Chasing supplies

nomoredrinking

Germinating
User ID
Hey all,

A little about myself:
Basically an introvert who used to smoke quite a lot and used to grow a bit of my own.
Settled down had kids etc so stopped growing, have been working in an industry for nearly a decade which did regular drug testing etc so I didn't keep in contact with any old suppliers and hence have nobody to buy bud from any more.

Reluctant to buy online for multiple reasons, and also a bit reluctant to try sign up for medical.
Anybody have any tips on finding a local seller? FWIW I'm based south of Brisbane.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Your best bet is medical, they will give anyone a script pretty much for insomnia/anxiety/arthritis the list goes on. It may seem daunting but the process is pretty straightforward. The thing is you have to book the initial appointment online (which sets you back $39 to $75) and they will call you back. When you are asked over the phone if you have had weed before just be honest with them and ask for the flower or else they will try you on other things like CBD or THC oil which is super expensive or give you a weak strain for beginners. You can get the indimed brand (pensioner discounted) for $99 per 10g tub, which can either be Pink Kush (indica) or Lemon skunk X Delahaze (Sativa). They normally will do both indica and sativa together 3 repeats, which is sent with express postage.. It seems like a pain in the ass but at least you don't have to worry about pgr buds 💩

nomoredrinking

Germinating
User ID
Your best bet is medical, they will give anyone a script pretty much for insomnia/anxiety/arthritis the list goes on. It may seem daunting but the process is pretty straightforward. The thing is you have to book the initial appointment online (which sets you back $39 to $75) and they will call you back. When you are asked over the phone if you have had weed before just be honest with them and ask for the flower or else they will try you on other things like CBD or THC oil which is super expensive or give you a weak strain for beginners. You can get the indimed brand (pensioner discounted) for $99 per 10g tub, which can either be Pink Kush (indica) or Lemon skunk X Delahaze (Sativa). They normally will do both indica and sativa together 3 repeats, which is sent with express postage.. It seems like a pain in the ass but at least you don't have to worry about pgr buds 💩
My concern with going medical is having it tied to my record/profile. I do quite a bit of work with requires maintaining a high security clearance and it's my understanding that this is the sort of stuff which comes up when being re-assessed.
So I was hoping to keep it anonymous if possible. I don't doubt I would be able to get it on medical, it's just a shame you need to register it.
I could buy 10 litres of Jack Daniels in cash at the local bottle-O and nobody would blink, but try to get an oz of weed...

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
My concern with going medical is having it tied to my record/profile. I do quite a bit of work with requires maintaining a high security clearance and it's my understanding that this is the sort of stuff which comes up when being re-assessed.
So I was hoping to keep it anonymous if possible. I don't doubt I would be able to get it on medical, it's just a shame you need to register it.
I could buy 10 litres of Jack Daniels in cash at the local bottle-O and nobody would blink, but try to get an oz of weed...
Not sure then, maybe a relative could get it for you. I'm out of ideas now 😆. Welcome to the forum also!!

nomoredrinking

Germinating
User ID
You got a real problem if ya can’t score in Logan ;)

But seriously, enter some comps or join up and get growing ;)
Well if I knew somebody in Logan I'd try, but more than likely either get jumped or end up with low grade or PGR.
Not sure if Nimbin is still any good for bush weed.

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Big, BIG plus here for oldfark's comment. Those records are confidential unless you give specific written permission for access.
My G.P. and my canna dr are 2 different medicos. My G.P. knows of my medical canna scripts, but he writes me up for high dose opiates by the box full, so a bit of canna is minimal.

I too was employed in a role where security checks, medical checks, WWC checks, medication administration checks, etc, etc, etc were all run through and I never had an issue.

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Grow it for sure...

Your in Logan, all your neighbours around you are growing it! 100% indoors..😀

Don't need know Gov approval for weed, and you certainly don't wanna pay them streetprices for the privilege of it!

Grow ya own!.. cost ya nothing but abit of time....

Plenty of folk here to help ya on ya growing journey...

nomoredrinking

Germinating
User ID
Grow it for sure...

Your in Logan, all your neighbours around you are growing it! 100% indoors..😀

Don't need know Gov approval for weed, and you certainly don't wanna pay them streetprices for the privilege of it!

Grow ya own!.. cost ya nothing but abit of time....

Plenty of folk here to help ya on ya growing journey...

FWIW I don't actually live in Logan, it's about 25 minutes drive away, but I get your point.
If it wasn't for the kids and their friends I would be growing my own supplies again.

nomoredrinking

Germinating
User ID
No one should have your medical records besides your prescribing doctor .
Doctor ,patient confidentiality.
Driving laws are more of a issue.👍

I think the TLA's get access to all of it, but on the other hand I'm sure I would be the only person with clearance who has a toke in their off time so I might look into the medical avenue again.

It is BS though that I could drink myself into a coma tonight with next to no regulation or checks.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I think the TLA's get access to all of it, but on the other hand I'm sure I would be the only person with clearance who has a toke in their off time so I might look into the medical avenue again.

It is BS though that I could drink myself into a coma tonight with next to no regulation or checks.
Yep. Drinking came very close to killing me and ten + years sober and my health is still shit from booze. And always will be from permanent damage.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Ps. Getting on medical is easy as mentioned.
I mean, I do have legit reasons ( a few )
But it was done over the phone. Nobody contacted my gp to check if I was being honest about my issues even.
No tests or anything just a chat, I talked to the canna dr on Thursday and had buds in my mail box Monday.

But, yeah of you can swing growing that’s what I would ( am) doing. My various canna scripts if I filled them all would have cost me About 1k a month which is WAY above what I can afford. ( saying that I’m prescribed 2 different flowers, oil and a cream), thpugh apparently there is cheaper flowers now than I was getting / am prescribed.

Anyway. Good luck however you go. I work for myself ( when I can be bothered ) so don’t have to worry about that side of things. Plus I don’t drive so another reason it’s all easier for me.

Top Bottom