’ve tried doing that way have died on me ! Each to their own I spose
Yep. Automatic clone machine for $100 that works. Holds 24 cuttings. Just need to monitor water pH every day, as pH rises due to small reservoir. A stable pH down added to water, keeps it in check for 3 days at a time. I potted up all clones by day 10, over 2 rounds. By dpping stems in rooting gel I found 💯 have started roots by day 7.

JHerer

Germinating
User ID
I've been having 100% success rates using the RootIt cubes - just cut and stick in Clonex purple, and put in a cheap plastic Bunnings Jiffy Peat greenhouse. A cheap desklamp with a 18W CCFL in cool white does the trick very nicely.

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Same 95% clone strike rate, I treated it like a dwc, kept temps 18-24 ish... strated at ph5.5, after 24 hrs, ph d, back to ph5.5, about 48, 72 hrs mark , it w as stable at ph5.8-6, until day 7 to 9 transplant day. And did work a treat. Used the esky freezer slabs in freezer , on a cooling rotating roster. There work really good.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Same 95% clone strike rate, I treated it like a dwc, kept temps 18-24 ish... strated at ph5.5, after 24 hrs, ph d, back to ph5.5, about 48, 72 hrs mark , it w as stable at ph5.8-6, until day 7 to 9 transplant day. And did work a treat. Used the esky freezer slabs in freezer , on a cooling rotating roster. There work really good.
Lightly used one hanging around @Billygoat's local rubbish tip. 🤣

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
100 % here, cut them chuck them in water straight away

Then just do as Jherer does, use ezyplugs here tho, it don't matter what light ya use, anything from 40 w fluros to 1000w saltys, don't need a heat mat with the saltys lol

Best light was the old 150 HPS's

Top Bottom