Bonsai Seedlings

Fred Bear

Germinating
User ID
Hi all. Been growing indoors a few years now and after a lot of live and learn mistakes have pretty much developed a routine that works for me. Having said that this is my first grow from seed under LED. My crop just harvested were clones that veged under HPS then I got the LEDS in time for the bloom period. The thing is the fuckers are growing but look like bonsai's. Puny little leaves on top of puny little leaves. The only thing that has changed is the LED's. Anybody with a little insight greatly appreciated.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Hi all. Been growing indoors a few years now and after a lot of live and learn mistakes have pretty much developed a routine that works for me. Having said that this is my first grow from seed under LED. My crop just harvested were clones that veged under HPS then I got the LEDS in time for the bloom period. The thing is the fuckers are growing but look like bonsai's. Puny little leaves on top of puny little leaves. The only thing that has changed is the LED's. Anybody with a little insight greatly appreciated.
What lights are you using and how close do you have them??
Are you dimming them??
Pics??

Fred Bear

Germinating
User ID
What lights are you using and how close do you have them??
Are you dimming them??
Pics??
Its a 300w Lumatek LED, dialed down to 25% and about 700mm from canopy. Nutes are weak about 0.2EC

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    880.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    973.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    844.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    820.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I would try adding about 30% perlite 2 that coco 2 start
If they are not autos i would bump that E.C up to 0.8-1.0 as they is looking a bit on lime green side

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Should not need much nutes at this stage. 0.2 to 0.3 . Good strains of cannabis should need little to no nutes in the first few weeks of vegative growth.
Perlite would be advantage to assist in airation .
Make sure your ph is correct otherwise no nutrient uptake!
What is your daily temps lights on and off?
You'd probably find if you keep your seedlings in smaller pots longer and grow them under 2 foot fluros , one or two would suffice.
Grow them under fluros until they fill the small pot.say folliage as big as your open hand.
That way when you transplant to final pots they will explode into noticeable growth in 24 hours .
Fluros give gentle but very effective vegative growth.
Hope that helps some.✌

Fred Bear

Germinating
User ID
Thanks for the imput everyone. That is one other thing I changed this grow was no perlite. Heat mat isn't on it's only there because its Melbourne in summer which varies between 40 and 10C any given day or night. The temp I have little control over as they are outside in the garage which is basically a large tin shed. I'm pretty anal with PH, 5.8-60. I put them in larger pots because at one stage I went with the theory that I had over watered so upsized pots with dry coco. I think I will try either changing light to fluros or I have a 400w ballast I can dial down to 125w. Will post any improvements or not.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Thanks for the imput everyone. That is one other thing I changed this grow was no perlite. Heat mat isn't on it's only there because its Melbourne in summer which varies between 40 and 10C any given day or night. The temp I have little control over as they are outside in the garage which is basically a large tin shed. I'm pretty anal with PH, 5.8-60. I put them in larger pots because at one stage I went with the theory that I had over watered so upsized pots with dry coco. I think I will try either changing light to fluros or I have a 400w ballast I can dial down to 125w. Will post any improvements or not.
Give em a feed of N mate they look to be starving.

Top Bottom