CBD to THC ratio

C

Cat

Hi, I’ve just been prescribed medical cannabis at a ratio of 12.5% CBD to 11.5% THC. The whole item description is “FS48F - 10g ANTG Juno - 12.5% CBD 11.5% THC Flower”. To be honest, I’m really after the high to relax me and let me chill out properly. I’m not after a slight buzz. It’s so expensive and I’m a university student so I don’t want to spend the money only to find I’m a little buzzed and that’s it. Does anyone know if the ratio of 12.5% CBD to 11.5% THC is going to have any “high” effects? I’m not sure what the standard is here. Thank you!

Pikey

Baked
User ID
From the link I posted above :

"the effects were noticeable which surprised me as I have a moderate to high tolerance..very relaxing (more so than thc flower maybe) and less discombobulating lmao (more functional/clear minded) I found it decent to eat and sleep on tho I still prefer thc indica flowers for eating and sleeping! Good effect on pain I noticed too! Would be a good strain to get someone who’s less experienced and is worried about a strong psychoactive effect/paranoia etc"

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
From the link I posted above :

"the effects were noticeable which surprised me as I have a moderate to high tolerance..very relaxing (more so than thc flower maybe) and less discombobulating lmao (more functional/clear minded) I found it decent to eat and sleep on tho I still prefer thc indica flowers for eating and sleeping! Good effect on pain I noticed too! Would be a good strain to get someone who’s less experienced and is worried about a strong psychoactive effect/paranoia etc"

I couldn’t view it, need the reddit app.

Isn’t there a site dedicated to medicinal reviews?

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Yeah, as med mentioned above cannareviewsau.co and (believe it or not) reddit are the two best sources for info on medical cannabis in Australia at the moment (y).

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Hi, I’ve just been prescribed medical cannabis at a ratio of 12.5% CBD to 11.5% THC. The whole item description is “FS48F - 10g ANTG Juno - 12.5% CBD 11.5% THC Flower”. To be honest, I’m really after the high to relax me and let me chill out properly. I’m not after a slight buzz. It’s so expensive and I’m a university student so I don’t want to spend the money only to find I’m a little buzzed and that’s it. Does anyone know if the ratio of 12.5% CBD to 11.5% THC is going to have any “high” effects? I’m not sure what the standard is here. Thank you!
My dude, if you're properly prescribed then you should follow your Drs advice. Balanced strains are very good for medical purposes and your Dr should have chosen this for you for a reason. I use TB Huon which is similar ratio and it is fantastic for my needs during the day. I love the inclusion of the CBD, allows me to function very well.

Now all this said, you're a uni student. You're wanting to get blazed? I did my bachelor while pulling cones and on the beers, ended up with a HD average. You may be able to do similar, but don't be over confident. At the least, try what you've been prescribed and then go from there. You clearly don''t have a lot of knowledge on the subject given you're unfamiliar with percentages. Reevaluate what you're doing

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
My dude, if you're properly prescribed then you should follow your Drs advice. Balanced strains are very good for medical purposes and your Dr should have chosen this for you for a reason. I use TB Huon which is similar ratio and it is fantastic for my needs during the day. I love the inclusion of the CBD, allows me to function very well.

Now all this said, you're a uni student. You're wanting to get blazed? I did my bachelor while pulling cones and on the beers, ended up with a HD average. You may be able to do similar, but don't be over confident. At the least, try what you've been prescribed and then go from there. You clearly don''t have a lot of knowledge on the subject given you're unfamiliar with percentages. Reevaluate what you're doing
Ahh these dam kids now days smoking that devils lettuce and skate boarding on the footpath, what's the world coming to?

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Ahh these dam kids now days smoking that devils lettuce and skate boarding on the footpath, what's the world coming to?
Not quite. I've got no problem with people smoking - that should be obvious since I'm a member here - but the specifics of what OP was asking needed to be questioned. I do object to the MC industry going after 'cannabis naive' people as some do - this is not right for numerous reasons I wont state here. While I do think there is a benefit of those who would have sought of BM to transition onto MC even if not for strictly medical reasons, the OP doesn't fit that bill due to the prior point.

OP posted this question on OZStoners also. They've got their script but haven't even tried and complained and demonstrate their lack of knowledge about the substance. It is clearly foolish on their part and I think it correct to rebuke their approach. The fact that OP lives at a time where they can so easily get something of such quality should be appreciated and cherished. As a Uni student, they should be adept at doing basic research - and even have privileged access to academic literature. It's slack, and I don't respect it.

The current motto of 'you do you' is the most rubbish, narcissistic, attitude to hold and does nothing for the world. Kids these days, gotta show them the right path

missrachael

Vegetating
User ID
Hey Cat how did you go? That amount of thc will get you stoned but as others have suggested it will be a more relaxed, balanced & complex stone compared with the high thc strains you are perhaps used to. I know a few old school smokers who prefer 'medicinal' strains for their recreational use, I'm one.

missrachael

Vegetating
User ID
Not quite. I've got no problem with people smoking - that should be obvious since I'm a member here - but the specifics of what OP was asking needed to be questioned. I do object to the MC industry going after 'cannabis naive' people as some do - this is not right for numerous reasons I wont state here. While I do think there is a benefit of those who would have sought of BM to transition onto MC even if not for strictly medical reasons, the OP doesn't fit that bill due to the prior point.

OP posted this question on OZStoners also. They've got their script but haven't even tried and complained and demonstrate their lack of knowledge about the substance. It is clearly foolish on their part and I think it correct to rebuke their approach. The fact that OP lives at a time where they can so easily get something of such quality should be appreciated and cherished. As a Uni student, they should be adept at doing basic research - and even have privileged access to academic literature. It's slack, and I don't respect it.

The current motto of 'you do you' is the most rubbish, narcissistic, attitude to hold and does nothing for the world. Kids these days, gotta show them the right path
Why are you berating Cat, a guest here I might add, for asking advice from a reliable source like TSE? Most Doctors know very little about cannabis. Also how you gleaned a narcissistic attitude from the Q is a mystery to me.

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
If your nota seasoned stoner, 10-15%THC will still get you blazed..
Even 5%thc/5%cbd still gets me going…. But i can still function.

“Overall” terpines play a role too, even if the thc is lower. Like 5-10%.
There are dozens of different terpines thathave different presentations in different strains..
And those different combinations effect different ailments differently..
For different people😆

Get into growing and try a bunchof different strains…
The growing is very rewarding and quite addictive..
Plentyof seeds available around here too ;)

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
If your nota seasoned stoner, 10-15%THC will still get you blazed..
Even 5%thc/5%cbd still gets me going…. But i can still function.
Absolutely. I find the 10/10 THC/CBD I take during the day plenty of kick for my head. I still function, but you certainly feel it. And I've been a smoker for about 15 years. I take stronger stuff as well, but it doesn't mean the weaker stuff doesn't do the job. There's so much more to it than just % THC as you rightly point out

Top Bottom