Best led for a 5x5 tent

• Thread starter Ruth's alternative caring
  • Start date
R

Ruth's alternative caring

Hey guys was thinking about buying this led can I get anything better for the same price?

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Hey guys was thinking about buying this led can I get anything better for the same price?

not really. There are other brands with equivalent products but nothing thatā€™s standout better.

Michael J Foxtail

The botrytis bin possum
User ID

No

Michael J Foxtail

The botrytis bin possum
User ID

Zorro_7

Blooming
User ID
Right.

I'm gonna get fucking stoned at Nimbin. Who the fuck stands with me??? Dotts ya filthy vegetarian. Are you down G???

Allotropy. Werd house. Biggest dickhead.

I wanna smoke cones with sugar and ride home on a pony. Drunk with Pedro in my arms.

Test the microphone 1 and 2.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Necro-posting I know, and no doubt many will disagree..

But from what I've researched lately, if you want the best uniform coverage of a 5x5 tent, you'd probably want to look at something that is 800 true watts and up. Sure, you don't need something that big, though you better expect some serious drop off on the edges with anything less.

Here's SOME compatible options available in early 2022..

Mars Hydro FC8000 LED Grow Light

Spider Farmer SE1000w LED Grow Light

Or if you want a better build quality and/or love purple. There's this extravagant option..

Lumatek Grow Light ZEUS 1000w Xtreme

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Is the lumitek 3 times better than equivalent spider?šŸ˜Ž
Also noticed some of the most expensive models out there havnt progressed to the rail type design and are smallish light boards spread out 4 ways.
Couldn't see coverage being as good ,as leds bunched up on panels.?
Certainly lots to consider in this segment of the market especially if your on a budget.šŸ¤“

Last edited:

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I reckon Lumatek would like to spin it like that, mate. Though it appears they're both at 2.9 Āµmol/J efficacy.

As for the Bars vs. Boards battle, only time will tell. If you believe what some bang on about, the emerging trend is meant to in favour of the Bars.

Personally, I've been keen on the Bar format, ever since Tunks made his own array using the Samsung strips. To me, it seems to make more sense to even out the footprint, and minimise drop-off on the edges. But yeah, happy either way to see which way innovation takes the grow light industry. (y)

Last edited:
Top Bottom